zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10)

my left shoulder

Hello All,

First post. I tried looking for a section for injuries and did not find it. If this thread is in the wrong place, mods please move.

So a down n dirty intro: I am 39 years old male, been lifting weights-bodybuilding for about 15 yrs. 6'0 tall 210-235lb fairly lean.

about 6 months ago I went to the gym like any other day. Didnt feel any different. But when I tried to do a chest press, no go. It hurt to press. Front of my shoulder, close to where my chest connects. So since I didnt recall any previous injury or pain, I decided probably fatigue and give it a week off. Well ladies and gents its been 6 months and still no go. I have a almost constant dull pain in my shoulder during the day. My ROM is almost 100% lateral-vertical raising of my arm etc. Behind the back is where I will feel some pain. For the first few months I just toughed it out, rested my upper body and hope it would heal up. Then I stopped being stubborn and made a appointment with my health care, but earliest I can get is June 14th.

Anyways if I press in with my fingers, into the shoulder. I can find several "tender" spots. On the upper front part of my shoulder, and almost in the area where I think my bicep meets my shoulder. The pain during the day is not bad per say, just always aware that its there, but If im sitting in a chair for long period, then it gets little worse. Night time is not to bad at all, I lay on my back or right side. Any info on what this could be, would be amazing. Ive been crazy depressed these past 6months not lifting. I do legs still though.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are 2 big problems with injuries and internet posts. Firstly I'm not medically qualified and 99.9% of others here aren't docs or physical therapists either. Secondly, even if we were qualified, how could we examine you?

What works better is if you get diagnosed by a qualified person, then start the correct treatment.

Once you're diagnosed come back again and see if others have had the same issue and have any advice on how they handled it. Most likely several people here will have had the same issue at some time, and we all want you to get better because we've all had injuries at some point.

Go and see a doctor or physical therapist. Get well soon!

sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sam212 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zx2man View Post
    Hello All,

First post. I tried looking for a section for injuries and did not find it. If this thread is in the wrong place, mods please move.

So a down n dirty intro: I am 39 years old male, been lifting weights-bodybuilding for about 15 yrs. 6'0 tall 210-235lb fairly lean.

about 6 months ago I went to the gym like any other day. Didnt feel any different. But when I tried to do a chest press, no go. It hurt to press. Front of my shoulder, close to where my chest connects. So since I didnt recall any previous injury or pain, I decided probably fatigue and give it a week off. Well ladies and gents its been 6 months and still no go. I have a almost constant dull pain in my shoulder during the day. My ROM is almost 100% lateral-vertical raising of my arm etc. Behind the back is where I will feel some pain. For the first few months I just toughed it out, rested my upper body and hope it would heal up. Then I stopped being stubborn and made a appointment with my health care, but earliest I can get is June 14th.

Anyways if I press in with my fingers, into the shoulder. I can find several "tender" spots. On the upper front part of my shoulder, and almost in the area where I think my bicep meets my shoulder. The pain during the day is not bad per say, just always aware that its there, but If im sitting in a chair for long period, then it gets little worse. Night time is not to bad at all, I lay on my back or right side. Any info on what this could be, would be amazing. Ive been crazy depressed these past 6months not lifting. I do legs still though.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
    You need to see an orthopedic surgeon.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sam212 View Post
    You need to see an orthopedic surgeon.
    So... you examined the patient, gave a qualified diagnosis and have made a referral to an orthopedic surgeon?

My point is that it could be something requiring surgical intervention, but it might just require physical therapy, or it could be a trapped nerve, it could be this, or that, or a million other quite different things. That's why OP needs an appointment to see a doctor or physical therapist (to be physically examined) for an initial assessment and see where it goes from there. Fingers crossed... Let's hope the surgeon won't be needed.

The one thing we do know,l - ignoring it and putting off seeing someone isn't working

zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10) zx2man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree 100% that I need to see a healthcare professional. I mentioned in my initial thread that I made an appointment with my healthcare and it’s scheduled for the 14th of June.

I was just hoping someone could chime in on their experiences if they had something similar.
    Also forgot to mention that at times I would have slight tingling down bottom of my arm to my pinky and ring finger. Once again I got almost full ROM with only maybe a slight pain if I raise my arm way up then lower it slowly to notice anything. It’s subtle. I can lift stuff fine but I don’t attempt just to be safe. For a week I actually worked around it, doing back, biceps,triceps. That went well, but if I tried to bench press with just the 45lb bar, it would be discomfort. More reps more pain. Chest flys too.
    I had some painful popping in my shoulder for few months but it’s 90% gone now. I’m just resting, with heat applied, no ice. Just do legs. Till my appointment.

Update. Ever so sloooowly, my shoulder “seems” to get better pain wise and maybe range of motion without pain. One thing of note, is my traps/neck on the left side are lot more tender vs my right. I’m curious if that is due to my actual shoulder pain. Some connection of nerves of some sort. Or heck maybe the origin is the neck/spine and it’s making my shoulder hurt. I don’t know.

If raise my arm straight out to my side 90 degree angle and hold it, there is some pain there for sure, but am able to hold it there for quite some time.

Also I’ve gotten fatter in these past few months, due to be depression. Not lifting is just destroying me. Should I clean up my diet and cut slowly and even if I lose muscle say fu*k it, better being skinny cut that big fat lol, and pray that thing muscle memory returns.

star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star wars geek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar thing occur, and I can say the quicker you see a dr the better.
    I used a ton of cortisone to dull the pain and kept lifting. Eventually even the cortisone wasn't working.

It turned out to be that I had a torn biceps tendon AND a torn rotator cuff. I just had surgery 3 months ago and am just now starting to lift again.

Good luck.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Update. Ever so sloooowly, my shoulder “seems” to get better pain wise and maybe range of motion without pain. One thing of note, is my traps/neck on the left side are lot more tender vs my right. I’m curious if that is due to my actual shoulder pain. Some connection of nerves of some sort. Or heck maybe the origin is the neck/spine and it’s making my shoulder hurt. I don’t know.

If raise my arm straight out to my side 90 degree angle and hold it, there is some pain there for sure, but am able to hold it there for quite some time.

Also I’ve gotten fatter in these past few months, due to be depression. Not lifting is just destroying me. Should I clean up my diet and cut slowly and even if I lose muscle say fu*k it, better being skinny cut that big fat lol, and pray that thing muscle memory returns.
    Good call not seeking professional help!

I mean....what's the worst that could happen, right?

Ever seen anyone wit a frozen shoulder? I had one, it brought me to tears, and I have an extremely high tolerance to pain.

Don't be an idiot, go to the doc.

well roger that bro. Like I stated multiple times in this thread, I have an appointment on the 14th of June. Im a disabled veteran and my only health care is through the VA. the soonest I could be seen was the 14th. However I will claim the retard trophy for not seeking help at first. I was being stubborn and waited too long. Oh well, live and learn. range of motion is getting better, but still not very strong in the left arm, I avoid picking things up that involve raising my elbow, or if I stick my arm out sideways and hold it, there is some discomfort.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well roger that bro. Like I stated multiple times in this thread, I have an appointment on the 14th of June. Im a disabled veteran and my only health care is through the VA. the soonest I could be seen was the 14th. However I will claim the retard trophy for not seeking help at first. I was being stubborn and waited too long. Oh well, live and learn. range of motion is getting better, but still not very strong in the left arm, I avoid picking things up that involve raising my elbow, or if I stick my arm out sideways and hold it, there is some discomfort.
    Good luck on the doc appt, and thank-you for your service!