Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    ... but if being "fit" means being covered in veins, no thanks, I'll pass.
    That's the nice thing about fitness/working out, bro. One size doesn't fit all as far as individual desired results.

Go for whatever "look" you want. I have dieted down this summer, but still prefer to carry more body fat than a lot of lifters do. Everybody's gonna be okay.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Miss C.S.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    In interest of bringing some productivity to this thread, lets talk calves!

Lots of debate about calves being the most genetically driven. Maybe calves and forearms. I can say this has been my observation over the years. And my experience.

My entire body just blew up when I started training in my 20. My calves....not so much. My brother and sister have great calves....I have these little bird things.

Pic of me in my 20's (hello big bird!)

Pick of me about 14 years ago (I was not training at the time as can be clearly seen) Hell my newborn daughter has better calves! (holy crap time flies....she is driving now!)

Anyway I got my balls busted a lot here on BB.com. FLEX was one of the worst . He was right though. My calves looked stupid. I had 18" arms and 14" calves. I finally did find something that worked for me. My calves are still not quite up to the rest of my body, but they are not so bad that dudes take pics in the gym of me and post pics laughing about them They are almost pushing 17" but still look bird-like to me

Share some calf stories. (and pics!) Have you got yours to grow (when they were small to begin with).

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    545 Squat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qZZLnePFiI
    225 x 29 bench http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe68-LgD0jM

MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    In interest of bringing some productivity to this thread, lets talk calves!

Lots of debate about calves being the most genetically driven. Maybe calves and forearms. I can say this has been my observation over the years. And my experience.

My entire body just blew up when I started training in my 20. My calves....not so much. My brother and sister have great calves....I have these little bird things.

Pic of me in my 20's (hello big bird!)

Pick of me about 14 years ago (I was not training at the time as can be clearly seen) Hell my newborn daughter has better calves! (holy crap time flies....she is driving now!)

Anyway I got my balls busted a lot here on BB.com. FLEX was one of the worst . He was right though. My calves looked stupid. I had 18" arms and 14" calves. I finally did find something that worked for me. My calves are still not quite up to the rest of my body, but they are not so bad that dudes take pics in the gym of me and post pics laughing about them They are almost pushing 17" but still look bird-like to me

Share some calf stories. (and pics!) Have you got yours to grow (when they were small to begin with).

Calves.....uhg....lol.
    Spent 4yrs basement training them, 10 years Killing myself in HC gym, trained calves harder/longer/intense/dedicated than anyone in history, too much time effort wasted, arches collapsing, lost like 1/4"+ off my height, lol.....yeah, growth/shreds/etc, but at the end of the day, you blessed or not. Imho, its ALL about the shape.....you got diamonds or you dont. I seen big calves without diamonds, they dont look as good as smaller diamonds. I aint gonna talk about myself, I'll talk about somebody special i knew.

Dude was 5'8" approx (edit) 190+lbs, approx 11%, had no interest in lifting weights/training etc. 18-1/2" neck, 18" arms, long torso, Huge ribcage, wide shoulders, deep inserted lats, wide V-deep taper, tiny tiny tiny joints, big forearms, true 28" waist, muscle butt, large/round deep-inserted quads/hams, and his calves! Jesus, 18" shredded diamonds. I was obsessed w/ his dna and actually measured him. This dude was pure ultra tiny jointed mesomorph. Probably the best genetics I ever seen. Insane. I was bodybuilding and racing/competing mountain and roadbikes. I would train roadbike w him, just staring at his tiny tiny joints/hips/knees and Huge muscles. I would be behind him in jealous awe looking at his calves, it was insane, it was unjust. He would just laugh.

I finally talked him into going into HC gym w/ me, when he entered everyone could see his DNA. He lasted 2-3 months before he got bored with it and left. He spent all his time in there obsessed with the antique nautilus rusty-chained cams. All nautilus, no free weights. His 2-3 months of newbie gains were nuts. Everyone in gym talking about him during that time.
    His unworked calves were my motivation, but Never........haha
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-13-2019 at 11:21 AM.

ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay I'll bite, ID. I used to have really small calves. Not even sure HOW small exactly (didn't measure).

I also have built them up to 17" now and I owe it (IMO) 100% to my skipping rope regiments I've been doing the last 3 years.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew

Miss C.S.

MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know a guy, never lifted a weight in his life, skinny 150-lb tiny guy. About the most beautiful diamonds I have ever seen. I c him before summer out and snap/post the pics.

induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Okay I'll bite, ID. I used to have really small calves. Not even sure HOW small exactly (didn't measure).
    Dont look small to me. You do have high(er) attachment. (Mine are even worse).

Look great man.

Interesting on the skipping rope thing. For years I concentrated in calf annhilation to build.

What worked for me was to actually train them 'heavy' in the true 8-10 rep range. (meaning something where I was actually failing (with good form) on the 8-10th rep.

A BIG break though for me was uni-lateral assistance eccentric movements. Used sparingly of course, my growth started when I gained access to more equipment where I could implement. Hard to really do in most home gyms.
    RAW lifts

Dont look small to me. You do have high(er) attachment. (Mine are even worse).
    Yeah this is the AFTER pic. They are 17" now. (Just measured at my desk at work )

A BIG break though for me was uni-lateral assistance eccentric movements. Used sparingly of course, my growth started when I gained access to more equipment where I could implement. Hard to really do in most home gyms.
    Right, being a home gym guy limited what I could do for calf work and I honestly never really cared that they were smaller. I started skipping rope just a different form of cardio---and then noticed that my calves had gotten a ton bigger after a year or so. So my growth wasn't even intentional, more by mistake/side-effect........
    Epic Beard Man crew

Miss C.S.

I felt like Donkeys w a million pounds gave me the best thickness, and a million pounds on the seated gave me best sharpness/angles/shape/shelf. Million pounds on the standing, did them, but I dont think they were effective compared to the other two. for me anyways. I agree w/ the heavy 8-10 strict rep range, + drop sets.
    The stack on donkeys + 5 45's, knocking 45's off one at a time at each failure point. Same for seated, stripping plates at each failure point. Gotta heavy weight blood engorge & stretch that fascia w calves. U hit failure, then have buddy strip a plate, and then strip a plate, etc, and keep going and going and going.....or be born w them, hahaha
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-13-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Calves.
    I'd rather win the lottery and be handed a check for $10 million w/out lifting a finger, than work my life away to the bone for $5 million, hahahaha.
    I picked the wrong lottery numbers

LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ID
    My calves are exactly 17” I have long legs and short torso so I have had to work hard in the legs besides being a fatass (that’s one way to get calves) so you need to up the fried chicken and ice cream. I’ve done lots of higher rep squats and dead’s which you always critize and are scared to do, and then there is carrying heavy weights that build calves. Screw calf raises, I’d rather spend that time phucking!

LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LWW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My quads are 26” on spot.

ID
    I’ve done lots of higher rep squats
    My squat maxes/weekly routines was either pyramiding/warming up to 405 for minimum-4/maximum-8, for 3 sets.
    or
    Pyramiding/warming up to 315 for 12-15, for 3 sets.
    or
    Pyramiding/warming up to 315 (12-15) for 1 set, then doing 1 set of 225 for 30 reps.

The 405 was extremely HEAVY for me (my skeleton/knees wasnt designed for that amount of weight). The 30 reps w/ 225 was lengthy Torture, lol. Torture. I never made noise in the gym, but i would be screaming to get those 30, and whoever was spotting me would be screaming at me too, lol

Screw calf raises, I’d rather spend that time phucking!
    LOL
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-13-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Originally Posted by MyBBing2pointO View Post
    My squat maxes/weekly routines was either pyramiding/warming up to 405 for minimum-4/maximum-8, for 3 sets.
    or
    Pyramiding/warming up to 315 for 12-15, for 3 sets.
    or
    Pyramiding/warming up to 315 (12-15) for 1 set, then doing 1 set of 225 for 30 reps.

