Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Boarderlands 3

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It has been a while since I have played them so might be a bit off base, but I don't think Borderlands 2 was a huge departure from the original either. It has been mostly the same thing throughout but with tweaks to the combat mechanics, weaponry, etc etc

The new mantling ability in the third iteration will blow things up vertically and should be an awesome change, and the sliding mechanic will spice up combat. Throw in tweaks like that and combine it with the usual humor, great environment / level design, and new loot, and I'll be happy af

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by R3L3NTL3SS View Post
    From the game play I watched, all that stuff certainly looks considerably more smooth than it was in any previous title.
    I'm also speaking to the game play that IGN just exclusively dropped Monday. If you can watch that 14 minute video and not agree that the game overall seems better than any previous title, I don't know what's wrong with you.

I'm expecting the game to be the best in the series, by a decent margin. I think they learned a lot from bl2 as I think all of their dlc's got progressively better

That being said, I want it for PC and I am NOT getting download the epic games store and don't want to wait 6 months for the exclusivity period to end. I have a non-pro ps4 so I might wait a little bit to see how it performs on that. If it does 1080@60 on the base ps4 then I'll unfortunately get that instead...maybe.
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bartosh View Post
    I'm expecting the game to be the best in the series, by a decent margin. I think they learned a lot from bl2 as I think all of their dlc's got progressively better

That being said, I want it for PC and I am NOT getting download the epic games store and don't want to wait 6 months for the exclusivity period to end. I have a non-pro ps4 so I might wait a little bit to see how it performs on that. If it does 1080@60 on the base ps4 then I'll unfortunately get that instead...maybe.
    I'm playing it on PC. Fuking hate Epic, but at the end of the day, it's just a launcher. No big deal.

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can't just take a game that looks like BL 1, 2, and DLC's and suddenly make it look like RDR2 or some ****. That's not how it works lol. You wouldn't even feel like you were even playing a BL title at that point. Frankly, I'd be annoyed if they did deviate from the graphics is has. They sharpened everything up and made the colors a lot nicer in this one. That's plenty enough of an upgrade to me.

And let's be real, no one is playing a fuking BL title because "omg the graphics are incredible!" You play it because they game play is 10/10 and the story line is usually a solid 8/10+. Also the characters are fuking hilarious.
    Yup. I would expect maybe a little sharpened/refined gameplay as they improve the engine naturally. Every one of them was a blast to just play, singular or multi, and BL1 was one of the first games i played over.

Other than that, it's like getting pissed that the next Bond film is about a British spy who shags some hot chicks and donkey punches a bad guy.
    MFC
    Misc Cologne Crew | **BBC** | Aventus Friday Crew

RIP YGST

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm playing it on PC. Fuking hate Epic, but at the end of the day, it's just a launcher. No big deal.
    From a security standpoint, it's a huge risk to have that launcher installed on your computer. And that's not even going into their non existent customer service/terrible business practices. But I won't install for the security issues alone.

The company I works for has a tool within cybersecurty that browses the web for information associated with you, including passwords. The password I used for a dummy Epic games account was found by the tool in a month. Twice for two separate accounts(~1.5 years ago, ~6 months ago). So I don't know how often their info leaks but it's often enough that I don't want to use them.
    Last edited by bartosh; 08-07-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    MS, Computer Science

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From a security standpoint, it's a huge risk to have that launcher installed on your computer. And that's not even going into their non existent customer service/terrible business practices. But I won't install for the security issues alone.

The company I works for has a tool within cybersecurty that browses the web for information associated with you, including passwords. The password I used for a dummy Epic games account was found by the tool in a month. Twice for two separate accounts(~1.5 years ago, ~6 months ago). So I don't know how often their info leaks but it's often enough that I don't want to use them.
    Lmao, wtf. Didn't know about any of that. Guess I need to change my password on my epic account to something different than the rest of my chit.

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Apparently Take-Two (the publishers of Borderlands) went crazytown on a Youtuber for "leaking" Borderlands 3 information that was grabbed from Twitch screengrabs on the updating thumbnail i.e., incompetence.

