Reply
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline

    From Fat Dad to IFBB Pro to Transformation Coach - Ask your question if you have one

    Hey everyone! It has been a long time since I was on this forum. To be honest, I did not know it existed anymore. There were some "good days" here. I am in the business of helping as many people as possible on their transformation journey (I will say up front I am a "coach"). I went on my own transformation journey and became a physique IFBB pro competitor. Have not competed in a few years because the category has changed so much (I competed as a "lifetime drug free" competitor. I recorded my journey here on 2 threads:

    Soccerdad5 Journey to the IFBB Pro Stage in 2015...Fat dad to IFBB Pro

    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...21&pagenumber=

    Soccerdad's Journey to 1st NPC Physique Show - Diet & Training Log


    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...73&pagenumber=

    If you have any questions, feel free to leave your question here.
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 03-30-2019 at 01:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User grubman's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: United States
    Age: 52
    Posts: 4,215
    Rep Power: 95009
    grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    grubman is offline
    I have a question...

    What does “lifetime drug free” mean when in quotations?
    Can no longer abide the sexism, racism, homophobia, hostility, and Idiotic Trump cult on this site.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    I have a question...

    What does “lifetime drug free” mean when in quotations?
    Great question. Probably didn't need the quotations. I have heard people say they are drug free but for only a certain amount of time. I have never used steroids, HGH, cut drugs, TRT in my life. I pride myself in this because many in the competitor world this is not the case. I am not necessarily against TRT but do believe you can do some amazing things with your body without it by lifting, losing bodyfat and having a good diet.
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 03-30-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User johndoethethird's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Age: 50
    Posts: 781
    Rep Power: 2282
    johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000) johndoethethird is just really nice. (+1000)
    johndoethethird is offline
    How much of your initial 12 week bb tranformation in 2012 was muscle memory if you could put a % number on it?
    Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger 1yr log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177123801&p=1579584161
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Last otter standing Jtbny's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: New York, United States
    Posts: 14,384
    Rep Power: 102180
    Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Jtbny is offline
    Always one of my favorite transformations around here. Good to see you back.
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

    "Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Focus on yourself kimm4's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Age: 51
    Posts: 36,865
    Rep Power: 480107
    kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    kimm4 is online now
    No questions just nice to see you and welcome back!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

    Nutrition Coach/Trainer:
    http://www.iron-kim.com
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User HayZues Christi's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Age: 34
    Posts: 20,637
    Rep Power: 104346
    HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HayZues Christi is offline
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    I have never used steroids, HGH, cut drugs, TRT in my life. I have a good diet.


    Lmaooooooooooo.



    Negged.
    Ol' 71st street. The devil that birthed me.

    606 G0D.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User adamgentile's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2014
    Location: United States
    Age: 49
    Posts: 593
    Rep Power: 5832
    adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    adamgentile is offline
    Never sure how to take these posts, real or an advertising campaign? Anyways your thoughts on this goofball Jeremy Buendia?
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by johndoethethird View Post
    How much of your initial 12 week bb tranformation in 2012 was muscle memory if you could put a % number on it?
    Great question. I would say 80-90% of it. I had a lot of training before I got deconditioned. There aren't a lot of studies on muscle memory but I definitely believe in it as I transformed my body. I always tell people that if they have not had a lot of training before hand they can make some amazing progress on putting on muscle but when you have years of training in, you cannot replicate that.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Always one of my favorite transformations around here. Good to see you back.
    Thanks brother! I am glad someone remembers me Hope they continue this forum. BB.com could have used this so much better to promote this site. This community is so close and you can get some amazing information. I learned most of my stuff here and on the T-Nation forum.

    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    No questions just nice to see you and welcome back!
    Thank you Kim!! I am hitting the big 50 next year with you. We can still do this at our age. Resistance training is the fountain of youth!
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by adamgentile View Post
    Never sure how to take these posts, real or an advertising campaign? Anyways your thoughts on this goofball Jeremy Buendia?
    I get your feeling when you have not seen me before. Haven't been here in a while. I will just talk about the Men's physique division in general. It is crazy how big they let the IFBB pros go now. In fact, some of these IFBB pros who are in the physique division might not be able to make the weight limit in Classic Physique. This is how crazy it has gotten. Jeremy was a good ambassador for the sport in the sense he brought attention to it. Don't know how his life will be without it because this is really what he was known for. He gets a lot of hate on social and he fights back. A lot of jealousy from others.

    Men's physique an bikini saved the IFBB/NPC. The money they are making on these divisions is their cash cow now. Bodybuilding is its roots but MP and bikini is where the money comes from.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by HayZues Christi View Post
    Lmaooooooooooo.