The 405 was extremely HEAVY for me (my skeleton/knees wasnt designed for that amount of weight). The 30 reps w/ 225 was lengthy Torture, lol. Torture. I never made noise in the gym, but i would be screaming to get those 30, and whoever was spotting me would be screaming at me too, lol

LOL
    In for video of you doing 225x30.
    Or the 405x3 but I think 225x30 is actually more impressive.
    RAW lifts

In 20 years of training I’ve never done a real full squat with 405 (I’ve done bottoms up partials up to 400-500 10 years ago) heck I’m finally squatting over 300 routinely and can confidently say I can perform a perfect squat with 350lb.

But here is what interesting I was stuck at 280-290 for over 10years, I put over 60lb on my squat in the last 1.5 years, and I’d say 405 will be done by me with no issues in the next year.

In 2014 I weighed under 180lb so think about that and my leg measurements, these are new gains, my wife is actually pretty pissed because I keep out growing my clothes, being a muscle head is not easy life. My waste is shrink but the genes have issues getting past my thighs and ass, I have A 34”waist but can’t get a pair of em’ on!

That was in late 1990's/2000.
    I was never strong, strong for my frame/skeleton/genetics, but was never strong. I pushed w/ everything I had though for many many many many years, to add proportionate muscle. Tough internally, not so tough externally/muscle. I was lean-bulked up at 195+/-, 5'8, w good feathering/maturity under loads, looked like I culd move a lot more weight than I actually could/did. edit/add.....i looked like i could bench 315 for maybe half dozen, but truth is I never went past 225 when i worked chest, and i think i only did 185 for reps 90+% of the time. I think I did 285(?) for a couple/few once or twice, just to see if I could do it, but that was max weight for me. 225 felt heavy enuff. My body/joints wasnt designed for low/heavy reps. I only went heavy (for me) on legs/calves, cause I was struggling/forcing for leg growth.

i am disabled now. When i go to gym now (try to lose weight....skinny/super-fat, lol...prolly 35%), my legs vibrate/shake squatting empty bar (cns/motor control). I weak AF!!!! lol.
    I no longer bodybuild (whatever that word means anymore). It's all good. @ home spending lot of time w my dog

30 reps seemed to take for ever, and i remember it was brutal nightmare, lol.
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-14-2019 at 10:34 AM.

In 20 years of training I’ve never done a real full squat with 405
    Me neither, lol.
    Never beyond parallel w/ 405, ever. My knees would have exploded. Tiny joints. 405 was very dangerous to my skeleton/knees. Full kneewraps and belt. Did ATG w everything else, cause thats what I was taught, but looking back, prolly shouldnt of.....i am sure I was over taxing my tiny knees/hips. i would belt up at 315 and full wraps TIGHT at 405. I was not physically strong, but pushed very hard.

My butt grew faster than my legs, lol. Big squat butt
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-13-2019 at 07:17 PM.

I've seen a video of a guy doing 315x30 for squats. He probably weighed around 275 pounds, but my mind was completely blown.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Miss C.S.

I've seen a video of a guy doing 315x30 for squats. He probably weighed around 275 pounds, but my mind was completely blown.
    Yep...that is a A LOT of reps for sure. I am not buying the delusional 'glory day' stories. Heard them waaaay too many times here. I would be more impressed with a 135 single in good form from a guy who is 'coming back' from great injury, than a guy who consistently talks 'out the a$$' numbers that really dont add up when he is not analyzing the nattie vs non-nattie arguments. Not the first and wont be the last....

I would try the skipping rope thing, but my accident left me with hip issues from which I have never recovered. It is the reason that even though I am obviously hip/glute dominant, I have to squat with my feet shoulder width. Same reason I cant lift sumo. (I think I would break in two!) I think the constant jumping would aggravate my hip.

