enjoybtc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Huge legs, small upper body...why?

I’ve always had huge legs... and i annoys me, I’m not sure how to make them smaller, when I’m training leg, they only get bigger. And I’m to skinny to shred. What can I do?? I wanna build muscle on my upper body, but I wanna lose leg mass... any tips on what to do?
    Last edited by enjoybtc; 03-25-2019 at 02:53 PM.

JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by enjoybtc View Post
    I’ve always had huge legs... and i annoys me, I’m not sure how to make them smaller, when I’m training leg, they only get bigger. And I’m to skinny to shred. What can I do?? I wanna build muscle on my upper body, but I wanna lose leg mass...
    Weight and height? Also, maybe you should post a picture of your current physique for better advice.
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173521121

Height: 174 cm

Weight: 154 pound/ 70kg

imgur. com/a/jljQ8LA

I’m not allowed to share links, because I’m new on this sites so there is a space between Imgur. And com

Thx for reply!

StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StLaurent785 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wish my quads looked like that :/

Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I’ve always had huge legs... and i annoys me, I’m not sure how to make them smaller, when I’m training leg, they only get bigger. And I’m to skinny to shred. What can I do?? I wanna build muscle on my upper body, but I wanna lose leg mass... any tips on what to do?
    Lift hard with the upper half and don't train legs quite as much?

Mine are the same way lol. almost 17" calves, but 13.5" arms.
    1. Married crew * Left handed crew * Poetry crew * Always pick 4 crew * D&D crew * No cellphone crew
    3. Grelko is currently being renovated, please leave a message at the beep
    4. Quest - Searching for the holy grail of 50/30/20 High carb
    5. No supplement diet
    7. Started Feb 2012 @ 250 lbs 31% BF
    8. Down to 178.8 lbs summer of 2015
    9. Restarted April 13th, 2020 at 224.5 lbs
    10. Going for ??? 5% BF ?
    11. Long term goal 235 lbs @ 8-12% BF
    12. *Twelve line crew*

I’ve never trained my legs, I’m not lying now... I’ve always had to big legs, I was bullied as child because of my legs. So my dream is to get small legs. I want them to be smaller, I really hate them like they are now..

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your legs aren't that big, definitely not rising to the level of huge. They are just lean. Add some fat (i.e., gain weight) if you don't like seeing the muscle. But this is a bodybuilding site and I would hope that nobody suggests losing mass.

I think they are huge compared to my other body part. ofc if you are just trying to compare my legs with other people with huge legs they Might not be that huge. But I think they are waaay to big compared to my other body parts. and no, adding more fat, or gaining more weight to hide my leg muscle sounds stupid, when I said I want them smaller.... but I appreciate the tip.

I would like to say this site is to obtain your dream body, even if that’s about going down in mass, going up in mass, or just wanna be healthy. It’s not unhealthy going down in mass, and it’s not weird ( if you ask me ).

I would like to lose leg mass, and add some upper body mass. If you have any tips please feel free to share, I appreciate every tip

JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JoeDelts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like I said...You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would like to say this site is to obtain your dream body, even if that’s about going down in mass, going up in mass, or just wanna be healthy. It’s not unhealthy going down in mass, and it’s not weird ( if you ask me ).

I would like to lose leg mass, and add some upper body mass. If you have any tips please feel free to share, I appreciate every tip
    Well, that’s partially true. This is a bodybuilding site, which by its very definition is to build muscle. You are wanting to dismantle muscle.

Your best option to get what you want is to solely work your upper body while eating in a calorie surplus to fuel the upper body muscle growth. If you aren’t doing leg exercises your quad muscles won’t magically grow bigger, and as your upper body grows your legs will begin to look normal to you.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheUnderdog83 View Post
    Your best option to get what you want is to solely work your upper body while eating in a calorie surplus to fuel the upper body muscle growth. If you aren’t doing leg exercises your quad muscles won’t magically grow bigger, and as your upper body grows your legs will begin to look normal to you.
    This is correct. You don't even need to completely forgo leg exercises. Just don't progress on them.

You're 154 at 5'8". That's pretty light. If you haven't been lifting and eating to grow, your upper body is likely underdeveloped, as opposed to your lower body being overdeveloped. Do you lift, what program are you following, how long have you been following it, and how much are you eating?

I guess if you are looking at this that way, you can say it’s wrong. But when you are shredding after bulking you will lose body mass...? Because you are not eating as much calories and lifting lighter weights or you do more intense workout.

I’m kinda looking for some tips like shredding but, I don’t want a full body shred, only on my legs.
    Maybe it’s not possible. I’m just hoping somebody have gone through my problem with having big legs and fixed it

I’ve been training for almost one month time now, and I notice I’m building muscle pretty fast on my upper body. So yeah maybe the best idea is to build my upper body bigger. ( but still my dream is small legs)

Thx for reply and help spradish! I’m 3 weeks in my program now, and I usually eats 2000 calories a day. I’m going to post a picture of me today, those other pictures are 3 weeks old

imgur. com/a/DWkYPgQ

Pictures of me today, I don’t feel my upper body is under trained, but compared to my legs it looks like it

There is a space between imgur. And Com

Good lord. Your phone looks like its been to the wars.

Sorry I didn’t catch that one?