Pretty nuts, but not surprising given what a scummy company Take-Two is empirically.

~~~

Anyway, I was much more interested before the Steam Summer sale which had their silly meta game that awarded you a boatload of points for playing older games [x] amount of minutes to cash in on your achievements. The first game I whipped out was Borderlands 2, and it was fine, but the level gating and piss-quality early weapons wore on me, so I switched to Doom 2016 and loaded whatever the last save I had going.

Wow. Turns out it was against the final boss, but I still had more fun fighting that single enemy over and over until I eventually won. Although I hadn't played either game in ages, Doom was a breeze to pick up and the one shooter I willingly returned to well after the sale event. And that was just to blow through old levels I had seen dozens of times before, whereas Borderlands 2 has the new free* pre-BL3 content still untouched.

*Ahem, not anymore for anyone late to the party. For real, they want $15 for that garbage, and no, it's not even thrown into the Handsome Collection.

The gameplay looks improved, but not, "however long it's been since BL2/Pre-Sequel" improved - especially when we have other modern shooters to compare it against.

What worries me now that I'm thinking about it taking a microtransactions-laden route, alongside being on Epic, is how locked down the game itself is this time. Borderlands 2 actually has fan-made overhauls that change the weapons, loot, and a lot of numerical values that I can just see Gearbox locking down, leaving us stuck with however the game is balanced. This might seem benign on the surface, but given the RNG loot nature of the game and how companies exploit that to incentivize purchases (see: Call of Duty post-launch shenanigans), I'm not trusting Gearbox/Take- Two with any of that.
    Newest Zane trailer:

Sort of a Zane overview (if you google, you can find more in depth info about his kill trees).
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2...-ways-to-play/
    I typically don't like the stealth classes, but Zane comes across more as a hybrid who improves upon Zero by a wide margin.

What makes me happy about Zane is confirmation of Cryo returning:
    Winter's Drone: Converts SNTNL's primary weapons to Cryo Damage.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-3-skill-trees/

Overall, I'm surprised to say that he's now looking like my favorite class to play with, especially since his tone seems to match the game. Amara I'm more ambivalent towards, but reading her trees has me slightly more interested.

I have to say, though, that Moze... did not fit my expectations at all and came off pretty cringe-inducing, ironically. I was thinking either Russian (because Iron Bear) or not-so-serious (let alone edgy) given that she looks like Tiny Tina or Gaige with more armor. That wouldn't be such a big deal in the older games, but apparently the characters play a much larger role this time in the story interaction like at the very least to Pre-Sequel levels, and we might not even get any more new characters this time.

The most recent gameplay footage as Moze (same starting area as the first reveal that was with Amara) confirms that she has the personality of uncooked ramen. Seriously - her in-game remark to seeing the boss is, "Oh look, dead meat."

Fukkin really? BL2 had genuinely entertaining character commentary, which also leaves me wondering what happened to everyone else other than Maya? It's just weird because these new characters/skills look like they were trying to mash together everything from the past game with only a few slightly new gimmicks in the larger scheme of things. My personal theory on that is because they're not going to be adding any new characters, they're cramming these four to compensate.

And to that, I think: would Bl2 have been as good without Gaige and Krieg? No, no it would not have been because having 50% more variety to play through the same content is a massive multiplier for replayability, particularly if you're like me and don't even bother with Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode because of how obnoxiously balanced around bullet sponginess it was to be enjoyable. Using myself as an example, I plain did not like playing as Zero, so that was like having an entire possible playthrough eliminated; if even only one BL3 character just isn't fun to play with, that's not only like 25% feeling like bunk, but assuming that they do not decide to change course, all of that character's expansions accumulate as content potentially not worthwhile.

Indeed, and Epic takes security about as seriously as their pathetic excuse for a store, i.e. it doesn't even have a cart.

There is also the matter of how this isn't just a launcher, but an account that holds onto all of your purchases. If the launcher and your account gets compromised, everything that you bought is gone out the window.
    Lmao, wtf. Didn't know about any of that. Guess I need to change my password on my epic account to something different than the rest of my chit.
    I'd recommend reading up on Epic's launcher and the history of people having their accounts locked because of third parties intentionally screwing with you and taking advantage of Epic's substandard security protocol.

If that wasn't incentive enough, just remember that Epic is essentially 50% China (49.99% or so ha ha), and the rest is this peto-looking kuntwaffle:
    Spoiler!
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask

Originally Posted by nkiritsis13 View Post
