Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by illpinoise View Post
    Thanks man hows the bulk going?
    Going good. This is the first time where I’m actually tracking my calories and macros through a bulk. I’m up about 3-4 pounds right now through 6 weeks. I’m enjoying the extra food, and my lifts are going up, but not super quickly. One thing likely holding me back is my sleep schedule hasn’t been very good lately.

Are you originally from the Philippines or the USA?
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

37 yo, Marysville WA illpinoise's Avatar
    illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheUnderdog83 View Post
    Going good. This is the first time where I’m actually tracking my calories and macros through a bulk. I’m up about 3-4 pounds right now through 6 weeks. I’m enjoying the extra food, and my lifts are going up, but not super quickly. One thing likely holding me back is my sleep schedule hasn’t been very good lately.

Are you originally from the Philippines or the USA?
    Born and raised in chicago illinois my man!

Moved to the Philippines 7 years ago, but going back now. Slowly moving our stuff out and selling things before the big move. Going to start cutting "stuff" to fit in with this new nomadic lifestyle.

I hear you about feeling good eating more. Although ive gotten used to cutting its not much of a change tbh eating around maintenance.

update

Gym closed for four days due to national elections. Much needed rest tbh, but getting back on it tomorrow. Went to the mall, cleaned the condo unit, played with the kids, all contributed to my NEAT calories on four off days in a row (i couldve did some sprints or cardio outside, but you know...life lol)

My TDEE last 4 days about 2400 per day
    Ive been consuming anywhere between 2400-2700 cals. Well see how good i recovered on my heavy bench session tomorrow.

illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile One more month then back to the USA

Weighin: 159.8 lbs

Maintaining weight a little easier when you monitor TDEE and everything you eat.

I realized this little lower ab pooch might actually be loose skin (its really soft). Below this loose skin, my veins are showing more.

Just renewed my passport for the big move, and somewhat excited. Of course im thinking about my family, and my overall fitness goals. One thing i know is if i can consistently hit my calorie goals even on rest days (which i mighy have a lot of), i can at least maintain this current level which im pretty happy with.

Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weighin: 159.8 lbs

Maintaining weight a little easier when you monitor TDEE and everything you eat.

I realized this little lower ab pooch might actually be loose skin (its really soft). Below this loose skin, my veins are showing more.

Just renewed my passport for the big move, and somewhat excited. Of course im thinking about my family, and my overall fitness goals. One thing i know is if i can consistently hit my calorie goals even on rest days (which i mighy have a lot of), i can at least maintain this current level which im pretty happy with.
    Awesome progress man

Question What to do about this belly fat?

Weighin: 160.4 lbs

I think im about 11-12% all around and maybe around 17% on my lower belly. I dont want to cut and lose lbm, or bulk and gain some unwanted fat. Maybe its loose skin??

Any advice would be appreciated. Im currently eating around maintenance, upping my intake as needed. I feel even better at the gym since i stopped cutting.

Here are some pics.

What diet and workout programming would anyone recommend here should i follow to lose this jiggly fat?

Currently doing 3x a week full body, 2-3x a week doing HIIT sprints on a track. Eating about maintenance sometimes -200 TDEE sometimes +400 TDEE

Attached Images

Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kiffy200 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weighin: 160.4 lbs

I think im about 11-12% all around and maybe around 17% on my lower belly. I dont want to cut and lose lbm, or bulk and gain some unwanted fat. Maybe its loose skin??

Any advice would be appreciated. Im currently eating around maintenance, upping my intake as needed. I feel even better at the gym since i stopped cutting.

Here are some pics.

What diet and workout programming would anyone recommend here should i follow to lose this jiggly fat?

Currently doing 3x a week full body, 2-3x a week doing HIIT sprints on a track. Eating about maintenance sometimes -200 TDEE sometimes +400 TDEE

First off cracking work I am getting down to the 160's and was 171 this morning so not far to go I am sure someone in the forum knows how best to combat loose skin.

Was 230lb your heaviest?

230 was my heaviest.

I could probably lean out a bit more because of my frame (small), but i got bored of cutting (4 months)

Were the same height but your frame looks medium to large. Youre almost there bro, i was your weight back in march.

230 was my heaviest.

