CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Last 10-20% of a pull up?

My brother and I are the same height (5'5) and we have recently added pull ups to our workout and have noticed a difference in strength. Hes a bit heavier than I at 205 lbs (im 170) and we can do the movement the same reps if you take out that last 10-20%. For example I get my neck to the bar where he can only get about eye/forehead level. Is this simply due to the extra weight on him or do you think its due to a lesser developed body part? Our lat pull downs are pretty much the same with him usually being able to do a rep or 2 more than me.

Im sort of perplexed by the difference as that 35 lbs I wouldnt think would make that big of a difference. The only area I really outshine him is forearm strength which I didnt think plays that big of a role in pull ups however I could see it from a mechanical stand point.
    Go hard or go home

CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rabbitjb View Post
    Do a pull up with 35lbs chained to you and report back
    Do you have any idea how stupid I feel not having thought it this?
    Go hard or go home

Do a pull up with 35lbs chained to you and report back
    Alright I just did 5 with a 20lb dumbbell between my feet and 2 gallons of water strapped to my belt (a gallon of water is 8lbs according to my scale if anyone was wondering lol). Which is 5 more proper pull ups than he can do so whats the difference?
    Go hard or go home

And you got full ROM, never having done a weighted pull up before?

Sceptical
    Ive done weighted pull ups before I just dont do them normally and I dont do pull ups at all in the winter (I live in NY and add pull ups closer to summer). This is my first year training with my brother he lived in Rochester and I lived in Buffalo for years. I will say I cant go bar to chest with 35 lbs more than once but I can get my neck to the bar.
    Go hard or go home

Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hass008 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CJJ View Post
    Ive done weighted pull ups before I just dont do them normally and I dont do pull ups at all in the winter (I live in NY and add pull ups closer to summer). This is my first year training with my brother he lived in Rochester and I lived in Buffalo for years. I will say I cant go bar to chest with 35 lbs more than once but I can get my neck to the bar.
    So are you saying Buffalo is better than Rochester?