Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    Possibly a stupid question: why is Vikings one of the recommended routines on this site? For squats, Viking calls for 32 reps to be done within 4 sets which is basically 4x8.
    Nothing wrong with 4x8 (although that's not what Vikings is). Vikings also runs legs 3x a week, which this program does not.
    Last edited by gcoulson; 04-10-2019 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000) gcoulson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sitsonCHROME View Post
    Which program do you recommend for a wed/sat/sun schedule?
    The two days next to each other makes programming a little more challenging, particularly if you're thinking of full body.

If you recover well, you can possibly do 3x full body with the expectation that Sunday will not be your best effort. Or you can do a HLM style full body where you do heavy Saturday, Light Sunday and Moderate Wednesday.

Another possibility is to do a Upper/Lower/Full Body split which is not ideal, but may be easier for recovery.

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Go full body Wednesday: some combination of Squats, deadlifts, bench, OHP, bentover rows with minimal accessory work,

Saturday go upper, sunday go lower with more accessory work added to the same compound lifts mentioned above.
    ---Get those Negs ready---

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Shihanlifter View Post
    Sarcasm detectors off the charts
    Well look at the way he steers away from leg exercises, just like a flock of birds evading a predator.

sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Well look at the way he steers away from leg exercises, just like a flock of birds evading a predator.
    Hahaha great analogy! Thats also how I would describe your way of making posts which avoid giving any shred of useful advice.

Its as if saying something that would actually help me is scary to you so instead you give replies that remind me of a flock of birds scattering in every direction.
    "If I fail, and I pray to god that I don't, it will not be because I did not try"

sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50) sitsonCHROME will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do appreciate the helpful replies and will consider an upper/lower/full body split so that I can squat, dead lift and bench 2x a week instead of once.

To everyone else well at least you were mildly entertaining.
    "If I fail, and I pray to god that I don't, it will not be because I did not try"

Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hahaha great analogy! Thats also how I would describe your way of making posts which avoid giving any shred of useful advice.

Its as if saying something that would actually help me is scary to you so instead you give replies that remind me of a flock of birds scattering in every direction.
    It was a useful post though.

"Train legs"

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Actually he is being helpful by recommending you don’t design your own program if you don’t understand basic programming.
    I disagree. If he were willing and able to learn from words on a screen then he wouldn't have made this thread.

So I think he should try it for 12 weeks and then report back. He's young and a novice so won't be able to load it up enough to hurt himself, and going through this process will teach him more than we can with words on a screen.

Go for it, kid. I'd be surprised if you did more than 3 workouts of this. We'll ask in 12 weeks. I expect crickets. As always with young males working out on their own, I am hopeful but not optimistic. Go for it. Show us why we're wrong.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Idunno it was just a joke, I don't really mind either way. I've spent my entire weightlifting career making up routines and they mostly suck.

Progress is what matters.

Originally Posted by Shihanlifter View Post
    It was a useful post though.

"Train legs"
    I'm not sure "train legs" is actually helpful, when you can see there is legs in the routine. Now you can say train more legs, add this leg workout, change this or that. Don't do this program because of this, here is a program that would be better.

Now that would be useful.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    I disagree. If he were willing and able to learn from words on a screen then he wouldn't have made this thread.

So I think he should try it for 12 weeks and then report back. He's young and a novice so won't be able to load it up enough to hurt himself, and going through this process will teach him more than we can with words on a screen.

Go for it, kid. I'd be surprised if you did more than 3 workouts of this. We'll ask in 12 weeks. I expect crickets. As always with young males working out on their own, I am hopeful but not optimistic. Go for it. Show us why we're wrong.
    I've done it for about 2 months and honestly I'm enjoying it. I never said it was good or anyone here is wrong. I posted it to get actual advice of how to improve it and im open to doing an existing proven program. Im just not yet aware of one that makes sense to do on wed/sat/sun. Please link one if you have it.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Idunno it was just a joke, I don't really mind either way. I've spent my entire weightlifting career making up routines and they mostly suck.

Progress is what matters.
    You know what I really like this post so much respect to you. It probably does suck compared to whats out there.

You're right progress rules all.

You know what I really like this post so much respect to you. It probably does suck compared to whats out there.

You're right progress rules all.
    Yes, progression but also safety. Though safety is more about exercises generally and not workout programs. Overtraining could probably count as workout program specific, but that's kind of a myth.