Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Job Interview Tips: How to get an IT, business or project management role

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the threads in the Education/Career/Finance section of Misc and noticed that many members are working 'dead end' jobs. Nothing wrong with this if you're a student or as a temporary stop gap, but eventually you need to ascend to something greater - and I can help you with that.

I want to give back by helping the community get a 'well respected' career in IT, business or project management (or any other professional cooperate career).

I have a university degree in computing, and have worked in various roles from a Computer Technician to a Software Test Engineer. I've been involved in deploying multiple software projects in small and large teams. In addition I have conducted many interviews, as well as passed many interviews myself!

In this thread I will answer any career related question, whether it’s about a training course, interview techniques, or guidance getting closer to the career next step.

Also, occasionally I will post training material directly in this thread. These materials will consist of practical tips and/or videos which you can apply straight away.

MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds good, thanks for doing this.

I'm just getting started by prepping for the Comptia IFT+ exam. I'm enjoying it so far.

Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MLDK View Post
    Sounds good, thanks for doing this.

I'm just getting started by prepping for the Comptia IFT+ exam. I'm enjoying it so far.
    Hi MLDK

That's good, the Comptia IFT+ exam isn't as recognised in the job market. Treat the Comptia IFT+ exam more of a learning experience and continue to enjoy it. Afterwards look for CompTIA A+, N+, CCNA, MCSA etc if youre going down the technician route.

What are your medium and long term goals?

Job Interview Tip 1: How to Answer "What are your strengths?"

Hi, this is my first official interview tip in this thread. Today I am breaking down: "What are your strengths".

Do's:,
    • Pick a strength that is a requirement for the job, simply read through the job description and highlight the crucial requirements and use it as your strength. E.g. if the job requires you to use spreadsheets, your strength can be: "I am very competent in Microsoft Excel, in my last job I built an excel spreadsheet and used complex macros that improved efficiency and productivity in the office". Alternatively, if the job involves managing a team, then your strength can be: "I have an uncanny ability to motivate staff, I do team building exercises every morning to keeps their moral high".
    • Have two or three strengths already rehearsed, so you can rattle off an answer quickly. Make it seem like you've put thought into your answer whilst appearing natural too.

Don’ts:
    • Do not t say anything generic and cliché, like "I work hard", "I work too much" because frankly, it makes you look silly.
    • Do not say personal strengths like "I am good at football or Piano” or "I am a good parent". Because nobody cares about your hobbies, use a real life work related example.
    • Do not say you don’t have a strength. If you say that you'll look silly. Sit down figure out your strengths and make a work related scenario around it.

For those that do not read:

Last edited by Dent1; 04-13-2019 at 06:17 AM.

MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000) MLDK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dent1 View Post
    Hi MLDK

That's good, the Comptia IFT+ exam isn't as recognised in the job market. Treat the Comptia IFT+ exam more of a learning experience and continue to enjoy it. Afterwards look for CompTIA A+, N+, CCNA, MCSA etc if youre going down the technician route.

What are your medium and long term goals?
    That's what I've been planning, so it's reassuring to hear you say that.

By the end of the year I would like to have completed the A+/Network+/Security+ certification stack. I don't work in IT at the moment so for now I'm enjoying learning and seeing which areas in particular interest me.

How to Answer: ""Where do you see yourself in 5 years time"

Good Morning, today I am breaking down the interview question: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years time".

Do's:
    • Demonstrate that you will be loyal to the company and mention your dedication and willingness to stick around through thick and thin. A good answer could be: "I believe in commitment so I see myself working for the same employer, but perhaps climbing the ranks to a more senior position and working on more diverse projects".
    • Stay consistent with your 5 year road map is so it is a logical transition, for example working in an IT helpdesk to a Computer Technician to a Network Engineer. Alternatively, going from a Project Coordinator to Project Manager to a Programme Manager.

