Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man bad regulator/rectifiers chewed through 3 batteries in a year smh. First battery I just thought it went bad (last summer). In February I took it to dealer who said I needed a new stator and battery. Had them both replaced. Also ordered an aftermarket regulator at same time which dealer tested and said was ok (original regulator was bad). All was good till battery started over charging last month. Back to dealer, regulator was shot and also fried the battery. Getting an OEM regulator which I'll install myself and ordered another new battery. Hopefully this finally nips these issues in the bud. it was suppose to be a quality after market regulator but sphhh only lasted 5 months.
    •Black Guy Crew •Christian Crew •Sportbike Crew •Occasionally Alone Crew •UMD Terp Alumni Crew •No Supps Crew •Keeps Shirt On In Avi Crew •Georgia Tech Alumni Crew

Bench/255 Deadlift/415 Squat/360 Pullups/23 Mile/6.13
    1030 total @ 158bw. mirin

kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by QisGQ View Post
    Man bad regulator/rectifiers chewed through 3 batteries in a year smh. First battery I just thought it went bad (last summer). In February I took it to dealer who said I needed a new stator and battery. Had them both replaced. Also ordered an aftermarket regulator at same time which dealer tested and said was ok (original regulator was bad). All was good till battery started over charging last month. Back to dealer, regulator was shot and also fried the battery. Getting an OEM regulator which I'll install myself and ordered another new battery. Hopefully this finally nips these issues in the bud. it was suppose to be a quality after market regulator but sphhh only lasted 5 months.
    ok hurry up
    RIP KD brahs

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I constantly felt I was having issues with my 1000rr with that. I had the bike for 4 years and went through 3 sets. Last one burned up 2 batteries and ended up frying my ECU.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Registered User cullenmichael34's Avatar
    cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000) cullenmichael34 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just ordered a 2-into-1 exhaust today for my XS650 cafe project. Gonna be so boomer sick its not even funny when I get that thing done.

Question for the squids: is the SV650 the GOAT in-town cheap to buy and own bike? I don't love love mine but I'm having a hard time finding a replacement that is somewhat sport or standard riding position that is both aesthetic and also reliable/cheap to own

pic:

QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000) QisGQ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Finally fixed. Took almost 2 weeks for the dealer to get a new rectifier in. Plan was to have a friend take me their with tools, new battery; and change it in the parking lot since dealer wanted $270 for labor on that and a new battery install, wut?? LOL. I was shocked that they left many pieces unbolted and unconnected since it was "diagnostic only". I was confused and upset they would not put it back to the condition I gave it to them. They had some complicated spill on why they left stuff apart for liability reasons (idk sounds like something from a lawyer). Had to take gas tank off (in the parking lot!) just to reconnect a wire and put an airbox bolt in, smh why would they not put these back.... Anyways finally back riding after about a 3 week hiatus. Feels glories.
    •Black Guy Crew •Christian Crew •Sportbike Crew •Occasionally Alone Crew •UMD Terp Alumni Crew •No Supps Crew •Keeps Shirt On In Avi Crew •Georgia Tech Alumni Crew

WHY IS IT A GHOST TOWN HERE?
    Ordered this black Friday, shipping from Europe, crossing fingers jacket fits. Ordered from Motorcard, they had great prices.

Dag, thread died real bad. Hope everyone is keeping rubber side down!
    Was watching some Isle of Man races from this year, was nuts per usual!

plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hope all the KD bros of the past are doing as well as possible. Misc looks basically dead from what it used to be and it seems they killed off this thread when they switched it to the sub forum. Two years have gone by and it's still on the same page being held down by QisGQ.

I've been out of the motorcycle game for a few years now but I had been getting the itch to work on something like in the past so picked up a few bikes. I had always loved the 05/06 gsxr 1000's and wanted to get my hands on one. Found this one that's been sitting for a bit and did all the general maintenance and freshened everything up. Had a year tire from 2008 still on it. Probably the first time I used my tire changer in 6 years.

The used market seems so outrageous which is also in part I haven't been buying anything to fix up. Motorcycles I used to buy for $3000-$3500 are now listed at $7-9k and still need work. Not sure what it's like for anyone else that has been watching out for deals but they are few and far between now it appears.

Registered User higginsworks4me's Avatar
    higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Man bad regulator/rectifiers chewed through 3 batteries in a year smh.
    Mine died before lunch at a track 8 hours from home. It caused enough stuff to get fried that it cost me $1k in the shop. And it was something that had a factory recall years ago that I never bothered to do. Lol @ me.
    Quads for the broads

Registered User higginsworks4me's Avatar
    higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cullenmichael34 View Post
    Question for the squids: is the SV650 the GOAT in-town cheap to buy and own bike?
    A lot of people like the Yamaha 750 thing, and there's also the Ducati Scrambler that has at least two motor sizes now.
    Quads for the broads

Originally Posted by higginsworks4me View Post
    Mine died before lunch at a track 8 hours from home. It caused enough stuff to get fried that it cost me $1k in the shop. And it was something that had a factory recall years ago that I never bothered to do. Lol @ me.
    The 09-12 years were known to have issues (mine is an 11). Doesn't even seem like the recall resolved all of them. Mine had the recall done and still went bad. After going to dealer twice, I probably paid $1k too, smh. Stick to the OEM rectifiers.

Thankfully that's the only real expensive fix I had to ever do on any bike I've own. Although this winter I plan to get the valves serviced.

plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) plsbh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cmwmelb View Post
    I was looking at buying a Ducati V4 s but I wasn't sure if I should get the street fighter which is better on the wrists and back. Anyone here ridden both? I love the sports bikes but getting old haha
    I have not had a ducati in a few years and haven't kept up with the newer ones at all. I've grown to like the more standard / street-fighters in the last few years. If it was 100% a street bike and I couldn't get on both to test ride first I'd maybe go the street fighter myself.