Thread: Help

Erik1833 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down Help

So 3 years ago i stopped going to the gym and i have no idea why but i suppose i lost my motivation to go there.
    The first year i went there twice and when i started to really notice the losses about a year later i tried to get back but i could only go there about 3 times a month because i didn't find it funny or enjoyable.
    Now 3 years later i've lost almost 20kg and i am skinny as hell, my diet has been terrible, my sleep schedule and as mentioned i sadly don't train anything.

So what i need help with is getting that motivation back and the mentality to push yourself to the limits no matter what the subject is, it can be at work or whatever, i've literally tried everything but i just can't even get the slightest motivated for anything.

Have anyone else ever been in this situation and if so how did you get pass it and if you haven't had a situation do you have any ideas or tips for me?

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Erik1833 View Post
    So 3 years ago i stopped going to the gym and i have no idea why but i suppose i lost my motivation to go there.
    The first year i went there twice and when i started to really notice the losses about a year later i tried to get back but i could only go there about 3 times a month because i didn't find it funny or enjoyable.
    Now 3 years later i've lost almost 20kg and i am skinny as hell, my diet has been terrible, my sleep schedule and as mentioned i sadly don't train anything.

So what i need help with is getting that motivation back and the mentality to push yourself to the limits no matter what the subject is, it can be at work or whatever, i've literally tried everything but i just can't even get the slightest motivated for anything.

Have anyone else ever been in this situation and if so how did you get pass it and if you haven't had a situation do you have any ideas or tips for me?

You say your diet, sleep and (probably) other aspects of your life aren't "going as well as you'd like." All of these could be why you are "not motivated" to train. You need to find out what's going on to correct these important issues....I would suggest speaking to both your parents and a trusted counselor-either a school/private counselor or your medical doctor. In this instance, I don't think telling you to have specific goals in the gym or find long-term "meaning" behind a weightlifting/fitness regimen would "motivate" you at this time. You need to speak to someone who could help you. Do it now. Good luck!!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100) OddFix is not very well liked. (-100)
    Get some earphones, put on some bangers & go do your workouts. The difference in motivation between good songs on your phone & chit gym pop songs (or no music at all) is huge.

baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldgains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What motivates me is the aging process.

There are some people that can barely walk and are very weak at the age of 70. They never train, they worked alot during their lives and they smoked and drank alcohol on a weekly basis.

Then there are these people that are 85+ but looks more healtheir than a 30 years old. They have been active the whole life, and they dont need anyone to take care of them, wash them, change their diapers or tell them what to do. Also, they barely get sick.

I am not saying that everyone turns into these people at older age, but everytime i asked an old person that is very active about their lives, I keep hearing the same story.

So this is what motivates me. Training now for a greater chance of a good life at the older age.

Registered User rakeshkumar1998's Avatar
    rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100)
    When you hit failure, your workout has just begun. – Ronnie Coleman