Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb bigpoppa2's journal a log tracking my failures and success!

Hi guys!

Welcome to my log. I have been following some of the logs on this site and that inspired me to get my own. I plan on using this log as a way of keeping track of my progress and keeping me honest in how things are going. any advice and reply is welcome. I will make a new post every week maybe every second week.

a little back ground story:

I have been working out for several years now, always been overweight and with a good appetite. My weight has gone from 89-88 kg to now were i am sitting at my heaviest 102,8 kg. I think this might be because of change in lifestyle, desk job and becoming a father. I plan to cut down to 78-75 kg and reassess from there. My end goal is to get around 11-10 bf and keep the weight off.

I'm going to try out intermittent fasting because of the convenience, and I end up following it most of the time anyways.My current cut started at 05/05/2019

05/05 week 1: 102,8 kg
    12/05 week 2: 101,4 kg
    19/05 week 3: 100,7 kg
    26/05 week 4
    02/06 week 5
    09/06 week 6
    16/06 week 7
    23/06 week 8
    30/06 week 9
    07/07 week 10
    14/07 week 11
    21/07 week 12
    28/07 week 13
    04/08 week 14
    11/08 week 15

bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpoppa2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weekly progess update:
    It's been 2 week since my first post. The progress so far is really good i have gone down to 98,7 kg so 2 kg lost and around 4 lbs. I am hoping the weight loss will keep on. However i also know at some point the loss rate will slow down, just hope its when i am under 90 kg. we will see.

THOUGHTS
    I have chosen to not measure my food and start by eyeballing it for the first couple of month. I know it would be better to measure it but my strategy is not to overcomplicate things and just focus on eating less then i used to and asses according to my weekly weight-loss rate. I have also cut out sweets and all snacks. As i mentioned before I am following the IF protocol and it suits me really well. Since it is so simple and easy to follow through. Sometimes i might eat to little but as long as my strength reminds the same i am good.

Here is an overview of how the 4 weeks weight-loss progress is going so far.
    Attached Images

Update.

This morning i was 98,4 kg so the weight is to my delight going down.
    On IF I've experienced that i get hypoglycemia symptons such as dizziness and blurry vision. but after eating some sugar it normally goes away. a couple of days ago it happened, during my full body work i was about to faint after squatting and DL. I had to stop my workout and get some sugar in me, afterwards i had a headache for 2 days. Everythings good now and heading to the gym tomorrow, i'll update to let you know how that goes.

Update,

This morning weight was 99 kg, probably because of water weight, last night i had thai food with a lot of salt, too much to be honest.
    i've went to the gym and slowly getting stronger!
    Last edited by bigpoppa2; 06-06-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Update;

Since last time, what i feared happened my loss rate has fallen somewhat, i need to eat less. And i am also thinking i should start corporating cardio. maybe 20 min x 3 times a week.

26/05 week 4 100,3 kg
    02/06 week 5 98,5 kg
    11/06 week 6 98,7 kg

Arganth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigpoppa2 View Post
    Update;

Since last time, what i feared happened my loss rate has fallen somewhat, i need to eat less. And i am also thinking i should start corporating cardio. maybe 20 min x 3 times a week.

26/05 week 4 100,3 kg
    02/06 week 5 98,5 kg
    11/06 week 6 98,7 kg
    How much calories do you eat daily? Are you measuring?

Originally Posted by Arganth View Post
    How much calories do you eat daily? Are you measuring?
    No i am not measuring at the moment. I know that it is the most fireproof method beacuse of calorie in vs out. I've done it before and i'll do it when i loss more weight. The main reason i'm not meausring right now is that i've never been this big before, so it's fairly easy for me to lose the weight right now by just eating sensible. when i hit around 88 kg i will start weighing everything. are you on a weightloss journey too?

Arganth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No i am not measuring at the moment. I know that it is the most fireproof method beacuse of calorie in vs out. I've done it before and i'll do it when i loss more weight. The main reason i'm not meausring right now is that i've never been this big before, so it's fairly easy for me to lose the weight right now by just eating sensible. when i hit around 88 kg i will start weighing everything. are you on a weightloss journey too?
    Yes, my first week completed today.
    I want to get down from about 110 kg to about 85 kg on 1.75 m height.

