Thread: uneven pecs

Skinnyfatdude2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

uneven pecs

I think I have uneven pecs. When I bench press I'm mostly activating my right pec. I tried to do push ups just to feel if i can activate them both as much but I'm still mostly activating my right pec. So i wonder if it is my right pec that is weaker or the other way. and i don't think it's my form as my friend that has lifting experience watched me and it looked fine. and as you probably can guess im new to lifting. Should i continue bb pressing or switch to db press? as a side note I have the exact same problem with my left tricep as I only activate my right triceps when doing pushdowns.

Vilboulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think that db pressing would probably be a good idea. I sound’s like your right side is definitely stronger than your left so you’re subconsciously putting more of the weight on it which is pretty common (I used to do this a lot too). What you’d need to do is start with the weight most comfortable for your left and use that for both sides. As for your tricep, there are several good db exercises that you could do; what I like to do is lie down, have the dumbbell rest right above my shoulder, then push through my tricep until my arm is fully extended, then coming slowly back down. You need to make sure that that you do it slowly and be careful when coming back down so that the db won’t land on your shoulder/face, so start with a light weight to get the motion down.

Originally Posted by Vilboulder View Post
    I think that db pressing would probably be a good idea. I sound’s like your right side is definitely stronger than your left so you’re subconsciously putting more of the weight on it which is pretty common (I used to do this a lot too). What you’d need to do is start with the weight most comfortable for your left and use that for both sides. As for your tricep, there are several good db exercises that you could do; what I like to do is lie down, have the dumbbell rest right above my shoulder, then push through my tricep until my arm is fully extended, then coming slowly back down. You need to make sure that that you do it slowly and be careful when coming back down so that the db won’t land on your shoulder/face, so start with a light weight to get the motion down.
    thank you! I'll try that and hopefully it evens out after some time

jacobb69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey so i don't really know how this whole forum thing works but I've had a problem with my pecs as well if someone can pls help. so it's been a recent problem but the muscle in my chest is coming in pretty badly imo. Its as if the middle of my chest is as skinny as can be, but the muscle is only coming in on the outsides of my pecs, making it look fatty and pushed to the side. It looks terrible in shirts, and I do not think that its fat because it can be easily flexed and when flexed is almost all firm, but is soft when rested. I am also really skinny everywhere else, I just don't know how to treat this muscle. (im 15 btw, age is wrong on the account).

Originally Posted by jacobb69 View Post
    hey so i don't really know how this whole forum thing works but I've had a problem with my pecs as well if someone can pls help. so it's been a recent problem but the muscle in my chest is coming in pretty badly imo. Its as if the middle of my chest is as skinny as can be, but the muscle is only coming in on the outsides of my pecs, making it look fatty and pushed to the side. It looks terrible in shirts, and I do not think that its fat because it can be easily flexed and when flexed is almost all firm, but is soft when rested. I am also really skinny everywhere else, I just don't know how to treat this muscle. (im 15 btw, age is wrong on the account).
    I'm a beginner aswell but I think this has to do with your muscle insertions and genetics but don't take what i said to serious as it could be all wrong. If you could share a picture some more experienced possibly could help you.