Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

First Show in Five Years, Advise?

I will be starting my first contest prep in over 5 years next week. I plan on getting on stage in August sometime. I've built in some extra time as I have a bachelor party in Germany to go to about 3 weeks before the show, so I want to have time to lose the damage I will do. I was going to start a lean bulk back in January, but living in Germany at the time, that proved to be more difficult than I imagined. The Germans don't tend to eat healthy as a whole and the lean options weren't the best. I ended up on a dirty bulk that got waaaaaay out of hand. Currently sitting around 109kg, fluffy, dumb and happy. My wife and I are back in the US now, so my options are endless with good lean options. Feels like I got all the food I wanted to out of my system now for my cut down to whatever my weight ends up at. If I don't end up lean enough for an August show, I will just push it to September. I'm sure things have changed in the 5 years since I've competed. Looking forward to trying the Classic Physique option. Any advise for that one? Do they treat it more like bodybuilding or physique? I started out in physique and then moved onto bodybuilding in my previous shows. Cheers.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm excited to follow along man!
    I'm on a pretty similar schedule as you as far as going from category to category. I started in Mens Phys for a couple years; just had my first show of this year and entered Classic; now 1 week out from my next and I'm going into BB'ing.

Me on the far right:

What organization are you going to compete with?
    I'll tell ya, OCB holds a lot more stock in really requiring that Classic look, and poses, then I thought. I placed last. I asked the head judge and 2 others for feedback and all said the same thing; I was too conditioned/peeled for that class. Of course, backstage, we all size each other up and I noticed I was much more conditioned than my competitors. But that ended up working against me. The judges said I should have come in about 20% softer; go figure.
    Anyway, I fully understood, and agreed with, their position and learned a lot from that show.

Why I'm telling you all this is so you don't make the same mistake I did. The judges (at least my panel) really wanted a classic look with classic poses. I came in around 6% and should have been around 8. Now don't go taking that as a pass to not get conditioned! I'm sure you know what 8-9% looks like so I'd shoot for that. That should let you come in good and full too as that's not too lean.

I also was not prepared with my posing. I was really using that show as a step from MP to BB'ing; knowing i was going into BB'ing in this show coming up. So, unfortunately for me, I posed like a BB'er; which was not what they wanted either...lol Man did I learn from that show!

Anyway, I would highly recommend learning Classic poses for the whole thing. Learn all your mandatories in true classic fashion. Then learn some optional classis poses that suit your physique well (accentuate your strong points and hide your weak ones) Our judges let us do 2 of our favorite Classic poses that were not mandatories...I had none...

Keep us posted as you move along! I'll offer any advice I have if you would like.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBeastMode has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I'm excited to follow along man!
    I'm on a pretty similar schedule as you as far as going from category to category. I started in Mens Phys for a couple years; just had my first show of this year and entered Classic; now 1 week out from my next and I'm going into BB'ing.

Me on the far right:

What organization are you going to compete with?
    I'll tell ya, OCB holds a lot more stock in really requiring that Classic look, and poses, then I thought. I placed last. I asked the head judge and 2 others for feedback and all said the same thing; I was too conditioned/peeled for that class. Of course, backstage, we all size each other up and I noticed I was much more conditioned than my competitors. But that ended up working against me. The judges said I should have come in about 20% softer; go figure.
    Anyway, I fully understood, and agreed with, their position and learned a lot from that show.

Why I'm telling you all this is so you don't make the same mistake I did. The judges (at least my panel) really wanted a classic look with classic poses. I came in around 6% and should have been around 8. Now don't go taking that as a pass to not get conditioned! I'm sure you know what 8-9% looks like so I'd shoot for that. That should let you come in good and full too as that's not too lean.

I also was not prepared with my posing. I was really using that show as a step from MP to BB'ing; knowing i was going into BB'ing in this show coming up. So, unfortunately for me, I posed like a BB'er; which was not what they wanted either...lol Man did I learn from that show!

Anyway, I would highly recommend learning Classic poses for the whole thing. Learn all your mandatories in true classic fashion. Then learn some optional classis poses that suit your physique well (accentuate your strong points and hide your weak ones) Our judges let us do 2 of our favorite Classic poses that were not mandatories...I had none...

