FTLTC2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should i cut or bulk - NEED HELP !

My stats :
    Weight: 84kg
    Height: 6ft 2in
    BMR : 2,050
    My body fat is around : 27 percent

People say im skinny fat but i dont know

I look skinny in clothes but when i take my t-shirt off its different

Ive tried doing cardio at a calorie deficet but nothing is really changing

I want to be able to burn fat but at the same time gain muscle

I also have moobs and a belly as you can see but i also have batwings
    Attached Images
    Last edited by FTLTC2002; 03-19-2019 at 12:57 PM.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are 16 therefore cutting is not advised nor is eliminating food sources therefore you need to start weight training and eat by hunger. Ensure you consume mainly whole foods such as lean meat, fruit, veg, wholegrain food, milk, eggs, etc. Eat until full but not stuffed if you have a hard time controlling your food intake consume three meals a day and snack on fruit/ veg only. Avoid added sugars and products high in saturated fats like cakes and biscuits (these aren't necessarily bad they just don't offer much nutritional value).

Weight lifting is essential and this is priority over any cardio.

Pick one of these workouts that suit your individual lifestyle, remember that the link between strength and size is generally that the stronger you are the bigger you are.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175493881

That said some people respond better to different rep range and workout methods however increasing in strength with the right nutrition will cause size increase in most if not all beginners and are the foundations of all training programs.

Training programs:-

Starting Strength
    https://startingstrength.com/get-started/programs – Very well-known program which is simple to understand and easy to execute, a barbell is required and progression is quick. A highly recommended starting point for all beginners and is still effective for intermediates and advanced alike depending on their needs.

StrongLifts
    https://stronglifts.com/5x5/ – Another solid starting point for all beginner weight trainers, doesn't generally have the renowned backing off Starting Strength however personally I find a real solid program to start off with (I personally used this program in the beginning and still do from time to time). Progression is quick and the exercises are the key lifts, as well as this very easy to add supplementary exercises once you progress.

Jim Welder 5/3/1
    https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/53...-pure-strength – One of the best programs around for strength gains and can easily be adapted and added to in order increase muscular size. His programs are fantastic and in-depth with a vast amount of information available online and especially in his books (I highly recommended buying them if possible).
    For beginners it is best to start with this program of 5/3/1:-
    https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwend...for-a-beginner

Fierce 5
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...2916931&page=1 – One of most solid programs designed on this forum and is basically the complete package this has programs that start off with beginners all the way to advanced. I personally have found this to be both enjoyable yet challenging and have added solid amount of muscle doing it.

AllPro
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=169172473 – A simple but effective method to build solid muscle, does lack some of the elements of strength, however with the basics comes the ability to add strength elements. That said very good at building muscle mass. I have not personally used this one but has a very strong follow here and comes very highly recommended.

After all that remember the best training program is the one you stick to. Muscle development takes time and no training program will cause instant results and require dedication. Therefore stick with the program and only change when you truly feel you have got all you can out of the program.

Do one of these programs and eat as explained and you will see changes in your body composition.

Should i then stop cardio and go full weight training , i am yet to get gain newbie gains and want to lose fat . Should i eat at maintenance or deficit or surplus , i was advised to eat at maintenance as newbie gains will still come due to my protein intake and once the newbie gain phase is over then i should surplus. Thanks for the reply btw

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FTLTC2002 View Post
    Should i then stop cardio and go full weight training , i am yet to get gain newbie gains and want to lose fat . Should i eat at maintenance or deficit or surplus , i was advised to eat at maintenance as newbie gains will still come due to my protein intake and once the newbie gain phase is over then i should surplus. Thanks for the reply btw
    No you can keep doing cardio as this is important for general health and does help counter the effects of unplanned excess calories. I would advise doing it after weight training or on days you don't weight train (of course take rest days but cardio 2-3x times a week will do no harm). You shouldn't not be counting calories as you are 16 and it can cause an unhealthy relationship with food and you are still growing so deliberate avoidance of certain food sources may cause micro nutrient deficiencies.

As I stated earlier if you stick to whole food sources and weight train you will add muscle especially as your body is primed to build. You will lose fat at the same time simply because your body will use the excess fat as an extra energy source, this is a form of body recomposition although for growing adults its just normal responds to weight training. Don't worry about terms of surplus, deficit or maintenance at your age just eat 3 square meals until pleasantly full and only snack on fruit/ veg and may some lean protein sources e.g. sliced chicken, fish sources, eggs, milk etc. Ensure you get unprocessed protein source in all your meals if possible and that will ensure you hit your protein no counting required.

After all that the most important thing you can do is weight train and get stronger that will offer the results you want. Nearly all strong individuals will have solid amounts muscle and by eating a varying yet wholesome diet at 16 this will cause solid muscle gains. On another point remember you are 16 so be active go out with mates, play football (or soccer to my american cousins), other sports, surfing, climbing whatever activities you like that challenge you physically and mentally, this will get results much better then counting calories.

Be social and enjoy being young this is the best time of your life, leave cutting and bulking diets to unfortunate people like us oldies who can no longer perform body composition transformations like you can at 16.

DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrBulkenstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Is that even a question?

Oh okay thank you, why does everyone say you cant gain muscle without being in a surplus , is it an adult thing or is it cause they arent beginners

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Oh okay thank you, why does everyone say you cant gain muscle without being in a surplus , is it an adult thing or is it cause they arent beginners
    Anyone without a decent amount of body fat cannot gain muscle without being in a surplus. In order to grow and get bigger, your body needs excess energy (calories). A skinny beginner will have trouble gaining muscle if they aren't eating in a surplus. The good thing about lifting weights is it stimulates hunger as your body knows it needs nutrients to properly recover.
    ---Get those Negs ready---

Originally Posted by JCubb12 View Post
    Anyone without a decent amount of body fat cannot gain muscle without being in a surplus. In order to grow and get bigger, your body needs excess energy (calories). A skinny beginner will have trouble gaining muscle if they aren't eating in a surplus. The good thing about lifting weights is it stimulates hunger as your body knows it needs nutrients to properly recover.
    So someone like me with 27 percent body fat , would i need to maintain or deficit or surplus as i want to burn fat aswell

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    So someone like me with 27 percent body fat , would i need to maintain or deficit or surplus as i want to burn fat aswell
    If you are actually 27% BF and an untrained individual, You can gain some muscle and lose some fat at the same time as long as you maintain a moderate calorie deficit. The higher the deficit, the more likely it is you won't gain muscle or you could possibly even lose muscle. Keep it your deficit to 500 or less.

Ok thank you , ive been stressed about this for the past few days and this has now made a clear pash , one last question, 500 less calories from maintenance or tdee

Ok thank you , ive been stressed about this for the past few days and this has now made a clear pash , one last question, 500 less calories from maintenance or tdee
    Maintenance and TDEE are the same thing.....

Look OP the choice is your whats you do but you are worrying over stuff a 16 kid shouldn't be bothering with, but what I say ain't going to change that.

It is advised on this forum that under 18's do not count calories or eliminate macro sources.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=176473461

However if you are not going to heed the advice do us one favour and stick to some weight training (any program you like) that is what will make the difference not the perfect number of calories.