Don’ts:
    • Don't mention your intention to leave the company, even if it's only a stop gap job. If you plan to go back to college or university in a few years keep it to yourself because the hiring manager won't take a risk hiring somebody that might leave.
    • Do not say anything threatening, like " in 5 years I want to have your job". Because why would the hiring manager want to bring in somebody who wants to dethrone them.
    • Do not say anything farfetched, if it is a low or mid level position saying you plan to work yourself to 'Director' level sounds silly (Even if that is your goal)

For those that do not read:

I've put together a more comprehensive interview training guide: Download it here.
    Last edited by Dent1; 04-14-2019 at 03:21 AM.

elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just lol if you dont bring your lawyer to every job interview.

Every time they ask me if ive ever stole office supplies, I just look to my lawyer and he answers for me.

Ive never NOT been made a job offer.

He usually hits them with "While I feel that question is outside the scope of this job interview, I can assure you Mr. elTerrible has no theft convictions on his record which you would already know if you bothered to read your HR departments background check. Can we now move on to focusing on why Mr. elTerrible is the right man for this job and discuss is various overqualifications for this position?"

Works every time.

elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Another response that has never let me down.

interviewer: "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

me: "chai tea spiced latte with rice milk only"

Interviewer: "excuse me?"

me: "You'll be making my coffee in 5 years so better remember what I drink. Does this place have a frother?"

never not been made an offer. You want to show confidence at all times.

I am responding to Hockeyfreak13

Click here to see original post

His original message:
    Originally Posted by hockeyfreak13 View Post
    Hi Misc,

Long time browser of the forum. Wanted to know what you guys think. I am currently very unhappy at my job but the money is really good. Work enabled me to buy a house and currently have enough money saved up I can make something else of my life. I managed to save 30k in checking and 40k in RRSP's (Canada). I also have built about 50k in equity in my current home. I live a pretty extravagant lifestyle but I still realize that I spend 40 hours of my week in the same office I hate. I'm 27 and I am thinking about making a career change that will yield me a lot less money. I currently make roughly 130k in commissioned sales and all the jobs I looked at are paying roughly 50-60k. I'm constantly always nervous at my work with hitting sales targets and achieving my budget that keeps growing. They recently took away my sales support and my bonus because the company has not been yielding the same profit and I feel like I am at the expense of it all. I've been working pretty long hours under a lot of stress. I don't know exactly what I want to do but I laid out a few options:

Start at an entry level bank job or finance position:

Pros:

Job stability and positive work environment
    Work closer to home (currently have a 30 minute commute)
    More opportunity for advancement

Cons:

A lot less pay. 50k vs 130k
    Roughly same 8-5 schedule
    Starting over with no seniority

Open my own business in the same field

Pros:
    Chance to make the same amount of money
    Gain independence
    Work in the same industry I am good at

Cons:
    Have to deal with accounting and HST returns every quarter
    Creating a numbered company ($$)
    Having to pay for supplies and possibly very low earnings in the first little bit (0 even)
    Risk of falling on my face and possible legal battles from my previous employer

Staying at the same job

Pros:
    Great money
    Ability to expense my costs since I am considered self employed. (I usually get 10-15k back in taxes)

Cons:
    Rare vacations (I don't like losing them because I lose commissions to my colleagues who are also my competitors)
    Extreme pressure and toxic work environment
    Same thing I've been doing for 6 years

Let me know what you guys think, if I switched jobs I would probably sell my harley davidson. (insurance cost is really high and I barely use it but its nice to have. I have no debt aside from my Mortgage. My monthly expenses resemble this:

-1500$ for mortgage, utilities and taxes
    -1000$ for food
    -2000-3000 in leisure and hobbies

I save currently 20k a year and I keep saying I will do something else with my life but I can never justify the right time.

Thoughts?

Hi Hockeyfreak13,

Congratulations for landing a career where you are earning 130k a year. Not many people can accomplish this, at at the tender age of 27 years old you are in a small minority.

