DailyBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy 1.5 kg weight gain with NO difference in physique.. could it be muscle? (pics)

Hi, I'm new to bodybuiling.com, striding in looking for some feedback/advice.

I've been training 4-5 days per week, lifting only (usually 4 sets of 10-18 reps) no cardio.
    The dates in the photos are 3 months apart, but it's only been about a month since I shifted my focus on gaining muscle and increased my target calories.

It seems like I've made ZERO progress, nothing leaner or fuller, exactly the same.
    I do lift slightly heavier than 3 months ago, but still nowhere near what I used to lift.. trying to be careful after disc herniation from a fall.

I'm wondering if I need to change something or persevere.
    Could the 1.5 kg increase in weight be muscle, just not yet enough to be visible on a photo?
    or would it be just stuffing in my gut and I indeed didn't change at all?
    Attached Images

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DailyBeans View Post
    Hi, I'm new to bodybuiling.com, striding in looking for some feedback/advice.

I've been training 4-5 days per week, lifting only (usually 4 sets of 10-18 reps) no cardio.
    The dates in the photos are 3 months apart, but it's only been about a month since I shifted my focus on gaining muscle and increased my target calories.

It seems like I've made ZERO progress, nothing leaner or fuller, exactly the same.
    I do lift slightly heavier than 3 months ago, but still nowhere near what I used to lift.. trying to be careful after disc herniation from a fall.

I'm wondering if I need to change something or persevere.
    Could the 1.5 kg increase in weight be muscle, just not yet enough to be visible on a photo?
    or would it be just stuffing in my gut and I indeed didn't change at all?
    I see a little difference. I think you look slightly leaner and have developed your glutes in the more recent, higher weight pic. Any change is good especially with the weight being so similar. You definitely don’t look like you’ve gained fat. Keep up the good work.

DailyBeans is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Then I'll keep on doing what I do and try to be patient, thank you for the affirmation! (but I think the difference in glutes is mostly from posture.. haha..)

content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100) content1234 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I do see a difference : if you look closely, your arms look leaner and your waist smaller. I agree that your glutes look more developed as well but that could be from posture etc. (these pants aren't the best to judge change in your glutes). I say be patient, train hard, eat clean and trust the process !