yana999 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not making progress

I’m 19 year old female and have been weightlifting for 8 months now but I feel like I’m not making good progress. I’m 5’8 and I’ve gone from 115lbs to 121lbs. I went from squatting only 30lbs for 12 reps to squatting 45lbs for 12 reps. Deadlifts, 50lb x 12 reps to 90lb x 12 reps. I feel like I should have made more progress than that. I used to track macros but am currently just eating intuitively and make sure to incorporate protein sources. Am I not getting stronger due to lack of weight gain? I feel stuck and starting to lose motivation any tips would be nice

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How many calories are you consuming daily?
    If you start eating more, gaining more weight, you will be able to push more weight in the gym.

Also what kind of programming are you following?
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

I’m not currently tracking calories but when I did I was eating around 2400+. I don’t follow a program, I’ve been doing my own upper/lower split

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by yana999 View Post
    I’m 19 year old female and have been weightlifting for 8 months now but I feel like I’m not making good progress. I’m 5’8 and I’ve gone from 115lbs to 121lbs. I went from squatting only 30lbs for 12 reps to squatting 45lbs for 12 reps. Deadlifts, 50lb x 12 reps to 90lb x 12 reps. I feel like I should have made more progress than that. I used to track macros but am currently just eating intuitively and make sure to incorporate protein sources. Am I not getting stronger due to lack of weight gain? I feel stuck and starting to lose motivation any tips would be nice
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...ld-you-do.html

Are you consistently lifting at the 12 rep range? Try doing shorter sets at a higher weight if your goals are more about increasing strength. There are a lot of articles all over the web about hypertrophy, how to increase strength versus muscle size etc. ive linked one from this site. But there is a lot out there. You don’t always need to train to failure.

That being said, it’s not like you didn’t get stronger. Don’t lose motivation. I understand that you want to see greater increases in strength at a faster pace and changing your reps and sets may help that. but I encourage you to look at how far you’ve come. And at 8 months, you’re still a beginner. I believe you will continue to see progress if you keep it up. Strength training is a long term endeavor and consistency is key.

Thank you for the response! My main goal is to build muscle mass but I feel like I should have progressed more in strength as well than I have. I mostly stick to the 8-12 rep range but also incorporate lower reps and higher reps some times