omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Needing to lift 30 more pounds in 2 weeks. Help?

Hey guys, I don't frequent this website and I have never posted, but I got a call earlier today that has pressured me in asking for help from experienced people. I dont know anything about bodybuilding or weight lifting, and I apologize for being so clueless and if I am misusing the forum in some way. But you guys are my best bet.

Anyways, I am 19, 5'1",100lbs, and I am trying to join my state's Air National Guard. So far, I've found the best job to help me pursue my dream career and I have been very excited about getting to boot camp. Getting my paper work done and meeting my future unit has taken place over the course of a couple months, but we finally planned to meet up for my official swear-in in just a couple days. Except my recruiter pulled a cruel one on me, called me this morning and told me he neglected to tell me I MUST be able to lift 80lbs over my head to even get the job. I cannot currently do that. I'm extremely weak, as I can currently do only 45 or 50 lbs, but he negotiated with me that he can wait 2 more weeks or else he has to drop the job.
    This has put tremendous stress on me. Is it even possible for me to lift 30-35 lbs more in just two weeks? If it is possible, can you guys please give me some tips on how I can get there so quickly? How many calories should I start eating, what routine should I start following? I have no clue what to do, so any help is appreciated. I have a gym membership, so whatever you guys can tell me I will do it.
    Thanks.

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's impossible. Sorry. See if you can be granted an exception.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshvicente23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When you say you need to lift it overhead is there any specific requirements? Does it need to be a strict press or can it be more like a push press where you use your legs? If you can strict press 45 pounds you can probably learn to push press 80 in a few weeks but I’m not sure of the exact requirements. I’m also not sure how exactly it works for the national guard but if you haven’t sworn in yet I would take a step back, achieve all the fitness requirements you need, and then go back to that recruiter and tell him you want the same job. If he says no tell him to contact you when there is an opening. I know a few people who have done this and the recruiter almost always calls back a few days later saying that they magically found an opening in that specific MOS.
    5’5” 130
    165 Clean
    185 Bench
    225 Squat
    245 Dead

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with the others. Overhead is hard to increase on in general, is one of the first to stall and many women struggle even after training for a couple of years to lift much overhead. Push press compared to strict press can help. I do that and have gotten to 99 lbs but it has taken years and I weigh more. The previous advice might be your best option or to maybe ask about any other options available or if they can keep you in mind for potential openings.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by omghelpme View Post
    Hey guys, I don't frequent this website and I have never posted, but I got a call earlier today that has pressured me in asking for help from experienced people. I dont know anything about bodybuilding or weight lifting, and I apologize for being so clueless and if I am misusing the forum in some way. But you guys are my best bet.

Anyways, I am 19, 5'1",100lbs, and I am trying to join my state's Air National Guard. So far, I've found the best job to help me pursue my dream career and I have been very excited about getting to boot camp. Getting my paper work done and meeting my future unit has taken place over the course of a couple months, but we finally planned to meet up for my official swear-in in just a couple days. Except my recruiter pulled a cruel one on me, called me this morning and told me he neglected to tell me I MUST be able to lift 80lbs over my head to even get the job. I cannot currently do that. I'm extremely weak, as I can currently do only 45 or 50 lbs, but he negotiated with me that he can wait 2 more weeks or else he has to drop the job.
    This has put tremendous stress on me. Is it even possible for me to lift 30-35 lbs more in just two weeks? If it is possible, can you guys please give me some tips on how I can get there so quickly? How many calories should I start eating, what routine should I start following? I have no clue what to do, so any help is appreciated. I have a gym membership, so whatever you guys can tell me I will do it.
    Thanks.
    Can you double check that you understood him correctly. A lot of my coworkers have been in the National Guard. I’ve heard a lot of talk over the years about meeting the fitness requirements, and they seem to challenge some people for sure. But I’ve never heard that they needed to lift 80 pounds over their head. I hear more about the weight/ body fat requirements or even running requirements. The women (and men) I’ve known in guard do not seem super athletic. There was one coworker who is transgender and there was concern that he would need to meet male requirements even though he had just started his transition and not yet ready for that. But mostly the concerns have been related to body fat and being too heavy. I highly doubt any of them are strong enough to lift the amount of weight you describe. Those who struggled seem to get many extensions AFTER basic. I’m wonder if different states have different requirements. A google search only shows the pull up, running and push-up requirements. Good luck.
    Last edited by PattyU; 04-08-2019 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Removed my employment info becuase privacy

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just searched all around the web, and every source I found seems to list the same requirements for physical capabilities.

They include: 1.5 mile run time, 2.0 mile run time, situps, pushups.

That's it.

I can't seem to find specific standard for air national guard. My info is from Air Force. Anything guard related I found was mostly army, or generic. But it all seemed to mirror what I posted above. I even think this is after basic, not before.

I found this for air guard... https://classroom.synonym.com/air-na...-13583242.html

ALl in all, I can't find anything about lifting anything overhead...
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I’m guessing the requirement is because of a specific job. When I was in the military (good lord, over 3 decades ago), there were a lot of jobs that had some odd specific requirement.

Good news, I’m guessing the lift is on a machine, starting from shoulder height. This will make the lift much easier than a free weight military press from the floor. I don’t want to give you a false sense of hope, but I can easily do 50 more pounds on such a machine.

I’d get with your recruiter and get the exact details of the lift and technique, and hopefully give it a try.

Good luck.
    Can no longer abide the sexism, racism, homophobia, hostility, and Idiotic Trump cult on this site.

omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50) omghelpme will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the honest replies, guys!
    For those who are asking what specific technique I need to do, it's one push press of 80lbs minimum, and I can currently do a strict press of 45lbs.
    And for those who are confused, the 80lbs requirement is for the specific MOS I'm requesting to get, like grubman mentioned above.

Again, thank you for the honest replies. It's a bit disappointing, but I think I will have to hang back to continue working on my physical abilities and just keep in touch with my recruiter for any future opening with that MOS. At least I know now lol.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So....what’s the elusive MOS? Curious now
    Can no longer abide the sexism, racism, homophobia, hostility, and Idiotic Trump cult on this site.

2A3X3 for KC135. Was real excited about it haha

Originally Posted by omghelpme View Post
    2A3X3 for KC135. Was real excited about it haha
    I had a friend who did that back on the 80s. After 4 years in the air force he got a job with a civilian company making $90,000 a year (which these days, would probably be 2 or 3 times that much, starting). Good career choice, apparently.

Honestly, I don’t think a push press of 80 pounds will be that hard, even at your size...you can get down low and mostly use your legs and momentum.

Don’t give up the dream.