hockey2392 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking questions

So I have been stuck on 170 lbs for about a month now even though I am eating between 3500-4000 calories as well as my strength has been consistent for the last month or so as well. Do you think it would be a good idea to continue bulking or start cutting since I've reached a plateau of some sort? I have put on a good deal of strength and size before March hit, so I am wondering if it's time to start focusing on fat loss.

Stats
    170lbs (Up 20 pounds since early October)
    13% body fat
    5'7

Strength
    Bench: (215 x 5)
    Squat: (265 x 10)
    Deadlift: (405 x 5)

Kriel24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hockey2392 View Post
    So I have been stuck on 170 lbs for about a month now even though I am eating between 3500-4000 calories as well as my strength has been consistent for the last month or so as well. Do you think it would be a good idea to continue bulking or start cutting since I've reached a plateau of some sort? I have put on a good deal of strength and size before March hit, so I am wondering if it's time to start focusing on fat loss.

Stats
    170lbs (Up 20 pounds since early October)
    13% body fat
    5'7

Strength
    Bench: (215 x 5)
    Squat: (265 x 10)
    Deadlift: (405 x 5)
    I don't think you should start cutting just because you've reached a plateau in weight, you're still pretty lean so if i were you i'd keep bulking and if your weight continues to stay the same then you'd have to eat more, and see how that goes. Keep in mind that when you start weighing more, you need to eat slightly more than you did when you were lighter so your metabolism may be slightly higher due to your gains. So pretty much, if i were you i'd just increase calories by 200-300 and see how that goes.

Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rexotein is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No such thing as plateauing in weight. You’re either not eating enough, eating your maintainence or you’re burning more calories than you think where it just evens out to maintainence. Either way, you’re not eating enough.

BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just eat more. A lot more. By the looks of your photo you don't have much body fat to be concerned about!
    Instagram: Blinktwicealoush
    In it for the long haul.

hockey2392 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies guys! I think it should also be a bit easier to maintain a calorie surplus especially since I won't have to adjust my intake further due to walking all over my campus. I'm just gonna keep bulking up this summer now.