Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    I'm not advocating stupidity.
    You're an example of stupidity. You write like a drunk.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by no******** View Post
    Thats one i like allot and this is the first i heard of it. Need heavy dumbells though
    its retarded

just do shrug bar deadlifts if you want to do that motion

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Barbell Hack Squats (raised heel) are very good. Surprisingly challenging and great for aesthetics. I use wrist wraps and a belt too so I don't need to worry about anything but my quads. They're annoying when you hit the back of your achilles and get bruised though!

I like squats but currently have a frustrating hip injury, so have been putting more focus on the hack squat in the past month and it has defined the lower quads (aka the good part) a lot better. Unexpected surprise.

Edit: also if you want something new and haven't tried Farmers Walk, you should do them, although it takes some figuring out to make legs the limiting factor.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jk202 View Post
    Reverse band hack squats
    This guy has a before/after pic thread that backs this up big-time.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    You're an example of stupidity. You write like a drunk.
    lol internet tough guy. Just dont hit me over the head with one of your 175lb kettlebells.

nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Barbell Hack Squats (raised heel) are very good. Surprisingly challenging and great for aesthetics. I use wrist wraps and a belt too so I don't need to worry about anything but my quads. They're annoying when you hit the back of your achilles and get bruised though!

I like squats but currently have a frustrating hip injury, so have been putting more focus on the hack squat in the past month and it has defined the lower quads (aka the good part) a lot better. Unexpected surprise.

Edit: also if you want something new and haven't tried Farmers Walk, you should do them, although it takes some figuring out to make legs the limiting factor.
    BTB Barbell hack squats are another good one. Bugenhagen used to do them all the time. You have to train yourself into them i tried them once and i sucked balls at them

Yeah man barbell hack squats and jeffersons are definately super interesting to me

nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nofacebook is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only problem i see with trap deads, jeffersons and barbell hack squats is the range of motion. I cant see myself getting anywhere close to the same amount of leg growth compared to doing deep squats.

But im weak as hell at jeffersons and barbell hack squats it felt un-natural almost like i would gain an entirely different kind of strength if i got good at them. I think im gonna try these 3 on a no squat routine for awhile

Jeffersons
    Barbell hacks
    Bulgarian splits

Cool man, I think you'll like it. The hack squat has a pretty decent range of motion at the knee, because the back and hips don't move as much as regular squats. Bulgarian Splits are good too and really hard, don't do them with a barbell like some people do because it's easy to lose balance, then you're screwed lol.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    its retarded

just do shrug bar deadlifts if you want to do that motion
    Aside from the fact that it's a squat and not a hinge, you missed the point of using dumbbells/kettlebells. Read the very short article again or maybe for the first time.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    lol internet tough guy. Just dont hit me over the head with one of your 175lb kettlebells.
    Your perception is ****ed up. My comment pertained to what you actually wrote. You're not the only person on the internet that posts when they're drunk or stoned.

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BenMcLeodNZ View Post
    Bulgarian Splits are good too and really hard
    I can confirm/10.
    "Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."