Get stronger every day DatdereCT's Avatar
    DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Controlled Labs White Warped-- Gummy Worm Flavor

Hello all and welcome!!

I was fortunate enough to receive a 30 serving preworkout energy, endurance, and nitric oxide enhancer from Controlled Labs to test out and give some honest feedback on.. which is what we all want when finding a solid pre-workout, right?

I am a personal trainer (6 years strong!) so I have been around the block a few times (with CL in the past as well!) so I have a good sense of the evolution of pre-workout powders and the high quality that consumers expect now a days.

I personally try about 20 minutes before warming up to consume around 300-350 mg of caffeine (205 lbs currently) to maximize my gym efforts. Depending on the timing of morning or evening workout, I will either be fasted, or have a meal about 1.5 hours before lifting.

I was intrigued to see the gummy worm flavor from a promo.. since most preworkouts have a sweet but often berry/fruit flavor to them. Props to CL for pushing towards something different and not just saturating the market further. I have had a cola/gummy bottle flavored sample once which I didn't particularly care for.. so I hope this experience is better.

About me--
    I was 220-ish lbs as of January, but had the flu earlier this year and lost 8 lbs, just got sick a few weeks back and lost another 4... and trying to maintain closer to 205 for my 5'11 frame and mesomorph body type.

Current estimated big 3 maxes:
    Bench- 315
    Squat- 465
    Deadlift- 485

These are down (obviously) from earlier in the year, so perhaps this log will be a month long recovery to consistency and strength gains!

Photos of the container coming when I can figure out my old photo acct password and a gym session entry with that as well!
    NASM-CPT

Do not let anyone tell you that you cannot accomplish your goals.

DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DatdereCT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Initial thoughts--- it is sweet, but not overly powerful with it. I don't know if I can discern the exact gummy worm flavor, but it does have a candy type of quality to it. Mixes super easy with minimal residue left over. Caffeine kicks well and a bit of focus noticed at the start. The workout was a pretty basic one to test out, although a bit higher rep than usual. Deadlifts, single arm DB rows lat pulldown, and bicep work constituted a bit of a shorter workout for me. I will be a bit more detailed about weight, rep, and set scheme in future posts. Just wanted to get this one while I had a few spare minutes! So far so good..!
    NASM-CPT

Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz
    Thank you, sounds like it went well

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    In on this and it seems like everyone went with the Gummy Worm flavor so far.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In great setup to the log so far in to see how this plays out yet
    -- Microwaves everyday crew --
    -- 175+ lbs Lost Crew --

"If you don't like snickerdoodle, you're wrong"
    XF addict 4 lyfe also eats more Lamb than Lebanese Jesus

Weekend had a few good workouts under my belt. Also got a massage/cupping and fixed some of my shoulder problems that have been hindering me recently.

Shorter but sweet workout today--

Bench press-
    4 X 6 reps @ 235 lbs

Tricep pushdown
    4 X 12 reps

Dips (unweighted)
    BW X 4 sets of 15 reps

Front/lateral DB raises
    4 X 8 reps each @ 20 lb DBs

Finished with a conditioning workout--
    3 rounds
    15 power cleans (95 lbs)
    15 thrusters (95 lbs)
    15 push ups
    1,000-m row

Got the heart rate up. Got the weekend out ha! Energy felt great, although the flavor tasted a little different this time. A little less sweet. I may mess around with the water quantity. Looking to join a hardcore gym over the next week or two, so hopefully that'll provide some better quality for the workouts.

Overall I'd currently say about an 8.5/10 if I had to rate the current overall effectiveness.
    NASM-CPT

Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz Synapsin has the mod powerz
    Yeah, definitely mess around with the water amount and see what you like most. Glad you're enjoying it so far

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How hardcore of a gym we talkin' here?

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    How hardcore of a gym we talkin' here?
    There's one just started by 2 veterans who understood that commercial gyms are full of crap that won't help people get better... so its right up my alley when I see they have some unique shipments coming in on the social media. Its about the same distance away, but it would cause me to go out of my way to dot he workout compared to my own PT clients. But, if the environment is worth it... sometimes that is priceless for progress.

In terms of the workouts this week since Monday, I only worked out Tuesday (yesterday was a rest day) and I will be working out this afternoon. Tuesday was a skill day more-so, with snatch grip deadlift, full snatches, and snatch balance (behind the neck push press to squat as one fluid movement). From there, I did a little bicep isolation with inclined bicep curls (completely underrated) as well as single arm lat pulldown.

Overall the workout was about 80 minutes, and I felt pretty great the entire time. Even with a 5:30am workout, I cruised through it seamlessly and without a drop off in intensity.

The taste wasn't the best with less water, but it did make it a bit more consistent in flavor with each sip. Maybe my expectations of candy flavors are just too high! Ha.

Today will be a leg workout focused around compounds of squat/lunges, as well as sled pushes which are a complete beast in themselves. Until the next update and thoughts on the White Warped!
    NASM-CPT

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't do early morning workouts lol.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by bull.dogz View Post
    I can't do early morning workouts lol.
    I did for a few months but between that and work, I was out cold by 9 pm, lol

Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    I did for a few months but between that and work, I was out cold by 9 pm, lol
    Ha, welcome to my life. If I'm not going to bed closer to 9:30, then I am a zombie the next day (before White Warped!) lol.

Yesterday was conditioning. Sled push (300 lbs total) and medicine ball wall throws (20lbs) for 10 rounds of 40 yard sled push, and 10 wall ball throws for a total of 100. Went for a moderate pace, where I could hold a conversation during the first 5, then breathing a bit harder and taking about 15 seconds between efforts for the last few rounds. A true quad and heart rate crusher!

Today was another olympic lifting today. Had snatch singles planned, and got up to 200 lbs. It has been awhile, so the technique is a bit shaky, but the foundation is there so it was more mentally frustrating than physically. Ended with some snatch grip DL, and some recovery cardio aka walking for 20 minutes.

I would say the energy is pretty good. I have been using a little over 1.25 scoops (approximately) and I think that is a pretty good spot for me. Definitely gets the focus going and I have been feeling really good during my workouts. White Warped has started to make me a believer.

I am away for Easter weekend this weekend, so tomorrow will be the last workout until Monday unfortunately. I hope to have time to update tomorrow, but I also have to get new tires on the car before driving 5.5 hours to NC. Last thing I want is to break down on the highway, so its a busier day then.

Until tomorrow... hopefully!
    NASM-CPT

What a week it had been. Took the weekend off completely from exercise since I was out of town. Came back every day this week and crushed it.

Monday was a back/bicep day
    Tuesday was shoulder/ab day
    Today was a leg isolation day

I find that when I take any amount of time away from the gym, I gravitate to the first few sessions being a bodybuilding focus. Especially after eating a ton for Easter and the entire weekend, I'd rather not feel winded after 5 minutes! Lol.

I have found that the taste is getting more pleasant, although I'm still finding some residue around the side of the shaker, so I normally just fill the empty shaker with a little bit of water and have that intra-workout for a lingering gummy taste.

For overall effectiveness as of this point, I would say it hasn't disappointed. I am most satisfied with how I feel after my workout too, in that I am not crashing down from anything and feeling drained. The energy does stay with me for a bit (especially since I am generally working right after my workouts), so that makes a HUGE difference in what I am looking for. I don't get that feeling that I want to sit around after the workout, but I'm ready to crush work instead.
    NASM-CPT

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DatdereCT View Post
    What a week it had been. Took the weekend off completely from exercise since I was out of town. Came back every day this week and crushed it.

Monday was a back/bicep day
    Tuesday was shoulder/ab day
    Today was a leg isolation day

I find that when I take any amount of time away from the gym, I gravitate to the first few sessions being a bodybuilding focus. Especially after eating a ton for Easter and the entire weekend, I'd rather not feel winded after 5 minutes! Lol.

I have found that the taste is getting more pleasant, although I'm still finding some residue around the side of the shaker, so I normally just fill the empty shaker with a little bit of water and have that intra-workout for a lingering gummy taste.

For overall effectiveness as of this point, I would say it hasn't disappointed. I am most satisfied with how I feel after my workout too, in that I am not crashing down from anything and feeling drained. The energy does stay with me for a bit (especially since I am generally working right after my workouts), so that makes a HUGE difference in what I am looking for. I don't get that feeling that I want to sit around after the workout, but I'm ready to crush work instead.
    That seems normal for coming back from a deload/vacation/etc...being out of the groove makes a bigger difference with heavy strength oriented stuff that's more about weight and numbers IME than it does for 'bodybuilding style' days.

Still have a bit left of my gummy worm White Warped. I think others have also commented about the taste being a little sub-par to conventional standards for sweetness. I agree and would probably say its just not as deep of a flavor, where if I blind taste tested it I would be able to say gummy worm.

The profile of ingredients otherwise are solid. The effects of focus and energy are solid. I would just ask the lab to be a little more precise in either the flavoring or the naming going forward to ensure that gym-goers would buy more in my opinion.
    NASM-CPT

Still have a bit left of my gummy worm White Warped. I think others have also commented about the taste being a little sub-par to conventional standards for sweetness. I agree and would probably say its just not as deep of a flavor, where if I blind taste tested it I would be able to say gummy worm.

The profile of ingredients otherwise are solid. The effects of focus and energy are solid. I would just ask the lab to be a little more precise in either the flavoring or the naming going forward to ensure that gym-goers would buy more in my opinion.
    Hey, thanks man. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the flavour, but pleased to see you enjoyed the effects. We listen to as much feedback as we can so thank you for your thorough thoughts!

Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Hey, thanks man. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the flavour, but pleased to see you enjoyed the effects. We listen to as much feedback as we can so thank you for your thorough thoughts!
    Absolutely! I mean, the consumer had to deal with terrible flavors of protein powders and pre-workouts when they first came out.. so I am glad I can help. I have always believed that the effects/results will outweigh the taste. If something works, I will down it.
    NASM-CPT

Absolutely! I mean, the consumer had to deal with terrible flavors of protein powders and pre-workouts when they first came out.. so I am glad I can help. I have always believed that the effects/results will outweigh the taste. If something works, I will down it.
    Hey, mind giving us a review in the store? We'd really appreciate it, thank you!

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/c...klybSU92UTWWc0