Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lat saw from Rouge

Anyone use the lat saw from rouge?
    An interesting concept using soft cable handles.
    The saw lat bar has notches every inch on the bar to put the handles in so you can use it wide to narrow grip.
    With the soft handles you can move them in the most ideal position for yourself and rotate as you pull if you want.
    I like this idea but i don't like the price at $144 dollars plus shipping it's expensive.
    Does anyone have this?
    I am going to try and make a similar bar with an old solid straight lat bar and grind notches in it like the lat saw and use the soft spud cable handles i have.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Spud Inc. version of the Lat Saw and don't like it at all, the metal rings that hook onto the grooves of the saw makes the straps that you put your hands in lower killing the range of motion you get on it and I find that it bangs into the upper pulley very easily, there's really no decent stretch with it at all and I found that the sharp end of the bottom of the saw would have the tendency to bang into the upper chest too.

On paper the variety of grooves looks like it would be nice for an all purpose attachment, but the Lat Saw just doesn't deliver, I wouldn't recommend it.

Edit: I just checked and realized Rogue sells the Spud Lat Saw which is the same, the only difference is that they added the steel insert handle straps whereas before they had included just the soft straps with no rubber grip steel insert handles and the price went up insanely considering it wasn't even worth it when I got it at $99 shipped at the time through Spud's site.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 04-28-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had the Prime short and long Rot-8 bars which are the same thing. Hated them - no stretch, starts way too low.
    Garage Gym Owner

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    I have the Spud Inc. version of the Lat Saw and don't like it at all, the metal rings that hook onto the grooves of the saw makes the straps that you put your hands in lower killing the range of motion you get on it and I find that it bangs into the upper pulley very easily, there's really no decent stretch with it at all and I found that the sharp end of the bottom of the saw would have the tendency to bang into the upper chest too.

On paper the variety of grooves looks like it would be nice for an all purpose attachment, but the Lat Saw just doesn't deliver, I wouldn't recommend it.

Edit: I just checked and realized Rogue sells the Spud Lat Saw which is the same, the only difference is that they added the steel insert handle straps whereas before they had included just the soft straps with no rubber grip steel insert handles and the price went up insanely considering it wasn't even worth it when I got it at $99 shipped at the time through Spud's site.
    Same experience. Cool concept, well built in terms of... that thing isn't falling apart any time soon... but from an actual practical application stance, it leaves a lot to be desired. I used it for back workouts for a month or so before I just gave up and it spent the majority of its time on my wall. It got used for straight arm pulldowns and a few other things like that. Sold it and told the guy my experience, he was gonna try to make it work.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I look at it and think it could work but without being able to use one first i wouldn't buy it.
    I do have spud handles and an old solid lat PD bar that i may grind notches into so the spud rings on the handle fit in those notches so it would be similar to the lat saw.
    So the spud handles would not be long like with the strap attachments on them.
    I like the fact you can rotate hands into the ideal position when doing pull downs.
    Would it be to unstable to use like this?
    Thoughts?

Yep messed with my version and it's not all that great.
    It was worth a try though and i didn't drop $144 + shipping.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Yep messed with my version and it's not all that great.
    It was worth a try though and i didn't drop $144 + shipping.
    That's good to hear, I been trying to flip my lat saw for like half the price just to save space from it and it's a hard sell.