randomdude280 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is there another way to switch to keto without withdrawal?

I've been on keto for 1 week today. Everyday the withdrawals have gotten worse and today I couldnt hardly get out of bed. I struggled yesterday at work and had to leave early. My symptoms are very bad. I have no energy im slurring my words and I feel like im dying. When I woke up today (day 7) I had to eat some fruits because I was convinced something is wrong. I wanted to do the diet bad but Ive read that by day 7 it should be getting better not worse.

I tried bone broth and supplements (potassium, magnesium)

Is there a way to slowly switch to keto instead of all at once? I hate that I had to eat the fruit but I have to work and I cant like this.

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Keto provides no weight loss benefits that a healthy, carb containing diet of the same deficit doesn't also provide. If anything, it has more risks with the increases in saturated fats, cholesterol, lack of full micronutrients, etc.

If you feel like ****, eat carbs. People act like Keto is some miracle but it is 100% bull****. These fad girls on ******** get excited cause they go keto for 3 days and lose 6 lbs of water weight. Then they don't lose anything else and drop it after a month.
    ---Get those Negs ready---

Originally Posted by JCubb12 View Post
    Keto provides no weight loss benefits that a healthy, carb containing diet of the same deficit doesn't also provide. If anything, it has more risks with the increases in saturated fats, cholesterol, lack of full micronutrients, etc.

If you feel like ****, eat carbs. People act like Keto is some miracle but it is 100% bull****. These fad girls on ******** get excited cause they go keto for 3 days and lose 6 lbs of water weight. Then they don't lose anything else and drop it after a month.
    I had read that carbohydrate withdrawal is a real thing and passes. Thanks for your opinion.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by randomdude280 View Post
    I've been on keto for 1 week today. Everyday the withdrawals have gotten worse and today I couldnt hardly get out of bed. I struggled yesterday at work and had to leave early. My symptoms are very bad. I have no energy im slurring my words and I feel like im dying. When I woke up today (day 7) I had to eat some fruits because I was convinced something is wrong. I wanted to do the diet bad but Ive read that by day 7 it should be getting better not worse.
    Keto isn't for everyone.

Are you sure you're eating enough calories? Not eating enough will make the transition far worse.

How much sodium and potassium do you get per day?

Things you can do to boost your energy: MCT oil, caffeine, coconut oil.

As of now im on 99mg of potassium a day and ive been pouring salt into my mouth and chasing it with water (not a ****load maybe two tablespoons a day). Plus i salt my foods a lot.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How many calories do you eat per day?

Your potassium is very low. Also make sure to get enough magnesium.

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 7 days you should already be in ketosis and not feeling the withdraw flu. did you mess up and eat too many carbs during the week therefore extending the withdrawal time line? I agree w the others are you under eating too much and are you taking a multivitamin?
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Keto ... it has more risks with the increases in saturated fats, cholesterol, ...
    Misinformation

This is misinformation. You need to research this more thoroughly.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by kennycroxdale View Post
    Misinformation

This is misinformation. You need to research this more thoroughly.

Kenny Croxdale
    Lol definitely not miss information, especially if you at least would post the whole quote. I said IF ANYTHING, it has more risks than rewards. Unless you think the risk of missing out on micros and an increase in saturated fats is of no concern.

I could post 1000 studies that show those two things are not good....
    ---Get those Negs ready---

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lol definitely not miss information, especially if you at least would post the whole quote. I said IF ANYTHING, it has more risks than rewards. Unless you think the risk of missing out on micros and an increase in saturated fats is of no concern.

I could post 1000 studies that show those two things are not good....
    Some of the information you posted was correct.

The information on saturated fat and cholesterol is incorrect.

You need to expand and update your knowledge.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

Dietary cholesterol increases LDL cholesterol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30596814

Replacing saturated fat with unsaturated fat reduces CVD risk.

https://www.cochrane.org/CD011737/VA...-heart-disease

This doesn't have to mean that a ketogenic diet is necessarily bad. Just make sure to get your lipids checked and adjust your cholesterol and saturated fat intake accordingly.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Dietary cholesterol increases

Replacing saturated fat with unsaturated

This doesn't have to mean that a ketogenic diet is necessarily bad. Just make sure to get your lipids checked and adjust your cholesterol and saturated fat intake accordingly.
    I was worried about the same studies that you cited. Ive heard about them from other vegan videos especially the China study. LDL is a controversial topic where a lot of people argue if it's good or bad. The president of the American heart association had a heart attack in 2017 following the LDL is bad theory. The studies that indicate that meat causes heart disease were observational studies and they didnt account for things like smoking, drinking, eating candy. Tere's been no legit randomize control trials that suggest that meat raises the risk for heart disease. Again these studies are observational studies that don't PROVE either way.

Im not smart enough to know for a fact as even doctors seem to be split on the subject. I just try to read and learn and makeup my own opinion. Science in nutrition is not as advanced as we like it think.