Keep us posted as you move along! I'll offer any advice I have if you would like.

Thanks Smokinal! Good information. I was going to compete in the NANBF at a local show here in OKC on August 3rd, but I don't think I will have enough time to lose all the beer I will drink in Germany the week prior in time. As much as I hate competing in the NPC, there's a show in Fort Worth the 24th of August that I will probably compete in. I don't care for competing in a non-natural organization, but it's nearby and I don't have to travel far. There's an NANBF show in Chicago the following week that's an easy 2 hour flight away if the misses will allow it. Also, there's an OCB show in Denver the 7th of September that might be a good fit. There's a local OCB show on the 21st of September, but my wife and I are flying to Cyprus for her best friends wedding that day, so it's out of the picture. Lots of options, just nothing local for me.

Thanks for the heads up about the conditioning. I didn't know you didn't have to be as lean for the Classic Physique. I still want to get shredded, so maybe I'll just stick with BB or depending on how I look, I could compete in Classic Physique the week after my friends bachelor party and just sit in a sauna for the whole week to lose the water weight . Today starts Day 1 of my meal prep. I was going to start it last week, but we just moved into our apartment here in Oklahoma City and meal prepping without pots and pans was just too difficult. I got started a week later than what I wanted, but I think I will still be ready in time. Thanks again!!

KaiaSheehan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello there

Just as a quick update, I'm about 2.5 weeks into my prep and I'm down around 5 lbs to 235. Still got a ways to go, but noticing little changes here and there. More to come...

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keep at it brother!

It will all fall into place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Down to a respectable 229.2 now, my back definition is really starting to come back nicely. Still a lot of belly fat, but that's always the last to go. 5 weeks in and still kickin.

I'm 8.5 weeks in, down to 226.2 this morning. Part of me feels like I need to pick up the pace a bit. Yes, the weight is still coming off, yes everyone can see that I've definitely lost a good amount of weight already. I've got 8 weeks until I leave for England and I'll be sort of off my diet during that time (not as structured as I am now, but will try to keep the calories in check.) At this pace, it puts me down to around another 10lbs or so to 215-216. Honestly don't know what kind of condition I will be in down to 215. I'm hoping it will be good enough that I can relax a bit on my mini-vacation/bachelor party. I know there will be A LOT of drinking over that weekend in Germany. When I return, I would have 4 weeks to correct myself and finish off my diet before a show in Chicago at the end of August. If I had to guess, my ideal stage weight would be somewhere in the 205ish range, maybe a bit more. Does it still seem doable given my slow progress? Should I speed it up a bit for the next few weeks to get ahead of the game before leaving for England? I haven't been super strict so far. Eating lots of Halo Top ice cream, eating out occasionally, but I'm staying within my macros and under on my calories 99.9% of the time. Only had 1 night of alcohol in these 8 weeks. If I kept it stricter for the next 3 weeks while the wife is away, that might give me a boost in the weight loss. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

I'm always very paranoid about being behind so I'm usually stricter than I have to be; that's just me. I'd get way ahead now so you don't have so much "catch up" to do after vaca.
    Plus guys usually look better on the way up than on the way down. Meaning, I look much thicker at 155 when coming up from ~150 than I do at 155 coming down from ~160.
    So I like to get super peeled 2 weeks before a show so I can eat and come up to my desired stage weight instead of being really depleted and coming down to weight.
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I'm always very paranoid about being behind so I'm usually stricter than I have to be; that's just me. I'd get way ahead now so you don't have so much "catch up" to do after vaca.
    Plus guys usually look better on the way up than on the way down. Meaning, I look much thicker at 155 when coming up from ~150 than I do at 155 coming down from ~160.
    So I like to get super peeled 2 weeks before a show so I can eat and come up to my desired stage weight instead of being really depleted and coming down to weight.
    Thanks Smokinal, I'll be a little stricter on myself for the next 4 weeks until the wife gets back from England and see where I'm at. I think I just need to get rid of that "freshman 15" before leaving for England myself and I'd feel better about leaving. This is kind of the mid point for me as far as the dieting and I'm sure it's more mental than anything right now. Having not done it for 5 years and not really remembering how I looked along the way, I wish I would have been better about taking pictures and keeping track of my progress back then so I'd have a reference. I know my stage weight around then was about 190ish, so I know I should hopefully come in around 15lbs heavier this time, if not more. I definitely started heavier (241-243) than I ever have, so that probably has something to do with it. I'm really hoping that these next 8 weeks really carve it out and I can go pretty lean at 215. I plan on having a dexascan or bodyfat water dunk test as I get closer to the show just to see where I end up. Thanks again, I'll update in a few weeks, maybe even post a photo or two along the way.

