splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)

Spare rack upright - wat do?

As a result of mediocre quality control, I ended up with an extra power rack upright (2"x3"). After sanding it down and getting the rust off, I can spray paint it (unless there is a more durable, but easy to apply alternative), so I can use it, but not sure what to use it for, and it seems a waste to just throw it away (actually, I'd have to haul it to the county disposal area). So please give me some ideas.

Also, I'll probably be getting a rack extension (2 uprights and crossbeams), to convert my 4 post rack to a 6 post rack.

Some ideas I've come up with (all of these would involve cutting the post to a length suitable for the application) :
    - as a shrimp trawler, though I'm not sure what I'd hang off it. Not a heavy bag, but maybe a speed bag.
    - as part of a DIY belt squat I'm considering building
    - maybe an upside down L shaped extension for rack mounted accessories - I'm specifically thinking of a rack-attached GHD (where the foot roller assembly mounts to the rack)
    - as DIY lever arms
    - as wall strips; i.e., bolt into stud, then you can use rack mounted accessories - GHD, dip attachment, etc.

solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by splitsquat View Post
    As a result of mediocre quality control, I ended up with an extra power rack upright (2"x3"). After sanding it down and getting the rust off, I can spray paint it (unless there is a more durable, but easy to apply alternative), so I can use it, but not sure what to use it for, and it seems a waste to just throw it away (actually, I'd have to haul it to the county disposal area). So please give me some ideas.

Also, I'll probably be getting a rack extension (2 uprights and crossbeams), to convert my 4 post rack to a 6 post rack.

Some ideas I've come up with (all of these would involve cutting the post to a length suitable for the application) :
    - as a shrimp trawler, though I'm not sure what I'd hang off it. Not a heavy bag, but maybe a speed bag.
    - as part of a DIY belt squat I'm considering building
    - maybe an upside down L shaped extension for rack mounted accessories - I'm specifically thinking of a rack-attached GHD (where the foot roller assembly mounts to the rack)
    - as DIY lever arms
    - as wall strips; i.e., bolt into stud, then you can use rack mounted accessories - GHD, dip attachment, etc.
    I bolted a few extra uprights to a wall and used them for plate storage, accesories, and the occasional dip. Was pretty nice. Ended up needing the wall space and took them down though. Would be a good use if you only have one.

If you can get a second for chepo, i would try to turn your 4 post into a 6 post.

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by solarfuel View Post
    I bolted a few extra uprights to a wall and used them for plate storage, accesories, and the occasional dip. Was pretty nice. Ended up needing the wall space and took them down though. Would be a good use if you only have one.

If you can get a second for chepo, i would try to turn your 4 post into a 6 post.
    I've got 6 on-rack plate storage posts, so I don't need the extra plate storage, but yeah, could be useful for rack mounted accessories. I suppose if I mounted the full upright to the wall, I could use the upper portion to store rack mounted accessories when not in use and keep them off the floor and otherwise out of the way.

I doubt I could get a second upright and 2 crossmembers (would need those too) for significantly less than the full rack extension kit (and the kit would also include a pullup bar, which I could make use of).

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Scrap it for cash bro, it will cover the gas getting there plus a few cool cents profit.

solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Scrap it for cash bro, it will cover the gas getting there plus a few cool cents profit.
    its scrap steel under 10 cents a pound? How heavy does that thing weigh

magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doesn't happen to be a Titan from a t3 short yoke, does it?

tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You know what’s amazing, when I go to the jeweler to buy a gold whatever for my wife and the guy is like ahhhhhhh it’s so expensive price of gold my friend..... then five minutes later when I wanna trade in an old gold piece he’s like ehhhhhh my friend price of gold very low........ same thing applies to the steel on gym Equipment.

magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tombro View Post
    You know what’s amazing, when I go to the jeweler to buy a gold whatever for my wife and the guy is like ahhhhhhh it’s so expensive price of gold my friend..... then five minutes later when I wanna trade in an old gold piece he’s like ehhhhhh my friend price of gold very low........ same thing applies to the steel on gym Equipment.
    After just dealing with a broken English speaking jeweler about having a wedding ring made from spare gold, I got a good laugh out of this. So accurate

leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mount it on the wall for accessory and weight storage. I bought 2 extra uprights with my rogue rack for this purpose. Mounted to the wall on each side of the rack - they work great for extra j-hooks, roller pad, monolift storage, weight pins/weight storage, etc. Much nicer than having rack accessories all over.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make a classy bumper for you car or truck.

Originally Posted by leonard1 View Post
    Mount it on the wall for accessory and weight storage. I bought 2 extra uprights with my rogue rack for this purpose. Mounted to the wall on each side of the rack - they work great for extra j-hooks, roller pad, monolift storage, weight pins/weight storage, etc. Much nicer than having rack accessories all over.
    So Rogue just sold you the extra uprights? I didn't have any luck trying that. How did you do it?

leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) leonard1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by magicmatt View Post
    So Rogue just sold you the extra uprights? I didn't have any luck trying that. How did you do it?
    They actually agreed to sell the extra uprights.

I actually ended up buying 2 racks that I morphed together for my purposes. The benefit was 2 extra uprights leftover. But, I priced the extra uprights through Rogue and they would have sold them to me if I purchased them with my order. Seemed like they would have sold them either way. This was approximately a year ago.

BTW - one thing I have found with rogue customer service is that it pays to call/ask twice, if you get a "no" the first time. Different CS agents seem to have different levels of training and experience - some just know how to get things done in there system. There have been a couple instances where I asked to buy individual items with an order - was told no by the first CS agent and told yes when I asked subsequently. My advice is ask more than one time when you get a "no".

Originally Posted by magicmatt View Post
    Doesn't happen to be a Titan from a t3 short yoke, does it?
    Nope