Right now track with myfitnesspal.
    Originally I wanted to to a PSMF but I have a mentally demanding full time job (hohohoho)
    and further studies besides work and without additional carbs/fat I would not be able to function correctly ^^

So I eat about 1200 kals daily and try to reach 100 to 150 g of protein. The rest is a mixture of carbs and fat (where try to go for a lot more carbs than fat). So a "If it fits your macros"-approach.

This is combined with strength training at least 3 times (push/pull/leg with high intensity, lowered volume) a week and (if i have a really good day ^^) some mild cardio.

Whereas I am tracking my food (every meal) I do not weigh myself daily.
    probably rather monthly/6 weekly (or just go by looks)

The first 3 days were rather unnerving but now it at least seems to go smoothly

Originally Posted by Arganth View Post
    Yes, my first week completed today.
    I want to get down from about 110 kg to about 85 kg on 1.75 m height.

Right now track with myfitnesspal.
    Originally I wanted to to a PSMF but I have a mentally demanding full time job (hohohoho)
    and further studies besides work and without additional carbs/fat I would not be able to function correctly ^^

So I eat about 1200 kals daily and try to reach 100 to 150 g of protein. The rest is a mixture of carbs and fat (where try to go for a lot more carbs than fat). So a "If it fits your macros"-approach.

This is combined with strength training at least 3 times (push/pull/leg with high intensity, lowered volume) a week and (if i have a really good day ^^) some mild cardio.

Whereas I am tracking my food (every meal) I do not weigh myself daily.
    probably rather monthly/6 weekly (or just go by looks)

The first 3 days were rather unnerving but now it at least seems to go smoothly
    Good job finishing the first week! I always feel it’s mentally
    Harder the first couple of weeks. After you have been at it for a couple of weeks the cravings withdraws and new good habits forms.

I use lifesum, seems like it has more of the food types in my area (Northern EU).

Wow 1200 kals seems very very low, I am baffled, how you can function with an intake that low.
    We are the exact same height, I also have a sedentary job (Finans) and right now I am 98,5 kg, and I am roughly eating 2300 kals daily and I am losing weight little by little around 0,6 – 1 kg every week (on average).

My advice would be increase your intake to something like 2000 kals daily and asses after a couple of weeks. If the weight loss stop then gradually decrease kals. Especially if you want to cut for a longer period and maintain some of your muscle mass .

I am looking forward to follow your process and please chime in with whatever!

Update

26/05 week 4 100,3 kg
    02/06 week 5 98,5 kg
    11/06 week 6 98,7 kg
    18/06 week 7 98,2 kg

The weight finally started moving in the right direction, my workout is going great my strength is improving i'm doing a full body 5x5
    here is the current lifts
    Squat 120 kg
    penlay row 60 kg
    bench 90 kg
    pullup own weight 5x5
    DL 145 kg

Update

Diet wise and gym wise its been a really good week for me. This is also evident on the weight, today I was 96,9, So a big drop after slow weight loss period.
    26/05 week 4 100,3 kg
    02/06 week 5 98,5 kg
    11/06 week 6 98,7 kg
    18/06 week 7 98,2 kg
    24/06 week 8 96,9 kg

Thoughts of the day.

ive been reading a lot on this forum and even though I have been lifting for some years now, I keep learning new things.
    Throughout this process, I have learned that fat loss is both complex and easy at the same time. Complex because there is sooo much information about it both correct and incorrect information and I understand why a newbie would get super frustrated and give up. Nevertheless, it is also super easy because of the notion of calories in vs. calories out. If we take in more energy (calories) than we expend, we gain weight. If we expend more energy than we take in, we lose weight. This is an unbreakable law of physics and is not even debatable. Some of the experienced people in here keep writing that to all the new people that are on their journey, thanks for that! I have also found out that some approaches helps me more than others.

1. Always enjoy and focus on the process, I am a process orientated kind of guy, so even though I am not seeing any weight loss I should just focusing on the process and results will come along it.
    2. Focus on NEAT, this is huge and has fundamentally changed my day to day activities
    3. Don’t overcomplicate stuff, I use to dabble into all sort of trends ( KETO,Paleo, Atkins etc.)
    4. Listen to your body, for instance in many cases thirst can feel like you hungry.

Anyways enough rambling and back to take some action... see you next week!

Update
    26/05 week 4 100,3 kg
    02/06 week 5 98,5 kg
    11/06 week 6 98,7 kg
    18/06 week 7 98,2 kg
    24/06 week 8 96,9 kg
    01/07 week 9 96,4 kg

Weight is still going down. Since i am going for a short vacation in 3 weeks time. I have decided to speed up the prosess a little and start a psmf. I'll keep updating. Oh and i plan to post a picture before and efter when i hit something like 92 kg.
    Peace

IvanTheFat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the process is a great thing, but nothing compares to a good result😁
    good luck, interesting to see how fast it is possible to lose weight.
    my fat loss log : https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177028471

Originally Posted by IvanTheFat View Post
    the process is a great thing, but nothing compares to a good result
    good luck, interesting to see how fast it is possible to lose weight.
    Correct! but it's dangerous to only focus on result, specially since weight loss not linear, hence why I have been focusing on the process .. thanks mate good luck with your jouney i will follow your log!

Update,

I have been on psmf diet for 2 days and i am already down to 95,9 this morning. i difenitly have lower energy but overall mood is good! today i am hitting the gym i am excited to see how that goes on this diet.

helooooo people. 3 month update!

I am still on my fat loss journey and it's going really good! what happned since last time, was that i tried the psmf, i stopped it since i felt too largatic and instead i focused on what works for me and thats a controlled food intake with enough cal to lose weight while performing in the gym... During these 3 month i have lost 12 cm around my waist line and increased my strenght in all the compound excercises. i changed my wardrobe and i can clearly see a better figur in the mirror.. So excited to see what the next months bring.

Update
    26/05 week 4 100,3 kg
    02/06 week 5 98,5 kg
    11/06 week 6 98,7 kg
    18/06 week 7 98,2 kg
    24/06 week 8 96,9 kg
    01/07 week 9 96,4 kg
    14/07 week 10 96 kg
    21/07 week 11 95,6 kg
    29/07 week 12 94,9 kg
    08/08 week 13 94,1 kg

Hi guys, 
    So it’s been a long time since I’ve updated. I have not been tracking my weight and lost track of the  weight loss. Life happened. Nevertheless now I’m back much more focused and motivated. As of today 14/02/2020 my weight is 97,8 kg so I’ve gained 3,7 kg. Not as bad as I thought, but now it’s time to lose some serious weight.

My short term goal is 88 kg which I hope I can reach within 3 months so 1/05/2020.

That means I should lose 3,3 kg a month  meaning around 0,7-0,8 kg a week. A little hard but I think it’s durable. Before I didn’t measure my food on the scale, I was just guessing now I’ve started to measure everything. Except at work.

I’ll upload once every week here we go.

Week 1: 97,8

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Week 5:

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

Week 10

Week 11

Week 12

Week 2 17/02/2020

So time for an update, this week has been good I’ve hit the gym 4 time and I’ve been measuring all my meals been eating 1800-2100 depending on if I was going to the gym or not. Anyways I’ve lost a good amount and still going strong cya!

Week 2: 97,4
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9
    Week 10
    Week 11
    Week 12

So time for an update, this week has been good I’ve hit the gym 4 time and I’ve been measuring all my meals been eating 1800-2100 depending on if I was going to the gym or not. Anyways I’ve lost a good amount and still going strong cya!

Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9
    Week 10
    Week 11
    Week 12

Another update good week, improving workout and quiet full on 2300 kcal. I'm wondering i might should lower my cal intake. However i'm losing on the current so maybe not. I don't really know but i will stick to 2300 and see what happens. So far i've gone down 2 holes in my weightlifting belt.

Week 3: 96,9
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9
    Week 10
    Week 11
    Week 12

Update week 10

Weekly update
    Now I am 96,0 kg.
    Week 4:96,0
    Week 5:
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9
    Week 10
    Week 11
    Week 12
    The week has been good. I have been tracking my intake every day, I am aiming for 2300 kcal and averaging around 2200. Increasing carbs on lifting days and decreasing them on rest day. Right now, I lift 4/3 times a week full body. Lots of compound movement and progressing on all lifts. So far my body composition has changed and my lift belt has gone done two holes.

Monthly reflection February

Accomplished:
    I have been consistent this month with the lifting and calorie measuring. I have lost 3,2 kg although I increased my cal intake from 2000 to 2300. I am pleased and I hope I can get the same result next month.

Got myself a new smart watch and smart scale weight, which just motivated me even more.

Challenges
    After lifting, I had a 30-50 min cardio session including some hit. This combined with my full body workout resulted in a long workout session. I am thinking about decreasing this since I am still losing.

March:

For this month, I plan to continue doing what I am already doing. If the weight loss rate decrease, I will be decreasing my cal inake with 100 cal. So aiming for 2200 or maybe start jogging on non-lifting days.
    Last edited by bigpoppa2; 03-04-2020 at 11:40 PM.

week 11

Weekly update
    Now I am 96,0 kg.
    Week 4:96,0
    Week 5:
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9
    Week 10
    Week 11
    Week 12
    The week has been good. I have been tracking my intake every day, I am aiming for 2300 kcal and averaging around 2200. Increasing carbs on lifting days and decreasing them on rest day. Right now, I lift 4/3 times a week full body. Lots of compound movement and progressing on all lifts. So far my body composition has changed and my lift belt has gone done two holes.

Monthly reflection February

Accomplished:
    I have been consistent this month with the lifting and calorie measuring. I have lost 3,2 kg although I increased my cal intake from 2000 to 2300. I am pleased and I hope I can get the same result next month.

Got myself a new smart watch and smart scale weight, which just motivated me even more.

Challenges
    After lifting, I had a 30-50 min cardio session including some hit. This combined with my full body workout resulted in a long workout session. I am thinking about decreasing this since I am still losing.

March:

For this month, I plan to continue doing what I am already doing. If the weight loss rate decrease, I will be decreasing my cal inake with 100 cal. So aiming for 2200 or maybe start jogging on non-lifting days.

Weekly update

Great week, with 2,5 and 5 kg increase in all my lifts. While losing 0,6 kg. So far enjoying the process and excited to reach my nect short term goal 92,5 kg. LETS gooooo

Start 96,0 kg.
    Week 4:96,0 - 04/03/2020
    Week 5:95,4 -10/03/2020
    Week 6
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9
    Week 10
    Week 11
    Week 12

week 6

Update time, i'm a little late with the update, but things have been pretty hectic these days. The whole country went on a lock down due to the corona virus and the company i work for asked me to work from home. Due to the lockdown, all the gyms are closed. This have had a pretty big impact on my NEAT and lifting. Since last time i've gaines 0,6 kg. I've lost some momentum. However it's nothing i can't come back from. The gym is scheduled to open 30/03,ofcourse depending on the situation. I think it will take much longer, so i invested in a home gym (squat rack, OL bar, 200 lbs weights ). I'm planning to take up running eventhough i'm still a little too heavy. Looking forward to get my gear and change trajectory.

Start 96,0 kg.
    Week 6:96,0 - 20/03/2020
    Week 7
    Week 8
    Week 9
    Week 10
    Week 11
    Week 12

update 21/04/2020

Start 96,0 kg.

Week 7:95,1- 27/03/2020

Week 8-94,1 -05/04/2020

Week 9- 94,1-16/04/2020

Week 10 - 93,9-20/04/2020

Week 11

Week 12

So the process has somewhat slowed down a bit, which is okay, i've come to the conclusion that this is a marathon and not a sprint which is OK. I will just enjoy the ride and enjoy the visible improvement. Im still hitting the weights and this week i've startet running outside. i'm looking forward to the next update cya!

