maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy Macros & Calories 6 weeks out: left without a trainer or guidance

I competed in April and did pretty well for my first show. Most of all, I loved every second of being on stage. I planned to compete again in early July and wanted to work with my trainer but I'm having communication issues. Long story short, 2 months post-show, I'm left without a plan and have yet to see him.

I have the drive to go and do this other show (same category and federation), but I'm running a bit behind and cannot find another coach so close to show time. I kinda want to give it a try and do this by myself, I feel it is an interesting challenge. Please note I've been counting macros/calories for 6+ years and training for more than that. I have a good understanding of how my body reacts to different approach.

Here are my issues/questions and I was hoping some of you could help me make up my mind about what to do.

What I was doing for my 1st prep:
    -for 8-9 weeks (!!!): No carbs besides veggies, I was around 30g of net carbs daily. I lost weight rapidly and my digestion was fine, I feel like I may be sensitive to carbs (instant bloat), I also felt like I couldn't lift super heavy being low carbs;
    -30 minutes of LISS cardio 7x a week;
    -Weight lifting (pretty much full body) 4x a week;
    -Fats were high (90g+) and protein as well. Calories were around 1800 pretty much all prep.

What I want to do (and started on monday, post vacation):
    -Up my carbs (sweet potato and rice mostly) intake to around 70-75g, lower my fats a bit and get to a 1500-1600 calories intake (6 weeks out, is that too little/much?), my maintenance is around 2000-2200 cal, calculated from experience.
    -Cardio 4-5x a week for now, alternate between HIIT & LISS and increase if needed;
    -Lifting 5-6x a week;
    -Schedule posing classes with my previous posing coach.

I am 5'5 and weighted 108 pounds on stage (TINY!!!), after major water manipulation. I lost 4 pounds during the water deplete. I am now 118 pounds. Gained a bit of fat obviously but I feel it's mostly due to eating so little carbs and then go to 150g+: I feel bloated AF.

I'm giving myself 3-4 weeks to see how my body reacts and will then decide if I feel like I can enter the show or not. What do you all think? Am I crazy (a little?)? Any tips?

I'm then taking a break to add some muscle and will find another trainer. But I'm hungry for this challenge...

Sorry for this long post, I feel sort of lost!
    Last edited by maeva27; 05-23-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Mom of two boys.

Competed for the first time in 2019.
    Managed to voluntarily put on 22 pounds during off season, ready to bring an updated version to the stage when shows start happening again!

TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Coming from someone who is NOT a coach and NOT a professional, it seems like you've obviously learned a few things from your previous coach. You know your body better than anyone. If you think you can make it happen, I'd say go for it. I'm sure the bloat will go down once you get back into a routine.

For the record, anyone who does bodybuilding/bikini/figure etc has to be at least a little crazy to submit ourselves to the extremes that we do .

maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000) maeva27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TrainBeastMode View Post
    Coming from someone who is NOT a coach and NOT a professional, it seems like you've obviously learned a few things from your previous coach. You know your body better than anyone. If you think you can make it happen, I'd say go for it. I'm sure the bloat will go down once you get back into a routine.

For the record, anyone who does bodybuilding/bikini/figure etc has to be at least a little crazy to submit ourselves to the extremes that we do .
    Yeah this is how I think to, I know what works for me and I will not go and do 3 hours of cardio if I see that I'm not ready, or get my calories to 1000... I just want to see if I can make it happen on my own. Given it's the same show, federation even staff & location I feel more comfortable. If I'm not ready I will not compete.

What we did for peak week worked well (IMO) so this is something I can just copy while paying attention to own my body responds this time around.

And you're right about us all being a little crazy! Thanks for your reply!
    Mom of two boys.

Managed to voluntarily put on 22 pounds during off season, ready to bring an updated version to the stage when shows start happening again!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your plan will work fine and your body will adjust to your new carb intake. Cardio looks good and weights 5x a week is plenty.

Good luck!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Nutrition Coach/Trainer:
    http://www.iron-kim.com

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Your plan will work fine and your body will adjust to your new carb intake. Cardio looks good and weights 5x a week is plenty.

Good luck!
    Thanks so much! I really, really want to do this. Let's see if I can make it work.
    I was hoping you'd reply!
    Mom of two boys.