bto131 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bto131 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best way to build to doing pull-ups

Hey guys,

I haven’t been able to do unassisted pull-ups since elementary school. Mainly because if my weight(not that I was ever extremely obese, but my upper body strength couldn’t compensate).

As I’m making progress on my latest weight loss journey, I’ve identified an additional goal. Do ten unassisted pull-ups.

I don’t own and bands or a home pull-up bar, but I don’t have a gym membership(there are multiple assisted pull up machines at the gym).

What’s a good way to build to this goal?

My initial thoughts are to start doing the assisted pullup machine (3x10) as part of my “pull day” in a push pull split. Will that help or should I be doing something else?

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/D...iningGuide.pdf

Start with jumping pull ups and negatives.

Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Negatives, lat pulldowns, reduce body fat.

Maybe try assisted pull-ups if your gym has one.

mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50) mokkowollio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Getting a home pull-up bar is a great idea because you can "grease the groove" so to speak. Doing a negative pull-up every time you walk past the bar, doing 10 negatives per hour for a whole day, practicing an active hang, really anything that will increase the volume of how much you practice the pull-up or progressions toward the full movement.

You can get a doorway or wall-mount bar for 20 bucks on amazon. Not a bad start!

jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jademonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry not much to add cuz I've always been able to do pull ups (in memory), but my wife started coming to the gym with me and does lat pull downs to start every back day. She says it helps her feel the target muscles more than the assisted pull up station. And she is adding 5-10 lbs each time. She is now on 5x10 at 70 lbs. She is also a bit overweight so it's harder for her. If I remember I'll report back when she gets unassisted pull ups for the first time.