Haven't checked in for a few weeks. I'm 10.5 weeks in, down to 224 this morning. The weight doesn't seem to be wanting to come off as quickly now. I feel lighter and leaner, but the scales aren't showing it. I'm still no where near stage ready at this point. I'm not sure if I'm going to make the end of August now or not. I realize there's still lots of time, but I thought I'd be further along by now. Just going to keep pressing and see where I end up. If nothing else, I will look really good for the wedding in September .

Down to 218.6 now. 12 weeks into prep and down 25 pounds or so. Not ready for the stage yet. I think I will be closer to 210 stage ready, maybe a little less. My last resort is an NANBF show Sept 14 in Kansas City if I can't make the end of August. It's a lot tougher this time than it was 5 years ago.

Got down to 215.8 before I left for the bachelor party last week. I did really well for the 1.5 weeks I was gone by not overindulging on anything. I did drink A LOT at the bachelor party though. I weighed in on Wednesday at 217.2, but I'm thinking that was mostly bloat still. I sat in a dry sauna for a few days to see if it would help sweat it out and it looks like I'm back to around 215. I still feel like I have a few weeks to go, but the show in Kansas City on the 14th of September looks doable now, which I'm excited about. I just have to get back on the bandwagon and buckle down for the next few weeks. I started a new workout plan last week to hopefully shock my body into losing those last 4-5 pounds. Things are looking up!

Glad to hear things sound like they are coming together. You've been doing this long enough to know how to make it work.
    Keep the focus and bust this thing out!
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

214.2 this weekend. And Boom Goes the Dynamite! I might actually get the courage to sign up for the show in the coming weeks. I have until Sept 7th to actually sign up which isn't far away to be honest.

Sooo, I haven't checked in and updated in a while and there was a reason for it. Two and a half weeks ago I got down to 214.2 and had lost all that I gained while in England, plus some extra. I was in a good place. Weigh in the following weekend, back up to 215.8. I wasn't happy even though I was still in a deficit every day for the entire week. It felt like my body had adapted to what I had been doing do it for the last 18 weeks and I just wasn't seeing the results I needed to see. I needed to do something to kick start myself back into fat burn mode. This last week M-F, I went almost keto and kept myself <100g carbs for the entire day, sometimes as low as 60. I felt like crap the entire week and definitely saw the side effects from it. I used Saturday as a carb refeed day and had almost a normal eating day with around 225g. Went back to <100g yesterday. I weighed in this weekend at 209.2. I know, I know, I know. It wasn't a healthy weight loss. I'm aware, but I did what I had to do. I'm going to continue on the <100g for the rest of the week M-F and I'm hoping that by the end of the week, I will be where I need to be body wise. The show isn't until September 14th, so I would have plenty of time to reincorporate carbs back into my diet and fill my body back up from it's depletion. TO be honest, I needed to see some results last week or I was going to throw in the towel, so I'm happy I did what I did. You can scold me all you want. I'd rather peak a week early and have a good peak week versus continue in my depleted state during peak week and go into the show flat as a protein pancake. More to follow after Labor Day weekend. Cheers!

You're ok man!
    I actually run a similar protocol intentionally. I hate feeling behind when it comes to a show so I get pretty peeled 1 week before the show, then eat and fill out during peak week so I'm full on show day.
    I look far better (and most people do too) good and full rather than depleted so what you did (getting a good jump on fat loss) wasn't all bad.