From what I've read, you should hang onto your job. You are complaining about working 40 years per week? This is average.

Continue saving, lower your overheads and expenses and save as much of your income as possible for the 6 months to a year. Meanwhile perfect your resume and refine it, apply for jobs and go to interviews.

Don't look for any job, look for a similar position or a job with a similar commission structure and earning potential. Only apply if you feel that the job is less stressful, and/or has a better work environment and/or closer to home. Now for that compromise you might have to take a slight pay cut. I emphasise on slight because you don't want to move backwards financially (sideways maybe). Because you making 130K, don't accept anything less than 110-120k if the before mentioned compromises is present.

Also you have some good savings, have you considered investing it in rental properties or investing as a partner in an existing business?

-------
    Download My Job Interview Guide: Download My Job Interview Guide
    Last edited by Dent1; 06-03-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Hi guys, I am answering question from Archaic2021 from his thread

Archaic says:

Originally Posted by Archaic2021 View Post
    So recently I left a job as a Service Advisor at a Ford Dealership where I currently live. The place was soul sucking, bad morals, overcharged and greedy techs.

I left and started working for a Contractor running there warehouse. Basic easy job. Keep up with a small Inventory, load and unload trucks, and whatever errands or delivers need to be done. Bad thing is I only make 16 an hour. I am having to work 55-60 hours a week to make ends meet.

I was just offered a job at a dealership I tried to go to for over a year. The bad thing is that it's an hour drive minimum depending on traffic. But it's what I am use too. 4 day a week work weeks, 3500 salary plus commission. 3 day weekend twice a month. Room to advance as well.

Bad thing is I just started this current job 3 weeks ago....trying to decide how to leave without burning a bridge. I do enjoy the work but I have to increase my income to better take care of my family.

Originally Posted by Archaic2021 View Post
    I highly doubt they will match it. I honestly think the boss would be like ok cool thanks for coming out.

My pros and cons list

Current Blue collar job.
    Pros
    5 mins from home
    relaxed place, not dealing with public
    can advance in pay eventually

Cons
    16 bucks an hour having to work 55-60 hours a week to get buy.
    They could cut overtime anytime
    No paid holidays, no vacation time, if it rains and the crews can't go out everyone is sent home...no pay.
    There contract is only for 3 years here..most people in this line of work move and move and move.

New Dealership
    Pros
    Salary plus commission, I know I could make 60k plus a year easy.
    4 day work week.
    Insurance, vacation, paid holidays.
    3 day weekends twice a month.
    I am already familiar with the brand and there system.

Cons
    Dealing with public
    1 1/2 hour drive.

Hi,

Before I get into the actual advice, I want to point out that from your story it seems like you have a problem committing to things. You've only just started this contracting job and you're already talking about giving up? Can't you hold on for a 6 months to a year so you can access the opportunity properly? Or are you going to chop and change and give up your entire life?

Now to answer your question. Your current job has advantages, 5 minutes from home, this means have additional time during the evenings to work on hobbies, interests, or a business. You can also go to bed earlier and wake up earlier too. You are saving money on travel too. This work/life balance alone is worth its weight in gold. I won't mess this up unless the money was significantly better.

On paper the new job opportunity is a lot better, but the travelling aspect seems like a huge red flag. You already have commitment issues, so can you commit to travelling 1.5hrs each way every day, or will you give up in a few months? Also, how much does it cost in fuel to drive that distance. Will running the car leave you with significantly more money than your current job? If the answer is yes, then consider accepting the new job if money outweighs the long commute.

As far as the commute can you move closer to the job? e.g. close enough to eliminate a commute, and will moving closer leave you with significantly more money than your current job? If the answer is yes for both questions then take the new job and move.