I could probably lean out a bit more because of my frame (small), but i got bored of cutting (4 months)

Were the same height but your frame looks medium to large. Youre almost there bro, i was your weight back in march.
    yeah 242 was my heaviest as well feel insanely better down at this weight like a totally different person, literally changed my life and yeah I would say I got a medium/large frame having spent years in steel and iron foundries literally lifting iron and steel all day long so kinda have a decent base to start. I can't wait to hit the gym end of the month and start bulking

Smile Road Trip = Munchies lol

Weighin = 162 lbs

Not bad lol.

I was on the road with my fam the whole day, I estimated about 4000 calories (TDEE about 2400). 5 Krispy Kremes, cheese puffs, Doritos, pork belly, spinach whey peanut butter protein shake in the morning lol, fried bangus, 2-3 cups of rice, chicken, and some beef tapa. I felt pretty nasty, but life throws you curveballs sometimes.

I mostly ate because I was bored and it kept me awake while driving. Gotta be careful, because my new life in the USA may be like this almost everyday. On the road and no time to workout.

I progressed on my lifts the other day and I'm extremely happy about that. I'm hoping to always be a better version of myself each session. It's really 90% mental/spiritual, but I'm growing more confident everyday. Anyone have any tips on this belly fat? I posted this a couple days ago. Reps!

Smile 2-4 weeks let the countdown begin

Weigh-in: 161.8 lbs

In a little less than a month I'll be back in the good USA. Just trying to get as much gym time as possible before I have to start improvising on the road.

I might've been overeating just a little bit the past couple days (averaging around 750 cals over TDEE). Time to start dialing down again. Good thing I'm monitoring so I know where my weaknesses are when it comes to nutrition.

However, I am gaining some strength again in the gym (adding one rep here and there on my strength and hypertrophy days), and I am happy about that, but I'm really hoping to really gain in my squat/OHP. I'm feeling good in the hole, but at heavier weight I'm still a little shaky. Trying to be more stable on my OHP.

I wouldn't mind eating at this rate to keep up my performance, but my body fat is just too high to be bulking at 500+ cals over TDEE. Slow and steady on this "bulk" or whatever you want to call it. I'm happy with how I look with clothes on / off, although I could lose a little bit of lower belly fat. Had a 500 cal shake, 500 cal big breakfast mcdonalds, about 1000 cal lunch lol (pork ribs and mashed potatoes, couldn't resist). I'm on track to eating about 500 cals over maintenance again today. Hopefully I can control myself a bit tonight.

I know this is a losing fat log, but it's really much more than that

Life Goal: Grow old with wife and kids and still have the clarity of mind, strength and willpower to work at 90+ years (with God's help and mercy of course)
    Yearly Goal: Gain some mass and lose some belly fat
    Monthly Goal: Maintain weight 160-165 lbs month to month
    Weekly Goal: Progress on lifts from previous week
    Daily Goal: Protein, fat ratios, maintain 2400-2700 TDEE everyday

Lessons on losing fat while eating at maintenance

Weighin: 160.8 lbs

I decided not to go on cutting and bulking cycles to avoid gaining too much fat and to avoid losing strength on my lifts. I might appear to be spinning my wheels, but as long as I'm going hard and progressing at the gym and maintaining weight within a reasonable range, I trust that my body will eventually burn out the fat and grow. According to research, growth while recomping is very slow compared to typical cutting bulking cycles, but the fact is, there IS growth. And I'm perfectly fine with this. Slow and steady wins for me.

I have faith in the process.

I count calories, stay away from eating too much tasty foods, workout even when unmotivated, a result of discipline.

It reminds me of my spiritual journey which is above all and beyond losing fat / bodybuilding. Just like many, I want to be able to meet Christ, this is the end goal for me. But in order to get to that point, I need to be completely prepared, my spirit (relationship with God), my soul (my love, faith, and decision to maintain that relationship), and my body (denying my bodily wants and desires, discipline). I might not see Christ right now, the Holy City, but I have faith one day I will.

Recomping is unpopular, because you don't the results right away, but faith is putting in the work regardless whether or not you see immediate results. I know eventually the result will be good, and it might be difficult, I might be downright unmotivated sometimes, but just have faith it will be good.

Past Weighins: 161, 162, 163 lbs

My average TDEE was been hovering between 2500-2800 cals the past three days. I've been eating at around 2900-3000 cals average. I think I can start lowering my intake a bit to normalize my weight and eat at maintenance again. For the past weeks, haven't done much fasting (been eating around 4-5 meals a day averaging about 400-800 cals each), but most of my cals are eaten at night. This can become problematic because of the availability of food, and sometimes you just eat to relax and to wind down from a full day of work and moving around.

