Thread: It's Time

BigShooter32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

It's Time

Hello BB,

Long time no see. I use to post in the Keto sections many years ago when I was a younger, healthier, fitter man.

I'm 30 years old from the UK. I've struggled with my weight my entire adult life, which is really quite painful for me because I used to be such an athletic young man. I played semi-professional football as a kid and didn't make it. My early 20s weren't so bad but I started my own business when I was 25 (which requires me to work from home) and that's when things started to go downhill quickly. My business is quite successful so as a result I have a lot of disposable income and it has made me lazy and unwilling to cook. I'm quite addicted to takeaway food and no matter how hard I try I can't seem to overcome this by myself. I've tried therapy, hypnotists, journals, keeping motivational pictures at hand, different kinds of eating plans, everything I can, and I just can't seem to stick with anything. I have been battling with this for years and it's now at the point where I'm sick to my back teeth of fighting it, and I want to live a life where food doesn't rule my world.

I want to make this abundantly clear, my issue isn't not knowing how to go about losing weight, I've done a ton of research, my issue is staying with it for longer than 4 or 5 days at a time!

I went through an unhealthy breakup last year and bettered myself really well. I'm 6 foot 3, and I went from 122kg (my highest ever!) down to 108kg at one point. As the pain of the relationship got easier, my motivation for healthy eating and exercise wained, and I've put some back on. I've weighed in today at 116kg and it's not pleasant, not gonna lie. My ideal goal is around 90kg or so, but of course if I get down to around 95kg and think I'm looking good then I'll be delighted with that. I'm in a healthy/happy relationship now and I want to do this for her, but also for myself as well.

I've been doing a lot of running during lockdown but it's a bit moot if I just binge on pizza and burgers every night! It's quite strange because my fitness levels are pretty good (I used to play football as a kid and have continued at some capacity my entire adult life), but this has got to stop.

So the purpose of this log is to hold myself accountable, and give it my absolute all to stick with it. My life is so good right now, and this is the last thing I need to overcome to achieve eternal happiness (not quite but you get the picture). This log will be great from a motivational standpoint, and will hopefully help me to stick with my nutritional plan (I loathe the term "diet" because it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!), and when things get tough and all I want to do is sit in my dressing gown and eat pizza at 3pm on a Monday, this will help to keep me strong.

So, day 1. Starting weight is 116kg (had a heavy takeaway at 6pm last night (and then ordered a dessert at 3am!!!)), this will include some waterweight etc but it's our starting point.

Let's do this!

PS - if anyone has any suggestions in terms of how to eradicate food cravings from my brain I'm all ears!

pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000) pandaboy89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Listen to voodoo godsmack while you do shoulder raise