pb710 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rate my novice lifting routine?

Trying out a full body routine as I have lots of time to workout in the summer with school ending (20M), and I am looking to gain as much strength as possible.

Weight:180lbs, plan on eating 2100-2200 cals which is maintenance for me a day

Squat: 285
    Deadlift: 295
    Bench: 210
    OHP: 135

Workout A

Squat 3/5×4-6
    Pause Bench 3/5×4-6
    Pendlay Row 3/5×4-6
    Overhead Barbell Extension 3×6-10
    Barbell/Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3×6-10
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift2-3×6-10
    Weighted Plank 3×30-60s

Workout B

Squat 3/5×4-6
    Paused Overhead Press 3/5×4-6
    Trap-Bar Deadlift 2×4-6
    Close-Grip Bench Press 3×6-8
    Weighted Chin-up 3×3-5
    Weighted Plank 3×30-60s

The routine is MWF and follows the order of A,B,A,OFF,OFF,B,A,B,OFF,OFF.....

I really like this because it has more volume than a SS or an SL 5x5, and still has linear progression as a priority

The routine is Alpha Destiny Novice Program

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why do squats and trap bar deadlifts in the same workout?

Whats the point of a paused overhead press other than to hurt your shoulders? Unless you are properly racking it on your shoulders, which I doubt. And if you are - whats the point of pausing even then?

pb710 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Why do squats and trap bar deadlifts in the same workout?

Whats the point of a paused overhead press other than to hurt your shoulders? Unless you are properly racking it on your shoulders, which I doubt. And if you are - whats the point of pausing even then?
    trap bar workload is only 2 sets, I feel fine

pause ohp is the same point as a pause bench press, learning the movement and explosiveness

n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Novices/early intermediates don't need pause reps. Your whole bench/press are weak enough that you don't need to work on "weak points", as your whole press/bench is weak and you need to train the whole motion. I would also just do the deadlift instead of trap bar deadlift. Trap bar deadlift turns the movement into way more quad dominant and has a lot less carryover. It is a lot easier and is meant more for performance in athletes rather than bodybuilding. So, if your goal is sports performance (like basketball/football), then the trap bar deadlift would be a better choice. Also, would do rdl instead of stiff leg deadlift. Give it a run and see where you turn up.
    Ignore List

GregStren90
    health4life24
    LukeEverhart
    jeremybra

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pb710 View Post
    trap bar workload is only 2 sets, I feel fine

pause ohp is the same point as a pause bench press, learning the movement and explosiveness
    Missing the point on doing two quad exercises and not working your lowerback.

Also missing the point on the OHP as well.

Why ask for advice if all you are going to do is argue?

There is a reason why nobody does paused OHPs, since you wont listen to me your rotator cuffs will have a say soon enough.