BigAl420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help/advice for my own program

Former Strong dude, not really interested in being strong, kinda want a routine that doesn't affect daily manual work and other sports like boxing. Trying to make a routine that doesn't affect too much and isnt obsessive, but that gets the job done. What you think. I'm not a noob, my best lift is squat at 440 lbs.

My philosophy is basicall that two 5x5s in one day is too much. I try to spread them out, I also want priority on back and shoulders and not on chest. My ass got way too big with my squats.

1 Deadlift 5x5- >
    2 Rest
    3 OHP 5x5 -> Pull ups - > Shoulder Exercies (Lateral Raise, Skipole thing, Front Plate Raise) -> Curls
    4 Rest/Cardio/Farmer Walk
    5 Rest/Cardio
    6 Squat 5x5 - >
    7 Rest
    8 Bench 5x5 - > Chin up -> Tricep (Dips, Closegrip Bench, Pushup, Skull Crusher)
    9 Rest/Cardio
    10 Rest/Cardio

BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BrunoC93 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    What on earth is your question????

Originally Posted by BrunoC93 View Post
    What on earth is your question????
    Trying to make a routine that doesn't affect too much and isnt obsessive, but that gets the job done. What you think. I'm not a noob, my best lift is squat at 440 lbs.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    5/3/1 sounds like it would suit you.

I know it seems attractive on paper to make a routine as simple as possible - but this approach is seldom the best. If you don't want to spend time thinking about fatigue management, progression, periodization etc. then just let a routine like 5/3/1 handle that all for you.

Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gets the job done.. what job ? Ur op says you want a lazy way out of training hard

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    5/3/1 sounds like it would suit you.

I know it seems attractive on paper to make a routine as simple as possible - but this approach is seldom the best. If you don't want to spend time thinking about fatigue management, progression, periodization etc. then just let a routine like 5/3/1 handle that all for you.
    I'm not interested in 5/3/1 because i'm not trying to build strength, I already know how to build strength and I preferred the Texas Method. Im not interestedi n being really strong anymore and I dont have any desire/motivation for 1.5/2hours workouts with two grueling 5x5 sets in it, i just want something to very slowly improve/maintain, while still having energy to do other sports