Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Weights hit the top when i try to do cable crunches

I tried to do cable crunches for the first time today, however when i'm on the floor and do the crunch, the weights hit the top of the machine before i can make a full crunch.

Did anyone else experience this? Does this mean the cable machine in my gym just isn't suitable for cable crunches or should i try standing on the other side next time? I do know not all areas are exactly the same. I can try them at this side of the machine next time with the arrow.

Cobra Kai never dies!

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Try different cables and also try facing the machine. That said you may be better off just doing them standing instead of kneeling if space is an issue.

xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xrayoki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You need a cable machine with adjustable height. One thing you can do is get a situp bench and do sit ups while holding a plate for weighted resistance ab training. I actually like them better because you can do them at a decline. Once you work your way up to maximum decline with a 45 pound plate for 3 sets of 15, your abs will be pretty damn big I promise you that lol. Just make sure to hit obliques, I do oblique twists with cables.
    If someone knows how to do crunches with that cable machine, kudos on them!

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xrayoki View Post
    You need a cable machine with adjustable height. One thing you can do is get a situp bench and do sit ups while holding a plate for weighted resistance ab training. I actually like them better because you can do them at a decline. Once you work your way up to maximum decline with a 45 pound plate for 3 sets of 15, your abs will be pretty damn big I promise you that lol. Just make sure to hit obliques, I do oblique twists with cables.
    If someone knows how to do crunches with that cable machine, kudos on them!
    Unfortunately the cable machine in my gym doesn't adjust heights but i'll try the weighted sit ups as well. Thanks!
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get a chain and some caribieners to lengthen the cable and do your crunches kneeling so you don't top out.
    You could use a rope handle or long strap handle with hand loops.