wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Competing in BOTH Women's Physique AND Figure?

I'm relatively new to women's figure competition, but have run into something I cannot figure out.

In my two most recent shows, there was a Female competitor who won BOTH the Figure Overall AND the Physique Overall.

Is this normal?

I had assumed that what the judges were looking for with Women's Physique would be different enough from Women's Figure that a person could not win both. I mean, if a woman is muscular and striated enough to win in Women's Physique, shouldn't this mean that she is TOO muscular and striated to win in Figure?

If I, as a Figure competitor, tried to compete in Bikini, I would not win (rightfully so!). Shouldn't the same apply to Physique competitors in the Figure classes?

I read the rules about what judges are looking for, and they do say that if a figure competitor has too much muscle or striations, points will be deducted.

But if a woman can be muscular and striated and win BOTH physique and figure, then why are there two "muscle" categories at all? Why not just lump them both together?

Thoughts?
    IG: wendymyers_fitness

OCB and NPC Figure Competitor

TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You are correct in your confusion. I can't say I've ever seen a woman win both before. I would assume it would come down to the competition. Was it a small show with not a lot of competition? If so, then maybe even with the deductions, she was still better than second place. I can't say for sure without pics or knowing the show. Judging is getting very political now days depending on the organization. I'd be hard pressed to find a bigger show with one woman winning both physique and figure. I guess it's plausible and depends on the organization as well. Most of the categories, people are getting bigger and bigger. An NPC men's physique competitor is probably bigger than 3/4 of the guys in an NANBF show and could do really well in NANBF bodybuilding, but not at bodybuilding at the NPC level. Everyone is out pushing the boundaries as to what is bodybuilding, classic, physique, figure, and even bikini now days. Keep at it and don't get disappointed. Bring the best you and that's all you can ask for. Where you place is just a way for the judges to keep their jobs .

thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000) thehardg00dbye is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Competing across age groups is one thing but, classes is another. This doesnt seems like it should jive to me.
    *High Test Crew*

6'4" master race crew.

Epic beard to compensate for baldness crew.

Almost 40 and the best I've ever been crew.

Sicilian German hybrid

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It happens every now and then at shows from what I have seen it usually comes down to conditioning. The physique or figure girls class may have been small and the other competitors may have not looked as conditioned as the physique girl, so they award her both classes.
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wendymyersfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TrainBeastMode View Post
    You are correct in your confusion. I can't say I've ever seen a woman win both before. I would assume it would come down to the competition. Was it a small show with not a lot of competition?
    It wasn't a tiny show. There were about 300 total competitors. But yes, the women's physique classes were by far the smallest of them all.
    IG: wendymyers_fitness

OCB and NPC Figure Competitor

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a variety of factors... the pendulum swings when it comes to judging... judges themselves can swing from looking for sheer size, or looking for conditioning, or somewhere in the spectrum. Then the org as a whole can move back and forth as to what they're looking for. And at the end of the day it all comes down to who shows up for the show.

I've seen competitors try to nail a certain look based on past shows in an org, only to see what the judges are looking for change completely. And it's why some folks game the show and enter multiple categories in orgs that allow crossovers like that. In the end... that's why I just try to bring the best version of how I want to look within my category .. I do it for me
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been in a recent show where a woman won 3 classes: 1st place bikini open (she won her pro card), 1st place novice fitness model (a mix between figure & bikini in this federation) and 2nd place in novice figure.

I was also a bit confused, and was not the only one. It was a smallish show, but still...
    Mom of two boys.

Competed for the first time in 2019.
    Managed to voluntarily put on 22 pounds during off season, ready to bring an updated version to the stage when shows start happening again!

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've seen it happen a decent amount, especially in the smaller shows for natty orgs. There can be so many divs... bikini, figure, physique, athletic, sports model, fitness, etc. And when you are looking at a not huge show, a lot of the women look very similar. Maybe a little more muscle, a little less BF, etc.
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified