kavanase is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protruding Lower Stomach

I have noticed for some time now that my lower ab area seems to constantly stick out (see attached photos). It always sticks out somewhat, even if I tense/flex etc. I know it's not fat, because it's always there, even when I've been very lean. I also don't think it's posture-related (i.e. lordosis), as my posture isn't particularly bad (afaik!) and it doesn't disappear when I curve my spine (see photo). Also, the shape of the bulge doesn't match images online of lordosis.
    Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!

PS: I thought that it might have something to do with my intestines or bladder, such as constipation. But I always have this bulge, and am rarely constipated! Unless I'm chronically constipated and unaware...
    Attached Images

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like a little bit of fat to me. That area is generally the last place weight comes off of in men.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hypernation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It’s fat. Notoriously difficult area to flatten out. Even worse, once you flatten it down that ****er will come right back quick as anything if you have a cheat weekend.

Rigid diet and cardio.
    You have my word as a Schons.

TheChrisGainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Work harder on your shoulders and traps. It will make the bulge appear smaller.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @kavanase, how much do you squat?

Heavy squats can help strengthen the abdominal wall, which can make that area look better, especially when you get leaner.

Originally Posted by Hypernation View Post
    It’s fat. Notoriously difficult area to flatten out. Even worse, once you flatten it down that ****er will come right back quick as anything if you have a cheat weekend.
    Or even worse: once it's gone you're so lean that that you're already losing strength and muscle mass.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 05-24-2019 at 07:48 AM.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's fat, and I have exactly the same thing (a bit worse than you).

I gave up trying to get rid of it in the end because I was becoming ridiculously lean everywhere else.

kavanase is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Are you sure it's fat?

Cheers lads for your input and advice, I appreciate it!
    I'm struggling to believe that it is belly fat though, as it doesn't feel like fat. It feels a bit more firm/rigid than fat normally does. Also, it's only something that I've noticed in the past two years or so. I found these two photos of me when I was quite lean, and it still seems to be there. Surely if it was belly fat it wouldn't still be there when I was that lean?
    Again, all the help is appreciated boys
    Attached Images

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You don’t have as much muscle base as you believe, coupled with you’re not as low body fat as you believe.

It’s fat, as everyone else has said. Keep working hard in the gym, you’ll get there. You just need to add more muscle and keep building up the abdominal wall.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners