ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ycpspartan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Strength Training for Long Distance Runners

Does anyone have any recommendations? I enjoy lifting and wouldn't mind a program that has me in the gym three days a week if not more, but the problem is that most programs that I've found are all one day, and don't have many traditional/ barbell lifts (maybe for a reason).

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What would be your goals for the strength training? To improve your long distance running? Or separate (ie, gain muscle, get stronger, look better, etc)?

I imagine you can do most upper body stuff without impeding your running. The trickier part would be training legs properly. You could probably train legs once weekly before a rest day (if you take 1 day off weekly from running), or you could train legs multiple times weekly and keep the volume relatively low so that it does not impede your running and recovery much. There are probably forums for long distance running where this is discussed to some degree; have you looked for any?

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long are you running? I ask because I strength train twice a week and tend to do a lot of high mileage during the week between running and rucking (walking with a weighted backpack). I strength train twice a week - mostly clean and press, squats, and pull-ups with some swings thrown in there. I've run a half marathon up to this point and have rucked a 50K before.