bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50) bekwins will become famous soon enough. (+50)

21% bf, should I bulk or cut now?

Hey gals!

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm trying to figure out exactly whers to go in my journey now. I've struggled with anorexia for a large part of my life, and for the last 6-9 months I've been recovered (recovering) and working out hard and eating at a large surplus compared to what I had been. I really just want that beautiful bubble butt and a nice defined tummy along with everything else just looking shapely and fab. It's only been in the last 2-3 months that I've been hitting the gym 5-6 times per week. With a split of Glutes/Back + Arms/Glutes/Arms + Chest/Glutes/Cardio + Abs. I finally got my hands on a measuring tape and have determined I'm at 20/21% bf. My goal is for over all lean muscle mass, continue to grow my glutes and am not sure if I should be eating at a defecit or a surplus. Or rather, at 21% should I be bulking or cutting? I feel like maybe I could still have some fat to shed. I currently eat around 1,800 a day (though I try not to count too much as this is a bit of a rabbit hole for me). Please help me! I feel rather clueless at this point. The only thing I tend to keep my eye on is protein to make sure I'm getting enough. I've tried to upload some pictures but my post count is 0 haha 😅

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's your height/weight? Any cut or weight loss period should be approved and closely monitored by a medical professional. This does not sound like ED recovery to me.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fontyyy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    What's your height/weight? Any cut or weight loss period should be approved and closely monitored by a medical professional. This does not sound like ED recovery to me.
    It's all in her bodyspace;

Before (5'3" 83lb)
    https://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/pr...26e2-610xh.jpg

Now (5'3" 130lb)
    https://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/pr...6a47-610xh.jpg

bekwins has done an amazing job so far, eating disorders are horrible things and most knowledgeable in the field would say there is no such thing as ED recovery.
    To manage to gain 40+lb and find the courage to post pictures of her before and after is truely remarkable and a testament to how far she's come.
    I couldn't wait for success so I went ahead without it

Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Silencespeaks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You look great in your current pic but your old/anorexic pic is terrifying. With your ED/OCD history I don’t think you should get into bulking/cutting or be strict with counting calories. Just eat reasonably and maintain around your current weight.

You look great at this bodyfat level so you’ll be fine just maintaining. Just lift on a reasonable schedule but don’t go overboard with that either. Your main priority should be your mental health and not being obsessive over either food or lifting.

gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10) gottabelieve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd actually recommend just staying the course that you're on for a bit longer as you haven't been regularly lifting for all that long. I know that most people are motivated by a bulk or cut goal - but I'd advise just taking the time to follow a program, set some strength and performance goals, learn how your body responds, and enjoy the process. And just my two cents - excellent progress thus far and you look fantastic!

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bekwins View Post
    Hey gals!

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I'm trying to figure out exactly whers to go in my journey now. I've struggled with anorexia for a large part of my life, and for the last 6-9 months I've been recovered (recovering) and working out hard and eating at a large surplus compared to what I had been. I really just want that beautiful bubble butt and a nice defined tummy along with everything else just looking shapely and fab. It's only been in the last 2-3 months that I've been hitting the gym 5-6 times per week. With a split of Glutes/Back + Arms/Glutes/Arms + Chest/Glutes/Cardio + Abs. I finally got my hands on a measuring tape and have determined I'm at 20/21% bf. My goal is for over all lean muscle mass, continue to grow my glutes and am not sure if I should be eating at a defecit or a surplus. Or rather, at 21% should I be bulking or cutting? I feel like maybe I could still have some fat to shed. I currently eat around 1,800 a day (though I try not to count too much as this is a bit of a rabbit hole for me). Please help me! I feel rather clueless at this point. The only thing I tend to keep my eye on is protein to make sure I'm getting enough. I've tried to upload some pictures but my post count is 0 haha 😅
    I agree with the others who say to stay on your current course for the time being. Its not just because of your ED history, but that is a very important consideration. Your body can recomp while staying at the same or near same weight. Typically, it’s beginners or those coming back to weight training after a long gap. I’ve seen articles that say a that a beginner can recompose their body (body fat and lean muscle) for year, more or less with serious training? I think it depends of your natural genetic potential....like an equilibrium. Competitive body builders would bulk and cut to get to a competitive physique. Eventually, you won’t be able to make any more gains without bulking or cut fat without cutting, but you are not there yet. You can still recompose without changing your weight. By the time, hopefully you will be further into your recovery and will know your next goals.