My macro split has been in the ball park of 300 g carbs, 125 g fats, 170 g protein, about 35-50 grams fiber, 500+ g fruits and vegetables. A lot of carbs and fat from snacks and junk though lol.

Unhappy Bout with food poisoning

Weigh-in: 165.6, 160.8, 162.4, 163.2 lbs

I think it was the water. I was vomiting Saturday night thru Sunday morning (hence the 5 lb difference). Then I had stomach pains all day Sunday through Monday night. I had to skip my workout (didn't want to squat and chit while in the hole lol). Been eating all white rice, white bread just to get my digestive tract back to normal. I might've been putting my GI system to work lately, I guess it needed a rest?

Preparing still for the big move. Plan on lifting today in the midst of preparations. Hopefully I'm recovered enough to progress with my lifts today. I know I'll feel better afterwards though.

Had a protein shake with spinach and banana this morning (250 cals), two pieces toast and butter (260 cals). Pretty good macrosplit. 33 g carbs, 27 g fat, 34 g protein.

Weighin: 162 lbs

TDEE: 2600
    Intake: About 2800
    Macros: 215 Carbs, 153 fats, 140 protein

Workouts yesterday: Bench: 175 4x4 (2.5 min rest, added 1 rep), Squat: 175 6x3 (30 sec rest, upped weight and added 1 set), Deadlift: 285 2x10, 1x9 (1.5 min rest added one rep, mixed grip though), OHP 105 lbs 4x4 (maintain), Pendlay Rows 165 lbs 4x4 (added weight), ab circuit -> workout lasted about 1.5 hrs total including warm up and stretching afterwards

Workout today: 10 min warmup jog, 20 min sprints (30 sec sprint, 45 sec jog) 30 min. workout

Felt pretty good during the workout yesterday given the circumstances (food/water poisoning, stomach pains). I ate about 1400 cals this morning before doing my sprints, felt pretty sluggish and slow.

I haven't really been motivated lately, and my protein shake is starting to taste like chit since I've had stomach cramps (1-2 scoops weigh, 125 g spinach, 115 g banana). I used to look forward to my shakes, but now it's a chore to chug it down. Our stove broke, so we've been baking / microwaving our meats lately or just ordering take out. Maybe I've been overtraining? Burnt out or stressed? I could use a massage.

Rest week

Weigh-in: 163 lbs

Still deciding if I need to rest this week. Exercise kind of put on the backburner for now due to packing, moving, and selling things before leaving the Philippines.

I'm looking for a cheap but accessible gym close to home in Oak Harbor, Washington. I'll need to scope out the area first.

Been eating at around 2800-3000 cals (ate 3800 cals one day, Yaki Mix lol), my TDEE hoving around 2600-2800 on lifting/HIIT days, around 2200 on rest/do nothing days. I've been gaining just a little over 0.5 lbs a week since I stopped cutting (not planned at all). I've been trying to eat maintenance cals, but I always end up eating around 600+ cals more than my target lol. Time to start drinking black coffee again when I get hungry.

Smile Rest week

Weigh-in: 159.4 lbs

I dropped my cals this week to about 1800-2200 since my gym activities are in the back burner for now. My weekly average went down about 0.2 lbs (162.7 -> 162.5). I didn't lift or run this whole week, but I've been packing and doing a lot of errands preparing to move.

My diet this week mainly consisted of:

Fried eggs, rice, sausage (~600 cals) for breakfast
    Whey, spinach, banana, peanut butter for lunch (~500 cals)
    And a fast food meal of my choice (~700 cals) since we sold all of our cooking wares

I eat a chocolate, ice cream, or serving of chips for a nice little snack at night. I do take a multi and my macros are at about
    120 protein, 90 fats, 160 carbs

Workouts:

None, besides the walking around (about 6-12k steps not even trying).
    Lifting furniture, luggages, books for shipping, etc.

I'm hoping to maintain or progress my deadlift, squat, bench, and OP (335x5, 205x4, 175x5, 105x5) upon my return.

Lowering my cals does feel like a cut though. I usually get by drinking decaf coffee brewed with a table spoon of cinnamon in the filter (I do add some Splenda though lol).
    Last edited by illpinoise; 06-07-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Weigh-in: 160.2 lbs

From my active week to rest week, I lost about 0.5 lbs average. I was hoping that the loss wouldn't translate to losses in the gym. I was hoping to maintain strength, but I ended up feeling weaker and losing some reps. I even had to drop some weight. So back to the grind!