Ppl who eat mediterranean diet are the longest living in the world and I try to follow that diet. Keto is flexible.

Originally Posted by SugarFree1 View Post
    At 7 days you should already be in ketosis and not feeling the withdraw flu. did you mess up and eat too many carbs during the week therefore extending the withdrawal time line? I agree w the others are you under eating too much and are you taking a multivitamin?
    Here I am almost two weeks later and I'm starting to feel better but not great. I think it was just wicked withdrawals. I get bad withdrawals from things. I use to be addicted to pain meds and almost died getting off them and had to be hospitalized. So its something with my genes.

I started eating a lot but now I've been fasting until 4pm everyday. Ive been trying to eat more salt and get potassium. Do you know if its safe to take like 500mg of potassium if im fasting? I dont think im getting the recommended 2700mg a day and my tablets are only 99mg. I read somewhere its dangerous to take too much potassium supplements.

How many calories do you eat per day?

Your potassium is very low. Also make sure to get enough magnesium.
    I dont count them. Im getting better now. Yesterday I ate 7 eggs, 10 pieces of bacon, 2 avacados, and a bunch of brocolli dipped in extra virgin olive oil. So I think im good on the calories. Im starting to fast until 4pm everyyday now. Im still feeling abit weak. Im trying to figure out how much potassium supplements i can take.

Originally Posted by randomdude280 View Post
    The president of the American heart association had a heart attack in 2017 following the LDL is bad theory.
    FYI: it's not just a theory, it's something that has been shown in thousands of people: higher LDL tends to increase CVD risk.
    https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/a...2/2459/3745109

If you want to take a science based stance on this subject you should ignore anecdotal evidence. N=1 is meaningless when compared to studies with thousands of people.

If you do want to play the anecdotal card, not that I recommend it, you could just as easily use his story for the opposite postion: The fact that he recovered so well after his cardiac arrest may have been driven by his low LDL (assuming he had that). In fact, this position actually has more evidence behind it than the opposite.

The studies that indicate that meat causes heart disease were observational studies and they didnt account for things like smoking, drinking, eating candy.
    In statistics you can adjust for confounding factors. For example: people who eat processed meat have a higher chance of getting colorectal cancer. This association remained when they control for smoking, drinking or sugar intake. So people who do not smoke still have a higher chance for colorectal cancer if they eat more processed meat.

Tere's been no legit randomize control trials that suggest that meat raises the risk for heart disease.
    That's true. However: there are many RCTs that show replacing saturated fat with unsaturated fat reduces your risk of CVD.
    https://www.cochrane.org/CD011737/VA...-heart-disease

Ppl who eat mediterranean diet are the longest living in the world and I try to follow that diet. Keto is flexible.
    Mediterranean diet includes carbs and is relatively low on saturated fat. It's not a ketogenic diet.

If you're only doing keto temporarily I suggest not worrying about the health implications. Just losing weight will improve your health. If you decide to follow a keto diet long term I recommend getting your lipids checked. Not everyone reacts well to high dietary cholesterol, high saturated fat, low fiber etc.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 04-11-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Registered User WarriorDietKing's Avatar
    WarriorDietKing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WarriorDietKing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WarriorDietKing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WarriorDietKing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WarriorDietKing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with you, not eating enough calories will make people feel tired. I read in a Muscle magazine that in pre-contest diets it is normal for bodybuilders to feel depressed and weak. Fashion models also are supposed to feel depressed and down when they are trying to lose weight. Because when the human body is at a calorie deficit it is normal to feel weak and down

Keto isn't for everyone.

Are you sure you're eating enough calories? Not eating enough will make the transition far worse.

How much sodium and potassium do you get per day?

Things you can do to boost your energy: MCT oil, caffeine, coconut oil.

CoolCreamPete is on a distinguished road. (+10)

CoolCream - Delicious & Could Help!

May or not be the cure-all for reverse sugar shock but at a minimum I promise it's the right prescription for your taste buds. It's called CoolCream and it's every bit as delicious as it looks (see attached .png image). Forward my Kickstarter -

Link disallowed since I don't have enough posts but just go to Kickstarter and enter Search term 'CoolCream'

to two of your friends; this picture has to find just the one right Angel partner to make CoolCream real and let you love all seven flavors just like me. A lock to become your go to snack once you're through that initial keto adjustment!
    Attached Images

CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) CJJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I go into keto I fast for 1 day and then do not go into a deficit for about 1-2 weeks and slowly work into 20-4 intermittent fasting.

Flax seed crackers + almonds + pork rhines tend to take care of my cravings. I also eat broccoli almost exclusively for carbs during that 2 weeks as it makes me feel the most full constantly.

As for electrolytes make sure you are heavily seasoning food when possible. I myself am looking for good electrolyte drinks.

Another issue you may be having is water. The process for fat release literally requires water stay VERY VERY hydrated. If you drink less than a gallon of water a day in keto you are probably doing yourself a disservice unless you are sub 150 range.
    Go hard or go home