As far as burning bridges at your current job, you have to handle it delicately, because they've gone through the effort of interviewing you, selection process, training you. So they are not going to be happy with you leaving. Don't tell your employer that you are leaving for another job, say unforeseen circumstances mean I have to move house etc (if you decide to move closer to the new job then this will be technically true). Ultimately, you need to look out for yourself. Don stay with any company out of loyalty.

-------
    Last edited by Dent1; 06-03-2019 at 04:47 PM.

andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) andy0w is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Honesty doesn't get you far in business.

Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Argules is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by andy0w View Post
    Honesty doesn't get you far in business.
    Totally agree. I had a job interview as a business intelligence consultant, and when the interviewer asked me about my weaknesses, I was honest as fuk and told her I could be dominating during team collaborative work, but that I learned to handle it and be less dominant. This was also one of the last things we talked about before the interview was over.

I'm pretty sure this had a negative effect on her view of me, and eventually I didn't make it past round 1. I learned my lesson - I will never be fully honest during a job interview.
    dad spits at me everytime he enters my room Crew
    mum spits at me everytime im a sleep Crew
    even fat chicks dont like me Crew
    lost my virginity to a donkey Crew
    i didnt fuk it, it fukked me Crew
    waiter crew
    get no tips, cuz too ugly crew
    customers laugh at me when i ask if the food was good crew

lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lockdev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm going to add one that most mid-career people don't even consider, but late-career people almost always consider:

A company frames an interview to see if you're a good fit for the job. You should frame an interview to know if the job is a good fit for you.

Early in our careers, we're often so concerned with finding a job, that we'll take the first thing handed to us. Don't do this if you're mid-career. Listen to that inkling in the back of your mind that says "oh no, not good."
    Misc Entrepreneur Crew

DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000) DoragonKingu is just really nice. (+1000)
    What can I do to get into IT making $30+ dollars an hour?

Originally Posted by cryptobro View Post
    Great thread bro! Would you mind if I DM you some specific job interview questions?
    Sure DM me!

Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    The question is too vague, IT is a huge industry. What area of IT do you want to start with?

Hardware - technician, network special, security?
    Software - Application specialist, business analyst, trainer?
    Software development - programmer, test analyst?
    Management? - IT project manager, product owner?

What area of IT are you talking about...and what skills do you have already? Get more specific otherwise i am shooting in the dark

Originally Posted by Argules View Post
    Totally agree. I had a job interview as a business intelligence consultant, and when the interviewer asked me about my weaknesses, I was honest as fuk and told her I could be dominating during team collaborative work, but that I learned to handle it and be less dominant. This was also one of the last things we talked about before the interview was over.

I'm pretty sure this had a negative effect on her view of me, and eventually I didn't make it past round 1. I learned my lesson - I will never be fully honest during a job interview.

Yeah, big mistake. Team work is important, they don't you alienating the team. They want somebody that is going to build relationships.

Originally Posted by lockdev View Post
    I'm going to add one that most mid-career people don't even consider, but late-career people almost always consider:

A company frames an interview to see if you're a good fit for the job. You should frame an interview to know if the job is a good fit for you.

Early in our careers, we're often so concerned with finding a job, that we'll take the first thing handed to us. Don't do this if you're mid-career. Listen to that inkling in the back of your mind that says "oh no, not good."
    Good advice

-------
    Last edited by Dent1; 07-03-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DoragonKingu View Post
    You could try Upwork platform, and build your experience there.
    Start with small tasks in any IT jobs you find in that platform, and the more you get positive feedback, the more you can increase your price for IT services.

jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are god sent.

I’m trying to get an entry level IT support role. I just finished the Google / Coursera IT certificate.

Any study materials you can recommend to help me prepare for an interview? My main concern is being thrown a technical question and I don’t know the answer.
    "The more I began to lift weights, the more I became addicted to the feeling of being bigger and stronger."

Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yulifair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jordanair45 View Post
    You are god sent.

I’m trying to get an entry level IT support role. I just finished the Google / Coursera IT certificate.