I just meant that your phone looks a bit beat up.

Well, it's kind of hard to say without seeing a full body picture where you see legs and upper body all at once but I really am not seeing a problem. I really think you should stick to lifting for your whole body (not just upper) and if you're not gaining weight (slowly) you should add calories.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    Well, it's kind of hard to say without seeing a full body picture where you see legs and upper body all at once.
    This ^^^^^. Or maybe, OP, just go shirtless and wear long black pants. Your legs don't look too oversized at all in that pic.

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I guess if you are looking at this that way, you can say it’s wrong. But when you are shredding after bulking you will lose body mass...? Because you are not eating as much calories and lifting lighter weights or you do more intense workout.

I’m kinda looking for some tips like shredding but, I don’t want a full body shred, only on my legs.
    Maybe it’s not possible. I’m just hoping somebody have gone through my problem with having big legs and fixed it

I’ve been training for almost one month time now, and I notice I’m building muscle pretty fast on my upper body. So yeah maybe the best idea is to build my upper body bigger. ( but still my dream is small legs)
    When we say your upper body is underdeveloped we’re simply saying there isn’t much muscle there. I’m going to assume your bench is under 200 pounds, just based on looking at your pic. That is not meant to be an insult, as it is something that can be fixed. What muscle you do have is easily visible because you are very lean.

If you were to purposely eat in a calorie deficit, which I absolutely disagree with, you could lose muscle mass, but you can’t spot reduce. Granted lifting heavy on your upper body could help retain that muscle and maybe gain a little, however eating at a calorie deficit you would be losing weight. If you drop 15 pounds you would have smaller legs, and sticks for arms, sickly looking.

If you’ve only been lifting for 3 weeks you will gain muscle quickly, work only the upper if you want, I don’t recommend it, but it’s what you want, and eat in a calorie surplus. Gain 15 pounds over the next 5-6 months, you will look better overall.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't focus on making your legs smaller. Instead, train them less frequently and focus on upper body.

Insanely jealous of those calf genetics, if you really haven't trained legs before. Holy balls.

High-volume upper body work, lower-volume leg work until you get to where you want to be
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Height: 174 cm

Weight: 154 pound/ 70kg

imgur. com/a/jljQ8LA

I’m not allowed to share links, because I’m new on this sites so there is a space between Imgur. And com

Thx for reply!
    My legs look huge from that angle too. Then I look at them straight on in a mirror... not as impressed.

Originally Posted by TheUnderdog83 View Post
    When we say your upper body is underdeveloped we’re simply saying there isn’t much muscle there. I’m going to assume your bench is under 200 pounds, just based on looking at your pic. That is not meant to be an insult, as it is something that can be fixed. What muscle you do have is easily visible because you are very lean.

If you were to purposely eat in a calorie deficit, which I absolutely disagree with, you could lose muscle mass, but you can’t spot reduce. Granted lifting heavy on your upper body could help retain that muscle and maybe gain a little, however eating at a calorie deficit you would be losing weight. If you drop 15 pounds you would have smaller legs, and sticks for arms, sickly looking.

If you’ve only been lifting for 3 weeks you will gain muscle quickly, work only the upper if you want, I don’t recommend it, but it’s what you want, and eat in a calorie surplus. Gain 15 pounds over the next 5-6 months, you will look better overall.
    Ahh thx you! You are right, I’m very weak. I’m very pumped up on those pictures. 200 pound bench? More like 120 pound maybe 6 times.
    I do 160 on leg press at max I think, so yeah weak...

maybe it’s because I don’t have so much fat, that makes me look ripped, overall I’m very bad trained.
    Last edited by enjoybtc; 03-26-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Originally Posted by bLinkMoore View Post
    Don't focus on making your legs smaller. Instead, train them less frequently and focus on upper body.

Insanely jealous of those calf genetics, if you really haven't trained legs before. Holy balls.

High-volume upper body work, lower-volume leg work until you get to where you want to be
    Thx you for reply and help! Yeah I’m thinking of trying this for some weeks

mishipgainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you been playing any sports along with lifting? I would play baseball for 6 years without lifting and my legs were big but not upper part.

I switched to play rugby and started lifting yet still not proportioned physique. I literally stopped working out legs and only do upper and it became better.

I think your genetics take part as well. I'm an Asian man and its common to have bigger legs and ass for them which I really hate. But I figured prioritising upper body makes it better.

Hope that helped!

Originally Posted by mishipgainz View Post
    Have you been playing any sports along with lifting? I would play baseball for 6 years without lifting and my legs were big but not upper part.

I switched to play rugby and started lifting yet still not proportioned physique. I literally stopped working out legs and only do upper and it became better.

I think your genetics take part as well. I'm an Asian man and its common to have bigger legs and ass for them which I really hate. But I figured prioritising upper body makes it better.

Hope that helped!
    Hey man, thx for replying! I’ve been playing football for many years before, maybe that is why?.. I’m also from Asia, haha, this made me more happy, knowing It’s common with bigger legs in Asia

mishipgainz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man, thx for replying! I’ve been playing football for many years before, maybe that is why?.. I’m also from Asia, haha, this made me more happy, knowing It’s common with bigger legs in Asia
    Haha I knew it! Asian squad💪💪💪
    Let's get some gainz together bro!