OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help with Workout Routine

I've been out of the gym for awhile. Having trouble finding time to go.

I'd like to use the below routine to get back into lifting. The workouts are 45 mins long 3 days a week which I should be able to find time for.

So my question is I would like to add deadlifts to the routine. Where could I fit them in?

Sorry I cant post links yet so if you copy and past this into google it will be the first link that pops up " shrinkinguy 45 Minute Full Body Workout "

I was thinking to take out leg presses from Fridays workout and add the deadlifts. Would that work?

Or where would you add them in?

Thanks in advance!

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mmh not a fan of the routine - it doesn't emphasize movement frequency. Assuming that you are a (relative) beginner, you can and should perform the same movements multiple (2x or even 3x) times a week in order to practice. Practicing good technique on your main lifts will lay a solid foundation for your lifting in the years to come. You can also make faster progress on a given movement if you do it more often.

That said, it's not horrible and if you really, really like this routine go ahead and try it. Anything will work as a beginner. Still, here are some good alternatives.

GreySkull LP
    http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/greyskull-lp/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/wiki/phraks-gslp

Viking’s
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=172565211

Candito's
    http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-programs/

Fierce 5
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162916931

GZPLC
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=174476351

Towerbrah's
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=166807431

Stronglifts
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Starting Strength
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=158406513

Allpro's
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=160947761

Powerlifting to Win
    http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/programmingtowin/

Beginner’s Powerbuilding
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169993933
    Last edited by Luca2; 03-24-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    "Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OneTimeAround View Post
    I was thinking to take out leg presses from Fridays workout and add the deadlifts. Would that work?
    Don't change a program if you don't understand how it's constructed. This program replaced deadlifts with cable pull-throughs. Not a good substitution, imo.

OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneTimeAround is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry I should have mentioned Iv been lifting on and off for many years and have my form down.

I like Towerbrah's routine and think I will go with that.

Only thing I notice is that there are no shoulder presses in this routine. Will my shoulders lag the rest of my muscles because of that?

Originally Posted by LactoseTolerant View Post
    Don't change a program if you don't understand how it's constructed. This program replaced deadlifts with cable pull-throughs. Not a good substitution, imo.
    Could I replace pull-throughs with deadlifts than for that program?

I think I like Towerbrah's program for my situation (short on time) but no shoulder presses...

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry I should have mentioned Iv been lifting on and off for many years and have my form down.

Only thing I notice is that there are no shoulder presses in this routine. Will my shoulders lag the rest of my muscles because of that?
    That program has incline pressing and rear delt work. You don't know enough about the movements to evaluate a program.

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You'll be fine! Incline bench and face pulls will take care of your delts.
    "Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."

Originally Posted by LactoseTolerant View Post
    That program has incline pressing and rear delt work. You don't know enough about the movements to evaluate a program.
    Alright so I'll go with Towerbrah's routine and leave it as is, starting with Base Alpha program and move on to the other Iteration from there.

I only have 30 - 45 mins to spend in the gym 3 days a week, so this should work for me.

Thanks for the replies and advice!

Originally Posted by Luca2 View Post
    You'll be fine! Incline bench and face pulls will take care of your delts.
    Thanks!