Any study materials you can recommend to help me prepare for an interview? My main concern is being thrown a technical question and I don’t know the answer.
    Yes, I would say check this site openclassrooms.com/en/ you can skip the lessons and get directly to the test, this is to make sure you got everything right.

Now, to prepare an interview, I would also recommend to google the questions types from big companies. Sometimes they ask you tricky questions, and don't expect a clear result because there aren't any, but they are just observing if you are a problem solver or not. Also, the way you handle situation, or the way you think (logical), worth more for them, than your background skills.

Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mongoose_Man is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dent1 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been reading the threads in the Education/Career/Finance section of Misc and noticed that many members are working 'dead end' jobs. Nothing wrong with this if you're a student or as a temporary stop gap, but eventually you need to ascend to something greater - and I can help you with that.

I want to give back by helping the community get a 'well respected' career in IT, business or project management (or any other professional cooperate career).

I have a university degree in computing, and have worked in various roles from a Computer Technician to a Software Test Engineer. I've been involved in deploying multiple software projects in small and large teams. In addition I have conducted many interviews, as well as passed many interviews myself!

In this thread I will answer any career related question, whether it’s about a training course, interview techniques, or guidance getting closer to the career next step.

Also, occasionally I will post training material directly in this thread. These materials will consist of practical tips and/or videos which you can apply straight away.
    I have a prison I need to get out of...

the last 13 years have been sales jobs, currently in real estate. I want out of sales and a stable salary with benefits so bad, but it has been hard to even find anything that pays me at least 60k starting...

I have a BBA (4.0), some MBA work done ( went late in life, at 29years old)
    5 years military experience (Marine)
    Prior law enforecemt
    last 13 years has mostly been sales, high end autos (porsche, lexus, ect),
    was terrritoy sales manager for weapons company for about a year
    Im great at sales and do well... but im losing my hunger and motivation... I want more stability and sanity, plus benefits...

I live in a huge metro area, but still don't see many jobs posted that pay enough I would be qualified for. THey all want crazy experience or certs..

I feel I've pigeon holed myself... and I can't get out of these roles. I love working with people and am a quick learner, but I just can't seem to find one and get my foot in the door.

Any ideas/tips?
    ;-)

Originally Posted by jordanair45 View Post
    You are god sent.

Congratulations on completing your Google Coursera.

Try to get a few months work experience in a support role, even if it is as a volunteer. Because these technical questions need to be backed up with real life examples.

I have put together a Job Interview Training Programme to help people like you succeed in interviews.
    Click here

Originally Posted by Mongoose_Man View Post
    I have a prison I need to get out of...

the last 13 years have been sales jobs, currently in real estate. I want out of sales and a stable salary with benefits so bad, but it has been hard to even find anything that pays me at least 60k starting...

I have a BBA (4.0), some MBA work done ( went late in life, at 29years old)
    5 years military experience (Marine)
    Prior law enforecemt
    last 13 years has mostly been sales, high end autos (porsche, lexus, ect),
    was territory sales manager for weapons company for about a year
    Im great at sales and do well... but im losing my hunger and motivation... I want more stability and sanity, plus benefits...

I live in a huge metro area, but still don't see many jobs posted that pay enough I would be qualified for. They all want crazy experience or certs..

I feel I've pigeon holed myself... and I can't get out of these roles. I love working with people and am a quick learner, but I just can't seem to find one and get my foot in the door.

Any ideas/tips?
    Hi. Sales is your bread and butter so I would stick with that for the mean time.

In the company that you work for is there any opportunities to change jobs internally. As the staff know you and your work ethic they are better suited to take a gamble on you.

Without knowing what industry or profession you are passionate about its hard to advise a career path for you. Any career path I suggest may result in you hating the job. You need to sit down and decide what you want to do career wise and then I can help you make a plan around that.
    Last edited by Dent1; 07-23-2019 at 12:57 AM.