    Negged.
    Always take this as a compliment when people don't believe me. I get it because my before and after looks radically different. Had about 18 years of training before being deconditioned. I competed on stage at 6' 1" and night before 184 lbs (that is skinny). Genetics play a role as you know too. I was a high school and college athlete with lots of weight training sessions. You being 32 just imagine what you will look like by my age of 48
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    anonymous
    Guest
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    Great question. Probably didn't need the quotations. I have heard people say they are drug fre" but for only a certain amount of time. I have never used steroids, HGH, cut drugs, TRT in my life. I pride myself in this because many in the competitor world this is not the case. I am not necessarily against TRT but do believe you can do some amazing things with your body without it by lifting, losing bodyfat and having a good diet.

    Last edited by Halfway; 03-30-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #14
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    I won't spend too much time on this one unless people want to but what makes you skeptical and why would I lie? I was 6'1" 184 night before a competition. That is "stickly." In fact my wife couldn't stand how I looked. My Adam's Apple would stick out and if I had a suit on people thought I was sick.

    Why do you not believe me? I am just curious. What "drug like" side effects can you see in my body on stage or in the photoshoot? Is it just the transition from where I was to where I was on stage? Would love to know. By the way, low bodyfat, great lighting, pump and getting carbs and sodium right help. In fact I wish I would not have carbed up so much in my last contest. Remember, you don't have to worry about being "watery" if you not on drugs. In fact, IFFB was very discouraging because of the all consumption of performance enhancing drugs. Thought I could compete in IFBB physique division without drugs. Not a chance. In fact, I probably couldn't place in a national qualifier NPC contest anymore.

    Last edited by soccerdad5; 03-30-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #15
    Last otter standing Jtbny's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: New York, United States
    Posts: 14,384
    Rep Power: 102180
    Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Jtbny is offline
    My only answer to "why would I lie" is to sell services to others under the guise of drug free expectations. Personally, I wouldn't even have thought you were "on" just seeing your stage pics. Its about what I'd expect a natty to bring when they have their diet and training dialed in. The photo shoot pic would have me question but like you said, lighting ect make a difference.

    We are the same height so I understand that at 185 you would look skinny rather than bulky. Hell, when I was at 198 2 years ago I looked way different than at my usual 220 and that's still about 15lbs away from your stage weight.

    Some of the issues some might have is the term "lifetime" natty. Many claim that when in fact they played on "turf" for years only to stop and make that claim (usually to shill their services or gain followers).

    My .02 on it. I think you look great, gear or not.
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

    "Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Reply With Quote

  16. #16
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    My only answer to "why would I lie" is to sell services to others under the guise of drug free expectations. Personally, I wouldn't even have thought you were "on" just seeing your stage pics. Its about what I'd expect a natty to bring when they have their diet and training dialed in. The photo shoot pic would have me question but like you said, lighting ect make a difference.

    We are the same height so I understand that at 185 you would look skinny rather than bulky. Hell, when I was at 198 2 years ago I looked way different than at my usual 220 and that's still about 15lbs away from your stage weight.

    Some of the issues some might have is the term "lifetime" natty. Many claim that when in fact they played on "turf" for years only to stop and make that claim (usually to shill their services or gain followers).

    My .02 on it. I think you look great, gear or not.
    Fair point. I could see people trying to sell their services on the guise of being lifetime drug free. I say it because I want people to know I have done it without drugs and it can be done. I can't stand it when people say they are lifetime drug free or drug free and are not. There are 2 IFBB pros in particular that used to say this and you knew they were not. Had classic physical signs. They don't claim to be now.

    I think being a coach who knows PEDs is way different from a coach who doesn't. Some of the same principles apply but PEDs are a different ballgame. You turn yourself into a scientist. If someone wanted to hire me as a coach and wanted me to coach them on how to take PEDs, I would not know the first thing about them.

    I was pretty naive about people using them until I got my pro card. It was actually pretty deflating knowing all the stuff these guy were taking and the coaches they had for their protocol.

    On my pics. Check out that Adam's apple and that skinny neck. Absolutely terrible looking. And the IFBB photographers actually makes you look bigger than you are. By the way on the photoshoot that was the day after my competition and as 95% of the competitors usually look better the day after their show. People are scared of spilling on competition day. That kind of vascularity would have been nice on competition day but it was hot on that photoshoot also and the auditorium we had that competition was super cold. Always fun to "Monday morning Quarterback" stuff.
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 03-30-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #17
    OCB Pro smokinal's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Posts: 5,737
    Rep Power: 87466
    smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    smokinal is offline
    I have a legit question for ya. I've been competing for a few years; starting in MP, then Classic, and now going into bodybuilding.
    I will say, although not necessary to do so as I'm a small guy, I'm lifetime natty as well. (that info may change your response)

    I'm 2 weeks out from my second show of the year. I've experimented with peak week protocols and have not really dialled into one I fully like.