    Apparently Take-Two (the publishers of Borderlands) went crazytown on a Youtuber for "leaking" Borderlands 3 information that was grabbed from Twitch screengrabs on the updating thumbnail i.e., incompetence.

[youtube]8kmC0NZShfM[/youtbe]
    Pretty nuts, but not surprising given what a scummy company Take-Two is empirically.
    I was just watching Supmatto's response video yesterday about it. Insane that they literally sent private investigators to the poor dudes home and literally interrogated him in his house over doing absolutely nothing wrong or illegal. I mean, he's a ****ing moron for ever agreeing to even let them in his home in the first place, but still.
    Supmatto is probably one of, if not THE biggest BL fanboys on the planet. So these fukheads intimidated/infringed on the poor guy (their biggest damn supporter/fan) to the extent that he said in his video that he just wants/needs to step away from BL all together and says he doesn't even know if he will play BL3.

It should be noted that to my knowledge - all of this had NOTHING to do with 2K Games or Gearbox.
    Last edited by R3L3NTL3SS; 08-07-2019 at 02:06 PM.

hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000) hackfunnigans is just really nice. (+1000)
    What kind of improvements would you expect visually from a game with such graphics? They can only visually change so much before it doesn't feel like a BL game anymore. As for the other guy talking about the environment looking the same...well....it's teh fuking world of BL? What do you want it to look like? Also - we haven't seen any game play from some of the other planets we will be able to play on (that I'm aware of) which may very well look considerably different than Pandora.
    That said, I do find that the colors are nicer and crispness are much improved over previous titles.
    As far as everything else, it seems much upgraded in a lot of ways over previous games to me. Particularly in the skill trees. A place where 2K has gotten **** in the past is skill trees feeling like not much thought went into them. I don't get that this time. These skill trees and individual skills actually seem much more thought out and fun.
    Regardless - they didn't have to change much. BL is a proven formula of success. They've sold approaching 50 million copies of BL games with all titles pre BL3 combined. They know their formula works and they know people will buy and love BL3.
    I think they could have added some kill animation physics or something of that nature.

Graphics wise I understand it’s the style they’re going for, but it looks more like they skinned over the previous game and I expected more. We’ll see about enemy variety as well because I thought that had more to do with the PS3 limitations than specifically going for a repetitive formula.

I also would have liked them to build on the points scoring system. Something like Bulletstorm where you would get multipliers or bonuses for insane kills.

I’m obviously nitpicking, as the things that will keep the game fresh for me will have more to do with the skill trees and the character feel. Day 1 pickup and I’m sure it will be solid, but my hopes were pretty high until I saw the gameplay.

ideally keep all your passwords different but yeah, most definitely keep the epic account entirely different lol
    MS, Computer Science

jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it coming out on SteaM? Anyone wanna play with me? Add me on Steam my nick is Dazian
    You are your thoughts. Life is perception, thoughts are perception, perception is reality ergo thoughts are reality, I think therefore I am.
    ░▒▓█Team Dreamville█▓▒░
    08/08/2011. the day the aesthetics died. never forget.
    (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。 ✧。*・゜
    What's a God to a non-believer?

Originally Posted by jmal2000 View Post
    Is it coming out on SteaM? Anyone wanna play with me? Add me on Steam my nick is Dazian
    I'm sure eventually it will. Not anytime soon though. For PC it's exclusively available through Epic only. I don't know for how long.

Lmao, Epic fuking up even more. No pre loading of the game will be available before launch. Literally 7 years ago when BL2 launched, that was a feature. Now, 7 years later, Epic still can't offer it on their ****ty ass launcher.

Originally Posted by jmal2000 View Post
    I'm sure eventually it will. Not anytime soon though. For PC it's exclusively available through Epic only. I don't know for how long.
    Apparently after 6 months on Epic's junky ass "store" it will be available else where. All the other BL titles are on Steam so I would imagine BL3 will be on Steam as well after the 6 month period.

nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nkiritsis13 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Flak's video and skill tree:

Skills/Skill Tree

So... apparently Flak is the sniper, too? It actually makes a lot of sense with him being a hunter/beastmaster, but it also adds to my own feeling that they've kind of mashed together a bunch of classes from the past games into giant conglomerations.

But also I happened to see this in my Youtube feed, read the title and said to myself, "this can't be fukking serious...", and yeah... it was, and yeah, you're going to sh*t bricks:

Seriously: Fukk this ghey earth, fukk Gearbox, fukk Borderlands, and from here on out, I'm referring to him as Fl4aggot.

