rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hamstring sore from Squats - ok or form problem

Hamstring sore from Squats

Not complaining, my hamstrings can use more workout,

but now I am wondering if it's not a form problem.

Leaning to forward or not going deep enough maybe.
    Ron

Current: Height:5'9 Weight: 169 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:16%
    Goal:___Height:5'9 Weight: 170 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:16%
    Dream:_Height:5'9 Weight: 180 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:14%

solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Muscle sorness after working out is a good thing. Muscle/Ligament pain days after is not good. Maybe take a video of your form and post it so others can comment?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It can be normal depending on how you squat.
    Usually wide squatters who drive more through the heels with flat shoes activate glutes and hamstrings more.
    Also going very deep ass to the floor as it's known will also get the glutes and hams even with a closer stance.
    Remember the squat is a compound movement so many muscles contribute to it.
    To make the quads a focus use a closer stance(feet inside shoulder width)and put heels on a 2x4 or use weightlifting shoes,drive through the balls of your feet more and try to stay as upright as possible.
    Good luck.

rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    It can be normal depending on how you squat.
    Usually wide squatters who drive more through the heels with flat shoes activate glutes and hamstrings more.
    Good luck.
    Well that is all me and I have find my stance has actually widened this last year, so that would explain a lot.

I am fine with it as I don't have many exercises that work my hamstrings.

As long as it won't do any damage to my back, I am happy.
    Ron

Current: Height:5'9 Weight: 169 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:16%
    Goal:___Height:5'9 Weight: 170 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:16%
    Dream:_Height:5'9 Weight: 180 lbs - Height:5'9 - BF:14%

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Slowed, eccentrically loaded lifts often do that. If you 'divebomb' your squats it probably wouldn't happen but it's certainly not a problem.

BTW, it probably isn't actually training the hamstring much. You do need separate posterior chain work IMO.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/ha...for-squat-2-0/

alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my opinion, hamstring soreness is a great thing as it means you're getting good depth and not half repping. If you're concerned about form, maybe set up a camera or have someone film you

Originally Posted by rlefebvr View Post
    Hamstring sore from Squats

Not complaining, my hamstrings can use more workout,

but now I am wondering if it's not a form problem.

Leaning to forward or not going deep enough maybe.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    perfectly normal