    This is me 3 weeks ago


    And I'm on the far right here in my last show 2 weeks ago


    I usually come in around 6%

    I'd love to hear your peak week protocol concerning water, sodium and carbs. Timing and training as well.

    I know most competitors report they look better Monday morning; I've been there too. So I have been "carbing up" starting on Wed; keeping carbs high right through the show. I stay in a deficit until Wed, then go to maint with cals.
    I keep water normal until Fri afternoon when I shut off water and have 2 cups of red wine.
    Show day I eat a good amount of carbs with limited water. I also drink some salt water 2 hrs before I go on.

    This last show I feel I came in pretty good but I'm still missing that "gym" pump.
    I'm thinking I need to not cut back on water but I'm scared to lose my abs.

    Thoughts?
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    Reply With Quote

  18. #18
    Registered User HayZues Christi's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Age: 34
    Posts: 20,637
    Rep Power: 104346
    HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HayZues Christi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HayZues Christi is offline
    What are you selling?
    Ol' 71st street. The devil that birthed me.

    606 G0D.
    Reply With Quote

  19. #19
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I have a legit question for ya. I've been competing for a few years; starting in MP, then Classic, and now going into bodybuilding.
    I will say, although not necessary to do so as I'm a small guy, I'm lifetime natty as well. (that info may change your response)

    I'm 2 weeks out from my second show of the year. I've experimented with peak week protocols and have not really dialled into one I fully like.

    This is me 3 weeks ago


    And I'm on the far right here in my last show 2 weeks ago


    I usually come in around 6%

    I'd love to hear your peak week protocol concerning water, sodium and carbs. Timing and training as well.

    I know most competitors report they look better Monday morning; I've been there too. So I have been "carbing up" starting on Wed; keeping carbs high right through the show. I stay in a deficit until Wed, then go to maint with cals.
    I keep water normal until Fri afternoon when I shut off water and have 2 cups of red wine.
    Show day I eat a good amount of carbs with limited water. I also drink some salt water 2 hrs before I go on.

    This last show I feel I came in pretty good but I'm still missing that "gym" pump.
    I'm thinking I need to not cut back on water but I'm scared to lose my abs.

    Thoughts?
    You look good. I can't see underneath your shirt but you look like you will be coming in with good conditioning. I will be honest, I don't do anything too differently. Just really increase carbs from Wed-Friday. I have front loaded carbs before on Monday and didn't really like the pop in my physique. I just make sure I am ready early and then am able to test a carb up protocol 3 weeks before my contest. I wouldn't go crazy and do anything too differently. You can't make drastic changes the week before and 95% of the time if you do some crazy protocol your body will fight back and not do what you want it to do. You will actually screw up everything you prepared for. A lot of people have the excuse they weren't ready because the last week protocol or day before protocol wasn't good. Usually the reason they didn't come in good is because they weren't in shape coming into the contest.

    I actually keep my water normal and increase my sodium like you do before I get on stage. I cut water one contest and all it made me do is hold water. I kept it normal. I think guys who are doing drug protocols have to do water cutting so they don't hold water.

    I think your protocol sounds good. I wouldn't change it too much. In fact, I don't like it when coaches feed hamburgers to their clients when they have not eaten hamburgers throughout prep. You don't want to throw your body any curve balls the last week. It usually doesn't respond well.

    Any coach that says they have a "magic peak week" protocol is a coach you want to run away from.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #20
    OCB Pro smokinal's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Posts: 5,737
    Rep Power: 87466
    smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    smokinal is offline
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    You look good. I can't see underneath your shirt but you look like you will be coming in with good conditioning. I will be honest, I don't do anything too differently. Just really increase carbs from Wed-Friday. I have front loaded carbs before on Monday and didn't really like the pop in my physique. I just make sure I am ready early and then am able to test a carb up protocol 3 weeks before my contest. I wouldn't go crazy and do anything too differently. You can't make drastic changes the week before and 95% of the time if you do some crazy protocol your body will fight back and not do what you want it to do. You will actually screw up everything you prepared for. A lot of people have the excuse they weren't ready because the last week protocol or day before protocol wasn't good. Usually the reason they didn't come in good is because they weren't in shape coming into the contest.

    I actually keep my water normal and increase my sodium like you do before I get on stage. I cut water one contest and all it made me do is hold water. I kept it normal. I think guys who are doing drug protocols have to do water cutting so they don't hold water.

    I think your protocol sounds good. I wouldn't change it too much. In fact, I don't like it when coaches feed hamburgers to their clients when they have not eaten hamburgers throughout prep. You don't want to throw your body any curve balls the last week. It usually doesn't respond well.