Stay on plan
    So, during peak week, I'd just slowly ramp up my carbs starting Wed so you'll have Wed, Thurs and Fri to carb up. Then Sat run whatever system you prefer for the show.
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

At what point is the last possible resort I should return carbs back to my diet? I’m thinking I will need most if not all of my peak week to get rid of the last little bit. If I wait til Thursday before my show is that too late to get carbs running back through my body and bulk me back up before the show or should I add them back in sooner? My show isn’t until the 14th of Sept and I’ve got all of next week as well. I’m on the cusp of being lean, but it’s not there yet. I’m worried that I’m not going to get lean enough. I’m worried that if I wait until Thursday before the show, I’ll come in flat.

For years the "standard" protocol was to carb up Friday and Sat morning! I'm a small guy and I get pretty lean so, personally, I prefer to start carbing Wed but I stay in a deficit. This keeps me lean but the influx of carbs still swells me; especially when I start adding salt water on Sat morning 2 hrs before stage.

Do you plan on doing glycogen depleting training the first part of peak week?

Whats your training plan for peak week?
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

I'm already sort of doing a depletion workout in the gym right now. Currently I'm doing my usual chest/back/shoulders/arms/legs rotation in the gym, but instead of lifting heavy, I'm essentially super setting. I do 3 exercises back to back to back for 15 reps for 10 sets. I try to go as long as I can without a break, so the weight isn't heavy, but it's a challenge at reps 12-15 after 6 or 7 sets. After I've completed that circuit, I will usually do another 2, maybe 3 exercises, but I will only do 5 sets each instead of 10. Then I will do some abs if I haven't worked them into my other sets. I've also started doing a bootcamp class with my wife on Saturday's for a change of pace and a more total body day. Also, I think it just helps me to shock my body a bit more and give it something it's not used to doing.

For peak week, I was just going to keep going with the same idea, but instead of 10 sets for the first grouping, I was going to back off and do 5 of each. This way I can still get the volume, but not over exercise. Thoughts? Ideas for improvement?

Thinking about following this plan.. https://www.jackedfactory.com/bodybu...est-peak-week/ What do you think?
    Last edited by TrainBeastMode; 08-30-2019 at 05:08 AM.

Another thing that has gotten me a bit is the eating on show day. How do you work that with the new format of not having an afternoon break and coming back for a night show? Would you continue to eat as you would or do you do something different? I've never been at a continuously running show before.

Originally Posted by TrainBeastMode View Post
    I'm already sort of doing a depletion workout in the gym right now. Currently I'm doing my usual chest/back/shoulders/arms/legs rotation in the gym, but instead of lifting heavy, I'm essentially super setting. I do 3 exercises back to back to back for 15 reps for 10 sets. I try to go as long as I can without a break, so the weight isn't heavy, but it's a challenge at reps 12-15 after 6 or 7 sets. After I've completed that circuit, I will usually do another 2, maybe 3 exercises, but I will only do 5 sets each instead of 10. Then I will do some abs if I haven't worked them into my other sets. I've also started doing a bootcamp class with my wife on Saturday's for a change of pace and a more total body day. Also, I think it just helps me to shock my body a bit more and give it something it's not used to doing.

For peak week, I was just going to keep going with the same idea, but instead of 10 sets for the first grouping, I was going to back off and do 5 of each. This way I can still get the volume, but not over exercise. Thoughts? Ideas for improvement?

Thinking about following this plan.. https://www.jackedfactory.com/bodybu...est-peak-week/ What do you think?
    Ok, so again, I'm a small guy and need all the help I can get staying big. So, I continue to lift heavy right into peak week. I've found that if I go to a rep style workout, I lose size and get stringy. I need to stay swole as much as possible and lifting heavy does this for me. That's just me though; you've done this long enough to know how your body reacts to different styles of training. If you're happy with your size you can probably get away with it; if you want to keep some size, I'd keep my training relatively heavy.

Yeah, I've read through that site before; pretty safe approach to conditioning; nothing wrong with that at all. I run things a little different but again, that's just what I found worked well for me in past shows.

Another thing that has gotten me a bit is the eating on show day. How do you work that with the new format of not having an afternoon break and coming back for a night show? Would you continue to eat as you would or do you do something different? I've never been at a continuously running show before.
    I eat a pretty good sized breakfast very early on show day. Then I nibble all day long, never really eating big. I'll go by feel as far as how much carbs and water; then mix a little protein in there as well.
    But, all of the shows I've done with OCB have all been over by 2-3 so it's not a really long day. What's your show day look like? Timing etc....
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

The show starts at 0830 and is a continuously running show. So I don’t know how long it will actually go for. It’s a combo amateur/pro show. The last time the pro was on a different stage, assuming it will be the same again. I guess how long it will run for depends on how many sign up. I still haven’t technically signed up yet. I weighed in at 205.4 this morning, so I’m on track I guess you could say. The latest you can sign up is the 4th without paying the late fee. Probably wait until then to commit myself to it. I considered going back to lifting heavy for this week while I’m in a low carb state and then going back to the high reps the following week of the show. I’ve noticed some size loss, but I think it’s due to my low carb state and not holding much water. Today is a refeed day and my body is enjoying it so far. Looking forward to this being over already lol.

Looking forward to this being over already lol.
    lol
    I hear that!
    Try all this BS at 50!!

Next year, I'm going to 2 shows back to back in the spring then bulking the rest of the year for the spring shows in 2021. Right now I do 2 in the spring, then another in Sept; so lots of ups and downs which is really hard on the mental state.

You can't turn back now man! Do this!
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

I’m definitely not quitting. I’ve come too far to stop now. 2 more weeks and this will all be over.

Finally coming together nicely. I’m down to 204.2 from 205.4 last week. I can tell there’s not much further down to go as I had a pretty drastic week with not much loss. Feels like I’m probably about ready to go. Got a couple more days and then I’ll slowly start adding some carbs back into the diet. I don’t want to overdo it and spill over, but my body hasn’t had much in the last few weeks and I didn’t give myself a refeed today. Figure if I add 50 or so carbs back into my diet starting Wednesday and then 50 more on Thursday and then my body can adjust to the new load before Saturday morning I’ll be able to handle more before the show. Actually starting to look forward to it now. I have my routine song picked out and now it’s just trying to dial it in for the week. More updates closer to show and after show.

Glad to hear things are coming together for you; they usually do, amid all the doubt and concern we put upon ourselves!

Yeah, give yourself some carbs for sure; just stay in a deficit and reverse the protein/carb amounts and you'll be fine

keep us posted!
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100) joe0460 is not very well liked. (-100)
    So what happened? I have been lurking and following the thread.

Natural Wheelchair Mr. O marinevet63031's Avatar
    marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am absolutely interested as well. Men’s Physique and Classic Physique are different animals all on their own. Please no fire breathing on me but in my ignorance I have thought “MP = Ken Doll, Macy’s mens swim wear”. “CP = 70’s bodybuilder.”

I couldn’t compete effectively in either division mentioned, the classic Physique poses are too difficult for me due to limitations but man are these awesome divisions.
    Last edited by marinevet63031; 10-08-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    *Cardinals, Blues, Chiefs, MLS *
    *PNBA Wheelchair Natural Mr. Olympia, Champion*
    *Disabled US Marine Corps Combat Veteran 1992-1997*

So update..sorry for the late response. I was in Cyprus the last 2 weeks...it was as expected to be honest. I wasn't as lean as I could have been. I took 4th in Open BB and 5th in Novice Classic Physique. I did not place in the Open Classic Physique category. Surprisingly, there were more people in the Open Classic Physique at this show than BB. I knew going in that I wasn't lean enough, but I had worked hard to get where I was so I stepped on stage anyway. I went from around 245ish down to 203 which was the last time I weighed in the week of the show. I did my best to hide my weakness, but it wasn't enough. I learned a lot from this prep. If I had started with the low carbs from the time I got back from England at 6 weeks til stage time, it's possible I could have been lean enough. I waited too long to start and 3.5 weeks of low carbs wasn't enough. I know for next time that I need to go lower carb sooner than later and even though I was losing weight the first 12 weeks, it could have been better and I definitely had my macros off. Time for a little off season enjoyment before I possibly do a little winter bulking . Depends on my work and if we are moving to England next year if I decide to compete again. I may take the year off so I can compete in the 40+ categories in 2021. It was nice to get back on stage after 5 years away.