I'm back to drinking coffee to help control my appetite, especially at home. It sucks because I'm so lazy to cook at home due to lack of running water for the past 3 days, so we end up just going out to eat. Because of that I'm eating more fats and carbs than usual, less veggies and fruits. It's not ideal, but sometimes you just have to be content with what you have.

At least I haven't been instructed to leave the Philippines yet to my new assignment, I have a little more time to train here (I may be on the road all day in my new assignment).

I've stopped restricting white rice and white break from my diet (stomach has been uneasy with all the fiber I've been consuming, it has settled down since I've reintroduced white rice and white bread). I pretty much eat whatever I feel like eating, just in monitored and controlled amounts. It's been good since I've stopped cutting, kind of just maintaining between 160-162 lbs for about a month. Hopefully I can keep maintaining this weight, but hopefully gain some strength at the gym.

Finally moved in!

Finally moved in to Oak Harbor, Washington last June 18. It's been 12 days, but I haven't hit the gym once since then lol. My body hasn't acclimated to the weather here so I decided to eat at a surplus to gain a little weight (not a problem at all) to get a little warm. I don't have a vehicle at the moment, so I haven't been able to sign up at a gym, but I may do some bodyweight exercises at home. If anyone has any suggestions how to maintain muscle mass at this stage I'm open to suggestions.

Since I arrived from the Philippines, I haven't hit the scale either, I predict I'm around 166-168 lbs. I was at 163 lbs in June 10. I don't plan on really working out until I have a set schedule and a vehicle (unless I can be motivated to walk a mile to the gym lol). Hopefully everything will work out (pun intended).

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Finally moved in to Oak Harbor, Washington last June 18. It's been 12 days, but I haven't hit the gym once since then lol. My body hasn't acclimated to the weather here so I decided to eat at a surplus to gain a little weight (not a problem at all) to get a little warm. I don't have a vehicle at the moment, so I haven't been able to sign up at a gym, but I may do some bodyweight exercises at home. If anyone has any suggestions how to maintain muscle mass at this stage I'm open to suggestions.

Since I arrived from the Philippines, I haven't hit the scale either, I predict I'm around 166-168 lbs. I was at 163 lbs in June 10. I don't plan on really working out until I have a set schedule and a vehicle (unless I can be motivated to walk a mile to the gym lol). Hopefully everything will work out (pun intended).
    Congrats on the move, glad you made it safely.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

Weigh-in: 174 lbs

I let go so to speak since arriving here in Oak Harbor. I haven't hit the weights at all since June and I've been eating without monitoring for almost two months. I also haven't been physically active. No excuses, no complaints, just lack of execution.

I started monitoring my caloric intake and eating at my BMR (around 1700 calories give or take a few). Haven't really hit my fat minimums, but my protein has been around 0.7xBW. I'll be going to Chicago for a week in a couple weeks, so I'm debating if I should start a gym membership now or just chill for a bit until after my vacation. I've been doing HIIT / walking 2-3 times a week for two weeks now and casually playing full-court basketball.

I forgot that I hit the 35 and above crew last June haha. Hopefully I can get back in the groove.

Weigh-in: 173.8 lbs

I have a goal to hit 160 lbs again and just maintain. But it comes with a lot of challenges:

1) Fieldwork requires dealing with social eating pressure. SOLUTION: meal replacement shakes at home only on days I'm "required" to eat at work
    2) No more access to gym due to constant field work. SOLUTION: staying active during the day, making sure I hit 10k-12.5k steps (about 400-500ish cals on top of BMR) and mixing some calisthenics when I feel like it
    3) On the road most of the day due to fieldwork. SOLUTION: Coffee, prayers, and dancing while driving to stay awake lol

My estimated TDEE then would be: 2000-2100 cals actual might be a littler more due to thermal effect of eating
    DIET to lose about one lb a week: 1500-1600 cals actual usually more due to intermittent lack of focus / dedication

I can see myself losing 15 lbs in the course of 7 months at this rate. not really ideal, but that's just reality. trying to do what I can guys.

