Registered User Kingofhearts262's Avatar
    Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile confidence back; DO WHAT IT TAKES

What I'm asking for:
    a workout program/schedule to achieve a more heavily muscled athletic body type, using the equipment listed below. with a workout period of no more than an hour from the time I start to the time I'm in the shower getting ready for work.

Back ground:
    3 years ago I had my ideal physique ( I attached a picture of me around then). since then I have hurt my shoulder, got married, and for lack of excuses.. gotten comfortable in life.

Goal:
    I am committed to regaining my confidence and losing 30 lbs of fat while gaining 20 lbs of muscle in the shortest healthy time frame possible; however I have a lack of knowledge as to what my realistic goals should be on a weekly, monthly basis.

Current Physique:
    I am 40 years old, 5'7", 190 lbs and have a naturally muscular build, you probably wouldn't call me fat if you saw me in a shirt because my shoulders, chest, and arms balance my gut out.

Limitations:
    I work a varied schedule usually 5 to 6 days a week, some days I show up to work at 4:30 am some days I leave at 11:00 pm. My daughter is on a traveling volleyball team and a traveling softball team that I am required to attend all day on Saturdays and Sundays. plus week day practices... .. TIME IS MY ENEMY.

Advantages:
    I have a very extensive blue collar gym in my basement. My body has played sports and been engaged in hard labor or been involved in an above average lifting schedule for 37 years. I do not believe a long "break in period" will be needed to get my muscles back into weight lifting.

Mindset:
    Although I have achieved a six pack before in my life it takes a level of nutritional diligence that I do not enjoy and there for a diminished quality of sustained life. I am willing to accept any diet to achieve my goals however once attained I'd like to maintain more of a flat stomach lifestyle than a six pack lifestyle. I am a personality type that would be perfectly happy to run an extra mile so I can eat pasta for dinner. HARD WORK IS MY ALLY

Equipment available:
    Elliptical, Adjustable dumbbells, Adjustable incline free weight bench press with leg rollers, Machine with military press attachment and pec-deck. Adjustable incline sit up bench, I do not have a squat rack but I do have an extra bar and ambition.

All consideration is appreciated.
    Attached Images

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Buy a power rack.

Full body workout 3 days, easy job another 3 days of the week.

Time of day depends of your schedule.

Consistently >>>> exact program

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That’s some great advice from DCSpartan. I agree full body 3 days per week would be a great choice. The Fierce 5 program found here on bb.com is a good one and again I agree with DC Spartan that the exact program is not that important.

Where is the pic of current physique? That’s way more relevant than an old pic from 3 years ago. Good luck!
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kingofhearts262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you for your advice and I will get a current pic up asap.

I appreciate your advice on the full body workout and will look into a power rack. =)

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You have done it before, so you know exactly what needs to be done to do it again. All you need is the desire and the commitment.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kingofhearts262 View Post
    Goal:
    I am committed to regaining my confidence and losing 30 lbs of fat while gaining 20 lbs of muscle in the shortest healthy time frame possible; however I have a lack of knowledge as to what my realistic goals should be on a weekly, monthly basis.
    The only thing I have to add to what has been said, is that I would recommend focusing on rate of loss or gain rather than the end totals. Shoot for something like 0.5-1.5% rate of weight loss per week until you reach whatever level of leanness looks and feels good for you (the higher your body fat level, the higher the rate you can push). You'll likely gain some muscle along the way thanks to muscle memory, but who knows how much. It will be nearly impossible to measure, so your goal to achieve a certain number of pounds of fat loss and muscle gain is too elusive to be a center of focus IMO. Once you get down to a healthier, better looking level of body fat, go ahead and start a gain phase with a rate of something like 0.25%-0.5% per week.

Good luck, and keep it sustainable rather than burning yourself out.

adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000) adamgentile is a name known to all. (+5000)
    4 day split for 6 weeks - Deload at week 6 (more reps lighter weight)

Day 1 Chest/Biceps

Barbell press: 4 sets
    Incline press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
    Dumbbell flyes: 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
    Dips 3 x 10

Concentration curls: 1 warm up set followed by 2 sets of 8-10 reps.
    Barbell curls: 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    Hammer curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps.

Day 2 Back
    Deadlifts - 4 sets, 6 reps
    Bent over rows: 3 sets
    Dumbbell Pullover - 4 sets

Day 3 Shoulders/Triceps
    Barbell Press 4 sets.
    DB lateral raises
    Bent-over DB raises
    Barbell shrugs - 3 x10
    Triceps:

Skull Crushers - 4 sets
    Press downs - if you don’t have a lat machine do Single overhead dumbbell press.
    Close-grip bench press - 3 sets. I alternate this exercise weekly.