I was just watching Supmatto's response video yesterday about it. Insane that they literally sent private investigators to the poor dudes home and literally interrogated him in his house over doing absolutely nothing wrong or illegal. I mean, he's a ****ing moron for ever agreeing to even let them in his home in the first place, but still.
    Supmatto is probably one of, if not THE biggest BL fanboys on the planet. So these fukheads intimidated/infringed on the poor guy (their biggest damn supporter/fan) to the extent that he said in his video that he just wants/needs to step away from BL all together and says he doesn't even know if he will play BL3.

It should be noted that to my knowledge - all of this had NOTHING to do with 2K Games or Gearbox.
    Yeah, and I guess it's not the first time Take-Two has gone overkill when it comes to harassing people, although apparently 2K is in on it, too, and now it's confirmed they were the ones who issued the Youtube copyright strike barrage:

"Take Two and 2K take the security and confidentiality of trade secrets very seriously. The action we’ve taken is the result of a 10-month investigation and a history of this creator profiting from breaking our policies, leaking confidential information about our product, and infringing our copyright," 2K said.

"The information he’s sharing about the situation [in his new video] is incomplete, and in some cases untrue. Not only were many of his actions illegal, but they were negatively impacting the experience of other content creators and our fans in anticipation for the game."

I mean... saying that looking at public thumbnails on a public platform their dumb-dumb employees were using instead of something internal reads like a meme:

I also don't see how this could possibly have any sort of negative impact on anyone looking forward to the game, and if any of this information truly was incorrect, why they didn't bother addressing it like any not-sociopathic company by releasing the real info via the press for some publicity?

As someone who has put in a ton of hours into BL2, the only negative impressions that I've gotten over Bl3 are directly from things revealed by the developers themselves, because if the leaks are generally these*, those actually sparked my interest.

*Just limited the google search time frame for "leak" to before May to avoid this current kerfuffle.

When these Official BL3 Twitch accounts were flashed before all to simply look up and follow, the only leaker is Take-Two/2K/Gearbox; they might not have intended to leave breadcrumbs, but they apparently underestimated the combination of fan dedication and anticipation, as well as foolish enough to use official, insider Twitch accounts as public examples. The whole lot can go whistle-blow themselves if they seriously consider this some kind of insidious act.

Specifically addressing the main way that Take-Two does hold influence on 2K Games/Gearbox/BL3 is that they're the parent company, and they are notoriously greedy. Hell, their CEO was the one who said that Take Two is under-monetizing its users. This is the same company that owns GTA 5/GTA Online, so it's kind of like Disney complaining about not also owning the Vatican.

man, this was my most hyped game for the last 2-3 years. I've been waiting so long for it and now it's looking more and more like I won't be buying this game

Spoiler!
    Last edited by bartosh; 09-07-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    MS, Computer Science

man, this was my most hyped game for the last 2-3 years. I've been waiting so long for it and now it's looking more and more like I don't be buying this game

Spoiler!
    ...go on...

jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Epic Games will have multiplayer mode right? And will transfer over to steam I'm hoping
    You are your thoughts. Life is perception, thoughts are perception, perception is reality ergo thoughts are reality, I think therefore I am.
    ░▒▓█Team Dreamville█▓▒░
    08/08/2011. the day the aesthetics died. never forget.
    (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。 ✧。*・゜
    What's a God to a non-believer?

man, this was my most hyped game for the last 2-3 years. I've been waiting so long for it and now it's looking more and more like I don't be buying this game

Spoiler!
    Mate, I hear you. I put so many hours into BL2, played through characters again and again, and even wound up throwing together my own custom mod combo before when they were a bunch of random text strings posted up on (I think) github.

But none of the actual reveals have made me excited, be it the initial reveals, or now that we're getting long looks at the actual gameplay. None of them.

The biggest advancement I've seen is the lighting and effects, with a visible sheen that certainly lifts the art style far beyond what the past games were capable of achieving, but the gameplay itself looks like it has received the least amount of polish and updating to match.

What stands out to me with BL2 fresh enough in my mind is that other than the incredible visual update, there is very little dynamism between the player and enemies, with the gameplay almost taking on the art style by being stiff and cartoonish itself.

Enemies still run at the player, who pretty much stands with the trigger pulled until the numbers (and blood) stop flying out of them, as those same enemies still soak up bullets with next to no reaction or response other than brief staggers (e.g. headshots) until they eventually keel over.

