KalumYNWA is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Running/Fitness help needed!!!

Wasn't sure where else to post this but I desperately need help, I've been doing alot of running now for about 3 months as I have a fitness test coming up for the royal marines in just under 2 weeks!! All has been going well up until recently, I've started getting stitches whilst running and just generally feeling unfit... I was running 2.4km in around 8 minutes and now I'm struggling to run that in 12 minutes... in the last couple weeks I've started taking a creatine HCL and monohydrate carbohydrate mix type drink for strength as I've needed to improve on pushups etc, could that possibly be a cause?? Or perhaps eating habits or something I need to change? This is quite stressing me out as my test is so soon and I've trained so hard for this!

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creatine isnt impacting your run times. If you are cramping up all the time you need to focus on that, and potassium deficiency or dehydration can be the culprit.

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not enough info bud. What are your workouts like? How are they structured? Are you doing a lot of anaerobic sprint style workouts or are you doing LSD runs? Nutrition? Going 4 minutes slower on a mile and a half definitely isn't normal, and something must be drastically off.
    "Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight ill ever know...
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day"

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KalumYNWA View Post
    Wasn't sure where else to post this but I desperately need help, I've been doing alot of running now for about 3 months as I have a fitness test coming up for the royal marines in just under 2 weeks!! All has been going well up until recently, I've started getting stitches whilst running and just generally feeling unfit... I was running 2.4km in around 8 minutes and now I'm struggling to run that in 12 minutes... in the last couple weeks I've started taking a creatine HCL and monohydrate carbohydrate mix type drink for strength as I've needed to improve on pushups etc, could that possibly be a cause?? Or perhaps eating habits or something I need to change? This is quite stressing me out as my test is so soon and I've trained so hard for this!
    Is this for your Pre Joining Fitness Test or are you starting PRMC? Is that 2.4km time after the first 2.4km run as well?

Without knowing your schedule it could be a number of things. Are you using the Royal Marine preparation guides they have available for free for potential recruits?