Day 4 Legs and Calves
    Squats: 1 warmup – 3 working sets.
    Leg curls: 4 sets.
    Stiff leg deadlifts: 1 warm up set followed by 2 work sets.
    Standing calf raises: 1 warm up set followed by 2 work sets.
    Seated calf raises: no warm up just 2 works sets to failure.
    Last edited by adamgentile; 03-18-2019 at 12:50 PM.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    We are about the same height, but I think you have better natural genetics. You look like you have great muscle attachments and plenty of potential on that pic. I know what I’d like to suggest...but that list of available equipment is pretty limiting (unless I’m reading it wrong, you don’t have a barbell & weights, just dumbbells?). It’s a shame you aren’t willing to join a gym or spend a little more money on a good rack and Olympic barbell set. You can get the basic equipment pretty cheap on Craigslist.

If I’m reading it correctly, you are looking at being about 180, at 5’7”, around 15% BF. That’s pretty beefy (at least IMHO), I’m the same height and BF at around 160...so I can just imagine how I’d look at 180 at 15%...thats 153 LBM (if my math is correct).

I too would like to see some current pics. Your build looks a lot like my 1 time infrequent training partner in my 20s. Great potential and genetics, but lazy when it came to commitment.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Be careful with the calcs Grubman, he wasn't clear if the 5' 7" included those ears or not. That could throw your figures out of whack if it did include them .

1) A second hand rack/cage.
    2) A minimalist program (due to time pressures). IMHO... maybe consider Phrak's variation of Greyskull LP, but any sensible program you can run consistently will be good. https://thefitness.wiki/routines/r-f...inner-routine/ yes I know it says "beginner"... and you are not a novice. But it's a good way to return to glory because the progression will be fast and due to muscle memory etc you'll want a start from nothing but fast progress approach
    3) And making a start! Stoo reading this and get that rack.

Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post
    The only thing I have to add to what has been said, is that I would recommend focusing on rate of loss or gain rather than the end totals. Shoot for something like 0.5-1.5% rate of weight loss per week until you reach whatever level of leanness looks and feels good for you (the higher your body fat level, the higher the rate you can push). You'll likely gain some muscle along the way thanks to muscle memory, but who knows how much. It will be nearly impossible to measure, so your goal to achieve a certain number of pounds of fat loss and muscle gain is too elusive to be a center of focus IMO. Once you get down to a healthier, better looking level of body fat, go ahead and start a gain phase with a rate of something like 0.25%-0.5% per week.

Good luck, and keep it sustainable rather than burning yourself out.
    Thank you ectoBgone. I agree that does sound like a better way to hold myself accountable to my commitment then just an end result goal in many months. Solid advice thank you.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    We are about the same height, but I think you have better natural genetics. You look like you have great muscle attachments and plenty of potential on that pic. I know what I’d like to suggest...but that list of available equipment is pretty limiting (unless I’m reading it wrong, you don’t have a barbell & weights, just dumbbells?). It’s a shame you aren’t willing to join a gym or spend a little more money on a good rack and Olympic barbell set. You can get the basic equipment pretty cheap on Craigslist.

If I’m reading it correctly, you are looking at being about 180, at 5’7”, around 15% BF. That’s pretty beefy (at least IMHO), I’m the same height and BF at around 160...so I can just imagine how I’d look at 180 at 15%...thats 153 LBM (if my math is correct).

I too would like to see some current pics. Your build looks a lot like my 1 time infrequent training partner in my 20s. Great potential and genetics, but lazy when it came to commitment.
    Hey Grubman I watched your video that's an incredible transformation and far more bulk than I have ever put on. Very inspirational. At first I was a little put off by your original comment about commitment but I gotta say after watching the video, No I've never committed on that level. Looking back at my physique I always had this self image of being around 170, however if you are 160 right now then maybe my memory is not what it was. lol

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Kingofhearts262 View Post
    Hey Grubman I watched your video that's an incredible transformation and far more bulk than I have ever put on. Very inspirational. At first I was a little put off by your original comment about commitment but I gotta say after watching the video, No I've never committed on that level. Looking back at my physique I always had this self image of being around 170, however if you are 160 right now then maybe my memory is not what it was. lol
    Thank you.

But I’m hoping you get your ass in the gym and keep us posted. It’s a shame to waste good genetics, and I’m sure 170 at 15% will be no problem for you.