Start 96,0 kg.

Week 7:95,1- 27/03/2020

Week 8-94,1 -05/04/2020

Week 9- 94,1-16/04/2020

Week 10 - 93,9-20/04/2020

Week 11 - 93,4 - 27/04/2020

Week 12

week 13

week 14

week 15

Time for another update. This week been great it seems i'm getting out of the plateau. The weather is getting better and better i'm really looking forward to where I'll be in a couple of month i can taste my short term goal which is 90 kg. ( aorund 200 lbs). My long term goal is 75 kg but i will reevaluate at 83 kg. have a great day peeps!

UPDATE

So here is some bad news. i've experinced some set backs and due to those i've gained some weight back. For around 2,5-3months i haven't measured or planned my meals, basically i've lost motivation and just eaten what was in front of me. i've also reintroduced a bad habit of mine, which is snacking at night time.

The good news is that i've been hitting the weights hard and gained some good strenght.

Currently i am 96,7 kg and thus gained around 3 kg. from today i'll start measuring everything i eat in the biginning by eyeballing and eventually by scale.

I looking forward to the losses

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    UPDATE

So here is some bad news. i've experinced some set backs and due to those i've gained some weight back. For around 2,5-3months i haven't measured or planned my meals, basically i've lost motivation and just eaten what was in front of me. i've also reintroduced a bad habit of mine, which is snacking at night time.

The good news is that i've been hitting the weights hard and gained some good strenght.

Currently i am 96,7 kg and thus gained around 3 kg. from today i'll start measuring everything i eat in the biginning by eyeballing and eventually by scale.

I looking forward to the losses
    Good luck and nice job on the strength gains, at least there's that bonus.

Nowadays I tend to eyeball (more from having tracked so religiously for so long that I can estimate pretty accurately and conservatively). The less stressful your cut, the more sustainable it is so if you can keep this up then by all means do. It looks like you're able to be consistent. Sustainability is the greatest feature of any fat loss effort, all results are down to it.

You'll have dumped those 3kg before you know it and be heading towards your goal!

Back at it

So yeah, it’s been a minute since my last update. I’ve experienced yet another setback. Where I didn’t focus on my weight loss journey and completely stopped prioritizing it. However I’ve found my motivation and I’m back, much more focus the before, and I’m without a shred of doubt sure that I’ll hit my goal. During this period I’ve learned that I really need to focus more on making habits that will help me In my cut. I’ll hit the weights 4 times a week and run 2 times a week, I enjoy running so I’ll incorporate that into my cut, much earlier then I have done before in a cut.
    Enough with the excuses and back to work. I plan on updating every week or so.

Current status.
    I’m already 2 weeks into my cut. So far I’ve been doing really well. I’ve lost around 3 kg and currently I’m sitting at 97,7 kg.
    The long term goal is still to cut down to 75.my short term goal 12 weeks is to hit 90 kg and the go for 12 weeks more to reach 80 kg.
    17/01 Week 1 97,7 kg
    24/01 week 2
    31/01 week 3

37 yo, Marysville WA illpinoise's Avatar
    illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Glad you're back at it. Do you weigh yourself everyday or weekly? Have you also taken progress pics?

Originally Posted by illpinoise View Post
    Glad you're back at it. Do you weigh yourself everyday or weekly? Have you also taken progress pics?
    Thanks! I weigh myself everyday, I know it might be excessive but when that’s the first thing I do it gets me in the right mindset for the rest of the day. I’ve taken starting pictures and plan to take pictures once every months.

I remember your great log. How is it going with keeping the weight off, seems as that’s much harder then loss weight.

Update week 3

A great week went by and it’s going quite well,
    I haven’t worked out as much as I would like only lifting 2 days and running 5 km 1 day. Im still On IF and hunger has really not been a problem dunno why. Even though I’m in a big deficit 700-1000 cal a day. I get roughly 2000 cal every day. Don’t really care about macro split as long as i get enough protein which I do.

Start weight 102 kg
    17/01 Week 1 97,7 kg
    24/01 week 2 96,4 kg
    31/01 week 3