2020 Reflections

Wish I could throw this year away! I started this journey November 2017 at 230+ lbs in the Philippines. I got into a consistent Squat Deadlift Bench program while cutting weight and got down to sub 160s around June 2019. I had the luxury of a complete gym all to myself just steps away from my office and I was making some good gains on my deadlifts (squat and bench another story lol). My last lifting session was a 335 lbs 4x4 at 159 lbs bodyweight before I got assigned to the Pacific Northwest in June 2019. Since then, I signed up some gyms, but due to my fieldwork experience just could not maintain a consistent schedule. However, I was able to maintain my lifts for the most part while maintaining weight (and mini-cuts when I bulked without even realizing it).

Once COVID hit April 2020, I was devastated. No more Squat Deadlift Bench sessions to plan ahead and look forward to. Add to that homeschooling the kids and the pressure of my work to produce results with the awkward videoconferencing environment started to weigh on me. I enjoyed picking the weight up, but 2020 got me weighed down.

I've been looking for ways to workout in my apartment doing various HIIT exercises, (and I'm grateful my neighbors downstairs don't mind), but it's just not the same as loading up bars at the gym. Failing at the gym is cut and dry, but progress motivates me in other aspects of my life. I don't have space to get a power rack/squat rack or other equipment for the Apartment, and the uncertainty of my assignments just makes it not feasible to invest in equipment. I only have a 30 lb dumbbell, bodyweight, and internet at my disposal.

I hope I can find community again here with the challenges I face to reach my goals. I had many goals this year: 400+ lb deadlift, 225 lb squat and bench. I'm open to any suggestions!! I'll start weighing in again tomorrow morning.

Here's to 2021!! Hope everyone enjoys the last week of 2020!

Weigh-in: 176.2 lbs , sunrise 8:00 AM sunset 4:42 PM

I don't know about you, but I always get inspired to get back into it the week before the New Year. I usually dread getting out of bed early morning because the sun doesn't peek here in the dreary Pacific Northwest until about 8:00 AM, it's windy, and just below freezing. But for some reason I decided to go outside for a jog. I jogged for about 5-6 mph for an hour. My cardio is usually a HIIT sprints for 20 minutes, but I decided to go easy to wake my body up a bit.

As for strength training. Ordered a pull-up bar, one 30 lb dumbbell and looking for some full-body workouts to maintain whatever muscle mass I have left. I adhere more to simplicity, which is why I stuck to a Squat-Deadlift-Bench routine for over a year. The challenge now is to find something simple and easy to follow with the lack of equipment. Will post pics soon ..

Weigh-in: 177.6 lbs Oak Harbor, Washington ,48 degrees F, sunrise 8:01 AM sunset 4:21 PM

Gained some weight (maybe waterweight, indulged a bit on oreos and candy last night haha)
    Woke up today and did a single dumbbell strength workout (that's all I have for now)

5 minute active warmup
    Squat, Lunges, Shoulder Press, Romanian Deadlift, Leaning Rows
    Sets of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (1 1/2 minute - 2 minutes between sets)
    BPM was between 130-160
    10 minute stretch (about 48 minutes)

My joints were tight and aching for my jog yesterday, but fortunately I was able to get loose.

Weigh-in: 178.4 lbs Oak Harbor, Washingon, 46 degrees, sunrise 8:01 AM sunset 4:22 PM (movin on up!)

Just did a 3 mile jog 5-6 mph pace yesterday. Feeling the blues though, so I didn't really track my nutrition and felt like eating salty snacks for a movie night.

A lot of online activities today from 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM, so I will just take it easy and start my dumbbell workouts tomorrow again.

Weigh-in: 178.2 lbs
    Oak Harbor, Washington, 38 degrees, sunrise 8:01 AM, sunset 4:24 PM, progress is progress!

Just did a sprint - jog HIIT session, and I felt surprisingly good. Last week, my joints were aching and I just wanted to sleep all day. Waking up early for a run in the cold air after a day of strength exercises help so much on the joints.

Yesterday, just stuck to my single full body dumbbell workout

Squats, Lunges, OHP, RDL, Rows (sets of 4-10 until failure on my OHP) with 1 1/2 minute rest in between circuits

Not monitoring my diet over the past 3 weeks yielded about 2 lbs weight gain (about 350 cal surplus). I think I'm ready to start cutting at 1600 cals (about 400-500 deficit).