    Any coach that says they have a "magic peak week" protocol is a coach you want to run away from.
    Thank you for your thoughts. I agree and plan to keep it that way as well.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    Reply With Quote

  21. #21
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    I used to do a lot of carb cycling and now have stayed away from it with my regular clients because I believe it is easier to comply for them. I have put competitor clients on carb cycling but only up it when energy is very low and hunger level is very high. I am not a big fan of a cheat meal unless you are at low bodyfat level and body can really use it.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #22
    Bigger Badder Bama bamazav's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
    Posts: 7,660
    Rep Power: 23278
    bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bamazav is offline
    I too remember seeing you around in the past. Welcome back and congrats on doing what 90% of the folks in these forums will never do, get on stage.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

    1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

    Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #23
    Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Age: 47
    Posts: 9,912
    Rep Power: 109520
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    induced_drag is online now
    Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    ... I am in the business of helping as many people as possible on their transformation journey (I will say up front I am a "coach")..
    Ok....I have to say I feel the same way. I dont charge for doing it. I help people all the time on the form and IRL.

    If your post is to announce that you are here to help people and guide them on thier way to success, I think it would be great. More people should 'give back.

    If you are selling something.....well as you can see most in the >35 are kinda over those types of sales pitch.

    Funny thing. I train people all the time, I also help many people 'lose' weight, and set them up on programs. In my real life gym, people often asked me for help on form with certain exercises. I came to the conclusion that I could never charge for this. One trait I have seen with many coaches (not saying this is you), they make everything seem so complicated. But the truth is nutrition is simple. Simple does not sell though. When I tell people the simple parameters that govern weight loss/weight gain, mass and strength gains, most people look at me like I am nuts. Too many people selling stuff and 'secret' tips that will work to accelerate one's progress.

    The >35 needs more people that really train. Welcome. Dont really care if you are natural or not. I can still tell the work is there.

    100% real feedback: The only think that might make me suspect is your signifigant overdevelopment of your delts without similar development of the supporting muscles that would be built alongside to build such big delts. Generally a give away to signifigant androgen use since androgen recptors in delts and neck area often respond greater and more quickly. We have all seen the dudes in the gym with huge delts and the turn to the side and have no back thickness to match delts that size. Again, I dont care regardless. But from the pics I can see, your delts look overpowering to the rest of your physique. Or maybe you just have naturally large delts for your frame size. Great work regardless.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be
    Reply With Quote

  24. #24
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    I too remember seeing you around in the past. Welcome back and congrats on doing what 90% of the folks in these forums will never do, get on stage.
    Thanks brother appreciate it!
    Reply With Quote

  25. #25
    Registered User soccerdad5's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Cypress, Texas, United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,188
    Rep Power: 6565
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    soccerdad5 is offline
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Ok....I have to say I feel the same way. I dont charge for doing it. I help people all the time on the form and IRL.

    If your post is to announce that you are here to help people and guide them on thier way to success, I think it would be great. More people should 'give back.

    If you are selling something.....well as you can see most in the >35 are kinda over those types of sales pitch.

    Funny thing. I train people all the time, I also help many people 'lose' weight, and set them up on programs. In my real life gym, people often asked me for help on form with certain exercises. I came to the conclusion that I could never charge for this. One trait I have seen with many coaches (not saying this is you), they make everything seem so complicated. But the truth is nutrition is simple. Simple does not sell though. When I tell people the simple parameters that govern weight loss/weight gain, mass and strength gains, most people look at me like I am nuts. Too many people selling stuff and 'secret' tips that will work to accelerate one's progress.

    The >35 needs more people that really train. Welcome. Dont really care if you are natural or not. I can still tell the work is there.

    100% real feedback: The only think that might make me suspect is your signifigant overdevelopment of your delts without similar development of the supporting muscles that would be built alongside to build such big delts. Generally a give away to signifigant androgen use since androgen recptors in delts and neck area often respond greater and more quickly. We have all seen the dudes in the gym with huge delts and the turn to the side and have no back thickness to match delts that size. Again, I dont care regardless. But from the pics I can see, your delts look overpowering to the rest of your physique. Or maybe you just have naturally large delts for your frame size. Great work regardless.
    Yes, I am here to help for free. If you someone wants to ask about my services, I will send them information by email. A lot of people need guidance and accountability. They need to be shown it is simple. As I have progressed in my coaching through the years I have emphasized a more simple approach because as we know the main key to making any progress is CONSISTENCY OVER TIME.

    Good feedback on the delt piece. That one photoshoot pic has the lighting making the delt look really big (never noticed that). As you can see my neck super skinny. It would be interesting if I decided to do PED's because I truly believe I could then compete with the IFBB guys. Lots of downside to that lifestyle. Knowing my personality probably would be addictive for me.

    Keep helping others!
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts