Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    fattofame is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Did SS, 22y/o, looking to cut for 3 months, go to GYM everyday with 1 day off

Hello,

I am 22 y/o male did SS by mark riptoe last year and maid decent gains in strength while cutting. I am now 78kgs/171.6lbs. I am looking for a program that will keep me ingaged at the GYM. I have read the fourms and all but still confused, came across some guy named couchalia's PPL which has been reomended alot, same as feirece 5. But I am unsure what to pick or if there any workour programes that I will be able to do for atleast 3 months 6 days a week preferebly. I am tracking my calories thourgh my fitness pal. Currently at 1500 calories and my hight is 167cm tall. Goal is to one day do one pull up.

EDIT*
    Ive trained Ritpoes SS for 2-3 months last year sep to nov. I dont clearly remember clearly what I was capable of but some numbers were My squat was 65kgs, bench was 40kgs inlcuding bar, deadlift was 75kgs, cleans were 25kgs. Before this I could not even lift the bar which was 20kgs. I want to go to the gym contionusly atm because I have no jab and will be able to go consistatly for atleast 3 months and track my calories, so hence looking for a bro spilt. PPL, UL, ULPPL. Vikings 97's ULPPL and Fierece 5 intermetite PPL seem really good to me. PS I have been cutting all this time and will be conituing to cut until 152lbs.

Cheers for your advice and input.

Kind Regards
    Transformationwonderboy/fattofame. (Thought this would be funny)
    Last edited by fattofame; 03-31-2019 at 08:49 PM.

leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What are your other lifts like? Seems strange that you say you've made strength gains and still can't do a single pull up. Sounds like you have no business training 6 days a week, but if you want to then go for it. From memory, Coolcicada's PPL has some balancing issues.

Originally Posted by leidenesLK View Post
    What are your other lifts like? Seems strange that you say you've made strength gains and still can't do a single pull up. Sounds like you have no business training 6 days a week, but if you want to then go for it. From memory, Coolcicada's PPL has some balancing issues.
    I fired my laptop keyboard so it no longer works. But My squat was 65kgs, bench was 40kgs inlcuding bar, deadlift was 75kgs, snatch was 20kgs that's all I can remember. Yeah I don't know why I could even do one pull up but it is a goal. Is there any PPL recomendation that you have ?

Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by fattofame View Post
    I fired my laptop keyboard so it no longer works. But My squat was 65kgs, bench was 40kgs inlcuding bar, deadlift was 75kgs, snatch was 20kgs that's all I can remember. Yeah I don't know why I could even do one pull up but it is a goal. Is there any PPL recomendation that you have ?
    these are not numbers from a rippetos SS completed program, these are typical skinny fat 170lbs male going into the gym for the first time. your clearly a beginner fire up SS again for 6 months and come back when u squat and deadlift over 300 and bench 200. or choose another beginner program. your not at a level to do a 6 day split
    and a snatch isnt in SS , its cleans

you should edit your OP, you make it sound as if you started 1 year ago kept going with SS and now was a time to move up to a brosplit. which in fact what it should say is ive trained for 2-3 months 1 or 2 years ago i dont remember clearly what I was capable of but I want a brosplit now.
    Last edited by Blitzilla; 03-31-2019 at 08:56 AM.

leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't recommend PPL twice a week at all, tbh. I know some on here currently train 6 days a week with a PPL variant and see great results, and I respect that, but IMO training 6 days a week is so unnecessary unless you're really advanced. The most I would ever recommend is an UL/PPL 5 days a week. Vikings or Fierce 5 will do. Although, with those numbers you'd be far better off on a novice routine.

Sorey about that I will correct it as I can see how it can be interuprted that way. I was cutting when I was doing SS and those were the lifts I could remeber. I could barely squat,bench,clean with the bar when I first started, the bar being 20kgs. I have been in and out of the gym for around 7 years doing yoyo here and there. So am unsure if I am still called a novice or I can make newbie gains. I am trying to cut to 152lbs. If you have any other infomration based on this information I have stated I am all ears

Hey, I totally understand what you are saying. I have edited my OP and state that Vikings and Fierece 5 intermeteidate seem nice to me. I don't really want to do a novice routine as I did SS for 2-3 months last year and to me it just seems I am not progressing in terms of workout. I felt my workouts were finishing fast. Also to not I have been cutting since starting SS til now.

