Ditto666head is on a distinguished road. (+10)

An intermediate lifter needs an advice

Hello Guys,

Im 26 years male with 3 years training. My starting weight was 120lbs

My current stats are:
    180 lbs at 18% body fat at 5'5

I've never done a cutting cycle before but i started dieting this week to shred some fat because i really got bored from not having 6 packs and muscle saturations.

My current diet is
    100 carbs
    50 fats
    200 protein

I train for 5 days, each day one muscle except for thursdays, i play Bi's and Tri's

Based on my pictures, do i really need to cut? Is my diet is going fine? Are my workout program good?

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1650 is far too aggressive of a cut. Slow and steady to where you are losing like 2-3 lbs per month. As for your program, from the little you shared, it sounds far from optimal. I would get on a good intermediate program and not one you create yourself
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

Nurko1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ditto666head View Post
    Hello Guys,

Im 26 years male with 3 years training. My starting weight was 120lbs

My current stats are:
    180 lbs at 18% body fat at 5'5

I've never done a cutting cycle before but i started dieting this week to shred some fat because i really got bored from not having 6 packs and muscle saturations.

My current diet is
    100 carbs
    50 fats
    200 protein

I train for 5 days, each day one muscle except for thursdays, i play Bi's and Tri's

Based on my pictures, do i really need to cut? Is my diet is going fine? Are my workout program good?
    Pick up a jumping rope on off days for 20-30 minutes depending on how fast can you jump ( the faster you can do it the shorter and better the workout will be,look up HIT). Cut 500 cal from your daily diet . Viola, you will get steady results.

For something more in detail, you will need to provide exactly training and exact macros/cal.

Originally Posted by Vandeman17 View Post
    1650 is far too aggressive of a cut. Slow and steady to where you are losing like 2-3 lbs per month. As for your program, from the little you shared, it sounds far from optimal. I would get on a good intermediate program and not one you create yourself

Thank you for your reply man.
    My training program that i'm using got it from the internet. My gym coach is really unhelpful unless you use steroids and i'm a natural lifter.

My routine is like this:

Sat: Chest and abs
    Sun: Legs and calves
    Mon: Shoulders and abs
    Tue: off
    Wed: Back & abs
    Thur: Arms
    Fri: Off

Should i up my diet to 2000 calories? and what about that routine?
    I really would appreciate some help...

Originally Posted by Nurko1 View Post
    Pick up a jumping rope on off days for 20-30 minutes depending on how fast can you jump ( the faster you can do it the shorter and better the workout will be,look up HIT). Cut 500 cal from your daily diet . Viola, you will get steady results.

For something more in detail, you will need to provide exactly training and exact macros/cal.

My routine is like this:

Macros: 1700 calories
    I eat chickens, tuna, broccolis, whey gold standards for proteins.
    Almonds, veggies and eggs for fats
    Bannana and rice for carbs ( ~ 70 g)

Nurko1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ditto666head View Post
    My routine is like this:

Macros: 1700 calories
    I eat chickens, tuna, broccolis, whey gold standards for proteins.
    Almonds, veggies and eggs for fats
    Bannana and rice for carbs ( ~ 70 g)
    In my opinion that is way to low in calories for your weight even to mantain muscule ...not sure if you are doing compound movements in your splits , but I suggest you reorganize your training with 3x compound movement 3x isolation 4x a week , 3x a week abs workout with conditioning training meaning jumping rope or any type of HIT on your of days ... Keep your calories in atleast 2500 range to mantain muscule mass

JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500) JCubb12 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Without knowing your TDEE it is hard to say an exact number of calories you should shoot for. 2000 is great for someone who's TDEE is 2500, but not so good for someone who's TDEE is 3500. I think with your BF level, you would be okay cutting at a >500 deficit for a couple weeks, but you definitely want to adjust it to =500 or less less after a couple weeks of hard cutting.

Also your fats could be a little higher.
    ---Get those Negs ready---

Originally Posted by Nurko1 View Post
    In my opinion that is way to low in calories for your weight even to mantain muscule ...not sure if you are doing compound movements in your splits , but I suggest you reorganize your training with 3x compound movement 3x isolation 4x a week , 3x a week abs workout with conditioning training meaning jumping rope or any type of HIT on your of days ... Keep your calories in atleast 2500 range to mantain muscule mass

I made inbody test today and i found that my basal metabolic rate is 1783 kcal...so i will pump the calories up to 2500.
    The analysis showed also that i have a good measurment of muscle fat analysis (D shape which refers to athletic body). Most of the fat is stored in my belly (~9 kg).

All i need now is a good workout routine.

Originally Posted by JCubb12 View Post
    Without knowing your TDEE it is hard to say an exact number of calories you should shoot for. 2000 is great for someone who's TDEE is 2500, but not so good for someone who's TDEE is 3500. I think with your BF level, you would be okay cutting at a >500 deficit for a couple weeks, but you definitely want to adjust it to =500 or less less after a couple weeks of hard cutting.

Also your fats could be a little higher.

I made inbody test today and i found that my BMR is 1783 kcal. so i think i will pump up the calories to 2500.

All i need now is a good routine