akskyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can I do a Pull-up workout the day after a push-up workout?

If my workout plan calls for me to do pushups one day and then pullups the next, does that affect muscle growth or should I put something else as that day in between instead? Does the overlap of say, using triceps, in both those exercises warrant more rest before doing so as to increase mass?

solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) solarfuel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by akskyle View Post
    If my workout plan calls for me to do pushups one day and then pullups the next, does that affect muscle growth or should I put something else as that day in between instead? Does the overlap of say, using triceps, in both those exercises warrant more rest before doing so as to increase mass?
    its ok to do pushups and pullups in the same day, all depends on your plan and goals. If you are looking to increase mass, you should check out the fierce 5 workouts (and follow them.)

Originally Posted by solarfuel View Post
    its ok to do pushups and pullups in the same day, all depends on your plan and goals. If you are looking to increase mass, you should check out the fierce 5 workouts (and follow them.)
    I would do so but for the time being I have to do calisthenics because I don't have access to much gym equipment right now

Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byronrutt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pull-ups and push-ups are totally different exercises. You don’t use triceps on pull-ups. There is no overlap.

Originally Posted by Byronrutt View Post
    Pull-ups and push-ups are totally different exercises. You don’t use triceps on pull-ups. There is no overlap.
    I was under the impression pull ups worked your triceps as well, but thank you

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by akskyle View Post
    I was under the impression pull ups worked your triceps as well, but thank you
    They might activate to some extent as stabilizers, but they aren't doing any actual work.

The primary function of your triceps is to extend your arm. Think about it, does that happen in the concentric portion of a pull up?
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541