Thread: Back is lacking

thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Back is lacking

Aight so my back seems to be growing slower than the rest of my body. I have been getting a really good mind muscle connection with my back recently but still. I want to be way bigger. Anyone have any tips or see any spots I am not hitting hard enough? I don't even know all the muscle groups on the back. I target the lats, rear delts and traps but my knowledge on the anatomy of the back is little to none. (I hit the lower back on leg day, I don't leave that out)
    Attached Images
    stupid in the streets daddy in the sheets

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Post your routine.

thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Post your routine.
    I switch it up often, but it usually looks like this.

warm up with pull-ups till I'm feeling loose
    -lat pulldown 5x5
    -straight arm cable pulldowns 5x8-10
    -one arm DB row 5x8
    -rows 5x5
    -back fly 3x10
    -facepull 3x10
    -shrugs 4x10 (I do farmers walks when gym isn't crowded)

then I hit biceps but Im seeing good growth there. I get 3 days rest in-between each back/bi and I eat in a surplus, >150g protein. Am I just being impatient with the growth or do you have any tips. Thanks
    Last edited by thatmanspence; 05-14-2019 at 05:26 PM.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is there a reason you don’t do bent over bb row or pendlay row? That will be your best mass building exercise. Also look in to rack pulls.

How is your deadlift progression going? Genetically some muscle bellies will simply form differently and not how you want them to. Some areas will take more time and training to build up. Such is life.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Is there a reason you don’t do bent over bb row or pendlay row? That will be your best mass building exercise. Also look in to rack pulls.

How is your deadlift progression going? Genetically some muscle bellies will simply form differently and not how you want them to. Some areas will take more time and training to build up. Such is life.
    I will start adding those in. I just didnt feel the contraction burn as much when I first started lifting and my form was meh and eventually I just forgot about the exercise because I did not like it. Imma give it another go, thanks man

ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000) ADunn0MOTW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your erectors will get bigger from doing BB rows, squats and DL but in my opinion DL are second to none for putting overall size on your back
    Drink up boyo

Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You need more compound movements. Take out that 5x5 lat pulldown as your first lift. Start off with using your energy on compound then move into isolations.

X2 on pendlay, deadlift, and bent bb row.

bearmode99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Deadlift, any barbell row variation, and chinups (or lat pull down if you are bad at chins)