Hey, I totally understand what you are saying. I have edited my OP and state that Vikings and Fierece 5 intermeteidate seem nice to me. I don't really want to do a novice routine as I did SS for 2-3 months last year and to me it just seems I am not progressing in terms of workout. I felt my workouts were finishing fast. Also to not I have been cutting since starting SS til now.
    SS isn't the only novice routine. Check out vikings, fierce 5, all pros etc. and pick the one you'll enjoy the most.

Originally Posted by leidenesLK View Post
    SS isn't the only novice routine. Check out vikings, fierce 5, all pros etc. and pick the one you'll enjoy the most.
    Ok will do but most of them are 3 days which I do not like now.

Location: Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000) TonedJordan is just really nice. (+1000)
    You probably didnt progress because you were doing a novice strength routine while trying to cut. If you didn’t eat to gain weight, how did you plan to gain muscle and any decent strength?

Do fierce 5 NOVICE or another beginner routine and eat to gain weight.

You seriously would be wasting your time on a 6 day PPL with those numbers. 7 years on and off with a 40kg bench? To put it bluntly, your lifts are beginner, regardless of how much experience you think you have.

Also, you didn’t like 3 day because it felt like it wasn’t enough volume or because you didn’t make enough progress?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) onlyeatsprotein is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post
    You probably didnt progress because you were doing a novice strength routine while trying to cut. If you didn’t eat to gain weight, how did you plan to gain muscle and any decent strength?

You seriously would be wasting your time on a 6 day PPL with those numbers. 7 years on and off with a 40kg bench? To put it bluntly, your lifts are beginner, regardless of how much experience you think you have.

Also, you didn’t like 3 day because it felt like it wasn’t enough volume or because you didn’t make enough progress?
    Listen to this. Spoonfeeding the true advice.
    Whey8 for it...

78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TonedJordan View Post

Repped. OP, everything you need to know right now is in this post...
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

Hey, I still progressed if you read my editded OP above. I made progress even though I was cutting. I am not trying to gain weight atm, I am trying to cut weight to a good level then gain muscle. Atm I am fat no muscle. I am looking for a routine I can do while cutting.

REgarding the 7 years it has not been continous, it has been like yoyo 3 monht sthen a year later another three months etc. I don't think I have the experience you are talking about in terms of strength of lifts. But in terms of doing workouts I think I am above novice but that's just my thinking.

I didn't like 3 days spilts as I felt it was not enough volume. I MADE progress doing the program while cutting, from barely lifting the bar to my edited OP numbers.

I know, but I am not trying to gain weight. I am trying to lose weight/cut to 152lbs then I will start to add muscle at the moment I am all fat with no to little muscle. I am looking for a program that will help me cut if that makes any sense. I have also edited my OP.

I answered his questions I do belive he is right but what I am looking for is workout program to do while cutting. I am not bulking at this stage. I made good progress in my opinion compared to when I started SS for the duration I did it but I felt it was not enough volume and exercises.

78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 78novacaine has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dude. You are 5'5", 170#, you deadlift and squat less than your bodyweight, and bench half your bodyweight. You dont need to worry about cutting, you need to worry about getting stronger, period, end of story.
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    At this point its clear that the op womt listen to anyone. I mean hes weaker than a 6 month pregnant women yet still thinks he made progress. Why 152 lbs just starve ur self ull get there

Fair enough, I guess, ill just do the nvoice fierece 5 full body 3x spilt?

I made progress compared to when I started if going up in numbers is not progress I don't know what you are refering to? My numbers not going high enough for my body weight/ height? I am all ears but just wanted something where I could make some gains in terms of aesthics and cutting. The reason I am droping weight is because my current weight is all fat with no to little muscle. I have read many times that fat person should cut first then start bulk otherwise there is just excess fat that is going to be harder to get rid of. Plus its just a weight I want to hit and see how I feel, ideally I want to be 180lbs with most muscle but that is going to take time. I have done further research and have come to the conclusion of running feirece 5 novice 3x spilt full body while cutting and seeing how I go, but dont have high hopes in terms of aesthics but am sure that my numbers will go up.