Weigh-in: 177.2 lbs
    Oak Harbor, Washington, 46 degrees, sunrise 8:01 AM, sunset 4:26 PM

Full body single dumbbell workout, added pushups and pull-ups at the end of each set just for kicks

I know I was going to cut at 1600 cals, but I decided to up it a notch to 1800 and adjust from there.

Protein 120 g, Fat 50 g, Carbs 240 g (sushi)

Drinking a little more protein shakes (had 3 scoops yesterday) due to unavailability in the home of any lean protein sources. Wife not really into cooking chicken breast, lean pork chops all the time hehehe.

Samsung health gives a score based on Protein, Fiber, Postassium, vitamins A and C, Calcium, Iron, Saturated Fat, and Sodium. Being in the "green" on all nutrients yields a score of a 100. When I track, I average usually about 95-100. When I don't track and then do a guesstimate afterwards, my score is usually around a 65-70.

Sodium remains at about 2600 mg on the high side with potassium at about 4100 mg (the only micro I didn't hit). I do aim for my potassium to hit minimum (4800 mg) and if not, for my potassium to at least double my sodium intake. Seeing the score keeps me motivated.

Weigh-in: 177.0 lbs, 175.0 lbs after the run (last week I was 176.2 lbs after the run)
    Oak Harbor, Washington, 48 degrees (misty), sunrise 4:26 PM

Did some HIIT sprints for about 45 minutes early morning. There's something about working out when no one else is awake. My body is starting to adjust again, no more pains in my joints, just a dull muscle soreness all over. My heart rate felt between 140-160 bpm. I estimate about 500-600 calories. Yesterday I decided to eat 1900 calories over my planned 1800.

I'm kind of irked with the door frame warping with the new pull-up bar I installed. It was only $20 on amazon, so it is what it is.

Protein 121 g, Fat 63 g, Carbs 249 g (got a 98 out of 100 nutrient balance score). I could've went 100, i just didn't feel like eating another banana lol.

TDEE: BMR + 10% intake + workout + 100 (NEAT) = 1650 + 180 + 600 + 100 = 2530

I could safely eat around 2000 cals for a 500 cal deficit for the day. With errors in measuring I'll probably aim for 1800-1900 depending on my mood hehehe.

Pretty happy with the results and how I'm feeling lately with the workouts and tracking despite no access to a gym. Happy New Year!!

Results for past two days:
    Ate 2300 calories (275 C, 71 F, 147 g P)
    Ate some Popeyes chicken breast, gelatinous rice dessert with coconut shavings, two protein shakes with spinach and peanut butter, Hawaiian Macaroni Chicken and some candy with Li Hing Powder.
    Estimated at about 200 deficit, but weight stayed the same.

Weigh-in: 177.0 lbs, goal weight is 155 lbs by May

Did a full-body single dumbbell routine for about an hour and ate 1800 calories (227 C, 54 F, 127 P)

Also took the kids to the playground which I believe contributed to my NEAT.

Weigh-in: 176.4 lbs

Jogged 5-6 mph pace for about an hour this morning for my LISS as an active rest day. I'm at about 2000 calories intake (260 C, 66 F, 120 P)

TDEE: BMR + Exercise + Digestion energy + NEAT = 1650 +700 + 200 + 100 = 2650

I'm looking at a 600 cal deficit

I could probably sneak in another kitkat lol.

I feel more tired during the day, but at least I have that feeling of accomplishment early mornings to tackle my other responsibilities at work and with my family.
    Last edited by illpinoise; 01-02-2021 at 09:48 PM.

SUNDAY
    Weigh-in: 178.2 lbs. I ended up eating 3500 calories (600 surplus) the night before. Binged on MCDs and lays chips and gained 1.8 lbs overnight hehe. I ended up settling down from work around 2:00 AM and decided to get some good ol' MCDs. It was a stressful weekend. Sunday I didn't have time to sit down and eat so I ended up doing a 32 hour fast.

MONDAY
    Weigh-in: 174.4 lbs
    Surprisingly felt good doing my full-body dumbbell routine fasted.
    TDEE: 2400 cals
    Intake: 1900 cals (500 deficit)
    244 C, 63 F, 122 P

TUESDAY
    Weigh-in: 175.2 lbs
    Jogged about 30 minutes, HIIT 20 minutes
    TDEE: 1650+600+190+100 = 2550
    Intake: Shooting for 2000 cals today

Routine
    6:00 am - Coffee / planner
    6:45 am - workout
    7:45 am - wake-up kids for homeschooling