Player movement in particular is noticeably clunky and awkward, which I can excuse with BL2 as a product of its time, but these days it is inexcusable given the wealth of shooter options that can at least offer passable fluidity to their combat. Once I got a taste of Doom 2016, the only way I could play Borderlands 2 from then on was to load up cheat engine and use the speed+jump boost; now with the news that BL3 will be using Denuvo on top of its microtransactions, that's another reason for me to wait it out to see if they somehow screw that up, too.

Back to the gameplay concerns, Gearbox certainly hasn't scaled back the melee enemies, arguably doubling down quite a bit with that big pseudo-T-Rex monster and the smaller "jabber" enemies, but they have done nothing to address how frustrating and lackluster that aspect was in the previous titles.

The T-Rex thing mentioned above really does just sit there and take rockets to the face until the second its health bar hits zero, bursting into flames from an incendiary grenade, and the jabbers/badass jabber sort of indecisively mill about, unsure of whether or not to smack the player as they're getting plastered with bullets. Alright, I'm currently playing Monster Hunter World, and there is nothing like perfectly timing a greatsword strike to the gaping maw of a tyrannodragon, watching him flail around from the impact. So if I'm using a Torgue weapon that is firing rockets for bullets, I bloody better well feel like I'm firing a handheld missile artillery system, not shooting off extra large nerf rounds.

I can't help but think to the Doom Eternal Quakecon presentation as a contrast, specifically with the one developer's description of it being a, "thinking man's shooting game." Time and again, the player is forced to think on their feet, push the advantage, and be an aggressive tactician; not once do you see them standing there holding the trigger. Enemies recoil from the gunshots, react to getting hit, and are constantly trying to match the Doomslayer's aggression with their own maneuvering and counterattacks.

Last, a bit of a nitpick, but I am admittedly disappointed that they're returning to the whole, "Crimson Raiders," Lilith still popping up in your face, blah blah blah story. Taken straight from Wikipedia, this is the original game's core plot:
    "The game's story focuses on a group of four 'Vault Hunters', who travel to the distant planet Pandora to hunt down an alien vault, rumored to contain advanced alien technology, finding themselves battling the local wildlife and bandit population, but ultimately attempting to stop the head of a private corporation army from reaching the vault first."
    In essence, you're a mercenary (some of the BL2 the badasses from the Torgue DLC at least would straight up call you "merc"), so why can't we please just do more merc'n and less being Claptrap and Lilith's sticker-bitch? Especially if, for whatever reason, we're not playing any of the old vault hunters - although that would definitely warrant a CJ, "here we go again" meme...
    Spoiler!

If I weren't already content waiting it out for games these days, the Epic delay would have still been the final nail to "wait and see" for me because between the red flags and, well, Take-Two being at the root of all this, I'm not finding any downsides to seeing whether the meat of Borderlands 3 is fresh or rancid with dated designs, as well as whether the promises begin to break.

DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidDavid101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Through all this time I think BL2 is the best!

Six days!

twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) twovalvekid has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thinking i will dig Fl4k the best. Something about the character seems cool.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Originally Posted by twovalvekid View Post
    Thinking i will dig Fl4k the best. Something about the character seems cool.
    Gonna be rolling with Zane. His digi clone skill tree is looking like he will be a fking dmg monster.

Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000) Oranix is just really nice. (+1000)
    Zane crew checking in. Clone + Sentinel is what im running with. I alwys liked the kill skill based characters. looking forward to next thursday 9pm

Gonna be rolling with Zane. His digi clone skill tree is looking like he will be a fking dmg monster.
    Was thinking that...then thought it would be quick to get nerf'd if so.
    MFC

RIP YGST

Hope not. That would be lame.

Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    they rarely nerf things in borderlands unless they are broken

i dig that everyone is having some sort of pet in BL3
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 Crew
    Conspiracy Crew

Originally Posted by Budjola View Post
    they rarely nerf things in borderlands unless they are broken

i dig that everyone is having some sort of pet in BL3
    It's nice that they gave thought to the fact that not everyone plays co op. I solo'd all of BL, BL2 and PS. So its important to me to have characters with skill trees strong enough that soloing isn't so damn hard.

TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TyGuy505 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Releases tomorrow at 7est on PC hnnnngggggg can’t wait
    Mets Packers Knicks UCONN

535/410/680 - gym lifts

500/380/683 - meet lifts

$$ CT BALLER CREW $$

Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Judgment has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TyGuy505 View Post
    Releases tomorrow at 7est on PC hnnnngggggg can’t wait
    I'm hyped too. Was going Zane but think I'll go Amara because I love melee builds.