I made progress compared to when I started if going up in numbers is not progress I don't know what you are refering to? My numbers not going high enough for my body weight/ height? I am all ears but just wanted something where I could make some gains in terms of aesthics and cutting. The reason I am droping weight is because my current weight is all fat with no to little muscle. I have read many times that fat person should cut first then start bulk otherwise there is just excess fat that is going to be harder to get rid of. Plus its just a weight I want to hit and see how I feel, ideally I want to be 180lbs with most muscle but that is going to take time. I have done further research and have come to the conclusion of running feirece 5 novice 3x spilt full body while cutting and seeing how I go, but dont have high hopes in terms of aesthics but am sure that my numbers will go up.
    Quit talking about cutting and eat at maintenance or slightly above like everyone in your f*cking thread is telling you to do. Or be a dumbass. Your choice.
    Permabulk/bloatlord Crew
    Tradie Crew
    HTC

ForestBear49 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smart Programming for 6 Days On

Eat more and check out Christian Thibadeau’s “The Best Damn Workout Plan for Natural Lifters” on T-Nation. It worked wonders for me, and the author still uses it in his own life. A smart way for a non-assisted lifter to approach 6 day frequency

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I didn't like 3 days spilts as I felt it was not enough volume. I MADE progress doing the program while cutting, from barely lifting the bar to my edited OP numbers.
    My squat went from 170lb to 300lb while I cut from 175lbs to 142lbs (went too far). This was on a 3day/week full body. You're pissing away your novice phase.

Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Blitzilla View Post
    these are not numbers from a rippetos SS completed program, these are typical skinny fat 170lbs male going into the gym for the first time. your clearly a beginner fire up SS again for 6 months and come back when u squat and deadlift over 300 and bench 200. or choose another beginner program. your not at a level to do a 6 day split
    and a snatch isnt in SS , its cleans

you should edit your OP, you make it sound as if you started 1 year ago kept going with SS and now was a time to move up to a brosplit. which in fact what it should say is ive trained for 2-3 months 1 or 2 years ago i dont remember clearly what I was capable of but I want a brosplit now.
    i agree. You didn't do SS if ya didnt finish it. Those numbers should be way higher and you should weigh more. Give it another run. Get a coaching sessiin in person if ya can

Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nubygaines is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no. You should recomp first which is what a proper run of SS Would do. Then eat slightly above maintensce until novice run is over then give cutting a try.you gotta have muscle to show when ya cut

I answered his questions I do belive he is right but what I am looking for is workout program to do while cutting. I am not bulking at this stage. I made good progress in my opinion compared to when I started SS for the duration I did it but I felt it was not enough volume and exercises.
    oh you felt it wasnt enough? Whew. That was close. Im glad thst you your feelings saved you from doing somethi g designed by...oh you know a 60 year old guy thats been lifting and coaching his entire adult life

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    If you ignore all this advice and do a PPL I'm going to ban you from this site. Be smart young padiwan.
    Experience, not just theory

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    If you ignore all this advice and do a PPL I'm going to ban you from this site. Be smart young padiwan.
    I found the solution for OP
    Run fierce 5 Monday/wednesday/friday
    Run all pro tueaday thursday/saturday
    Reat on sunday repeat

On a more serious note . Thanks for your program im beastmode progressing on it!

Someone already answered my question I had for you

Faryyykkk that is some bloody gains doubling your sqaut while cuttting. Good on you bro. How long have you been lifting? I think I am pass novice gains no? IM not being a dick but from what I have read novice is sually someone who hasnt lifted before or for a few months to a year. I ahve been in out of the gym for a couple of years does that still make me a novice? I thought once you FIRSt start lifting that's when you make all your noob gains and after that its just harder and I thought/ still think I pass the phase where I could make novice/noob gains. Cheers

Will think about it.