I hear people all the time make all kinds of excuses. If I took every barrier as to why I could not, I should not even be in the gym. In 09 I got a shoulder MRI and have a partial labrum tear. At the time I could not even lift my infant son out of a car seat, or lift a gallon of milk in the fridge. I went back to square one and learned how I could bench in a very tight grove. Went on to bench 400+
    RAW lifts

Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sure, I'll play since I helped make this thread retarded (Dont give a fuk either)

I was a bit fluffy here. Don't mind the floss on my legs. Had some hammy issues Oh and the music was questionable

230x30

400 plus triples

I'm much leaner now and a bit less strong because of my BJJ focus but I still have stamina for days ;P
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

I am not buying the delusional 'glory day' stories.
    Sir, My 'glory days' are not from gym. gym was something you had to do, to change your physique to something you were happier with. nothing to do with passion or glory or competition. It was self-growth, not competition with others in gym or on forum.
    My glory/passions/competitions/pride/love r in other sports/things, not lifting weights.

I also was forthcoming about not having great strength. What more can i do for you, what dance do you want me to do?
    You talk about training w a sprained ankle, then you tell me i am mentally weak when I look/move like Michael J Fox, yet still go to gym when i can and shake and drop 5-lb dumbbells. Yes, I am mentally weak

Now on too it.... I know for a fact you r very strong and can easily squat 225. I know for a fact you can squat 225 10-15x. Here is your homework.
    Squat 225 as many times as you can, to failure. When you are done, stand there and catch some breaths. Then keep going, then stand and catch some breaths, then keep going. repeat until you hit 30. Then rack. Do not rack until you hit 30.
    You are physically capable of this. I did it, I was not gifted, I was not anything special, I was physically weaker than you, I was avg w hard internals/mentals. I could do it, anyone can do it.
    Do your homework....I bet you surprise yourself and get an A+.
    You can thank me later
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Sure, I'll play since I helped make this thread retarded (Dont give a fuk either)

I was a bit fluffy here. Don't mind the floss on my legs. Had some hammy issues Oh and the music was questionable

230x30

400 plus triples

I'm much leaner now and a bit less strong because of my BJJ focus but I still have stamina for days ;P
    Impressive, Jon. Mirin.

I have dropped from 205 body-weight to 190 purposefully. There is more definition. I am fighting to regain some strength lost without gaining weight.

All lifts are consistent with my weight at 205 except my squats. With my extreme knee issues that I thought were resolved mostly, it has come back. So, at 190, I have had to struggle and claw my way back up to 315 for 3 sets of 3. What is depressing besides the pain, is that I cannot physically go beyond parallel. No more ATG and for me, I like to friendly compete with the younger guys in the gym and I do, but I made a video of my 315 for 3 this morning and when I saw that I only went parallel, I was bummed AF.
    In life and in the gym we have to exceed our self-perceived abilities and take calculated risks, in order to succeed and to progress.

President and Founder of the O35 Girls are Sexy Club

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

230x30
    Yes!!!!!
    U mentally tough! You physically tough! You Champion inside! <3
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-14-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Pretty awesome! Man your low bar looks awesome. (I just cant get my shoulder to allow me to do that and I cant put my legs that wide) I am so jealous of your form! Your 'groove' is almost mechanical in nature. Very nice!

Despite being able to move decent weight, I have never gotten to a point where I can feel comfortable in a squat. I have to force my body into a form that really does not work with structure, but rather works 'around' my injuries.

What DOES feel comfortable for me surprisingly is no-handed. I cant quite explain it, but it takes the pressure off my shoulders and I am forced to really balance out my groove in a coordinated effort. Two weeks ago, I 405x3 no-handed super easy. It is what made me want to try to squat heavy last week. But as I said, I did not make it past 405 before my back complained. Weird.....

This is as close to "high" rep as I get

To squat and deadlift have never been affected much from me dropping weight. My bench....would dive as soon as I was carb depleted. (as much as 10%)

After hurting my back, I made a follow up with my ortho for next week. It has been 6 months since I have seen him and just a year past the accident. I want to get some opinions on what is going on and if I am in danger of hurting anything (beyond temp pain).

Facet blocks at this point are not really an option since the pain has lasted a year. I want to see what he thinks.
    RAW lifts

I have to force my body into a form that really does not work with structure, but rather works 'around' my injuries.

What DOES feel comfortable for me surprisingly is no-handed.
    Here is a friendly suggestion that might help.
    Once under the bar, Slide your hands outward all the way to the plates. Drape your wrists forward, over the bar and let your hands hang, your wrists making contact w the bar, outer hands against plates.
    You will have bar balance, and take strain off shoulder assembly. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-14-2019 at 09:15 AM.

I would try the skipping rope thing, but my accident left me with hip issues from which I have never recovered..... I think the constant jumping would aggravate my hip.
    If done correctly, skipping-rope is actually VERY low impact/resistance. I wasn't doing it correctly for at least the first the year, but eventually got that rhythm down of staying on your toes the entire time and barely lifting your feet of the ground. When I first started I was actually "jumping", which of course is gonna wreak havoc on your feet, ankles, knees, etc.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Miss C.S.

If done correctly, skipping-rope is actually VERY low impact/resistance. I wasn't doing it correctly for at least the first the year, but eventually got that rhythm down of staying on your toes the entire time and barely lifting your feet of the ground. When I first started I was actually "jumping", which of course is gonna wreak havoc on your feet, ankles, knees, etc.
    I know. But to give you an idea, walking for too long on a treadmill will aggravate my hip. It is probably easy to assume I am fairly 'intact' at 46, but I have quite a few injuries I am working around

Still not too bad for an 'old' guy, but I wish I could do more dynamic work... I just have to be very careful what I choose to do and always do with perfect form. It is why I have to laugh at these guys talking about doing crazy amount of reps and 'lifting till you puke'..etc. NOPE...not me. Call me a puss, but I am not lifting anything nor am I pushing myself too hard for specific reasons. Sure, I push hard in given ways, but only under controlled conditions. The idea of doing any work in a very fatigued state scares the hell out of me!

I just do what I can do. Which I dont feel all that bad about.
    RAW lifts

The idea of doing any work in a very fatigued state scares the hell out of me!
    I hear yah there, ID. I'd say the only exercises I currently am doing that will "fatigue" me the last few reps are squatting 12 reps, snatch-grip dead-lifting anything over 8 reps, and super-setting landmine and meadows rows (something newer I've been doing for back that just kick my ass from a lung capacity standpoint, despite the skip-roping and running I do).
    Epic Beard Man crew

Miss C.S.

JTBNY,

Your 230x30 looked like a nice moderate set

BBJ is good to know for defense and stuff, but I'd never sacrifice certain lifts to do their "cookie cutter" stuff, there are some things I can take from the table with MMA "training" and I personally know a "fighter". I would pay him for his time and not waste mine.

Everyone hated Bobby "the brain" Heenan, well because he was smart, but he was also tough too.

No one likes me either!

Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    JTBNY,

Your 230x30 looked like a nice moderate set

BBJ is good to know for defense and stuff, but I'd never sacrifice certain lifts to do their "cookie cutter" stuff, there are some things I can take from the table with MMA "training" and I personally know a "fighter". I would pay him for his time and not waste mine.

Everyone hated Bobby "the brain" Heenan, well because he was smart, but he was also tough too.

No one likes me either!
    You obviously know very little about BJJ if you think it's cookie cutter. I also do comp BJJ, not self defense, so it's far more intense, IMO. As for sacrificing lifts; I've had to cut back because BJJ live rolling is a pretty good workout. Doing that 4 days a week coupled with heavy lifting 3 days a week was taking a toll on my body. If you think you are in good shape you learn very quickly while rolling you're not.
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

You obviously know very little about BJJ if you think it's cookie cutter. I also do comp BJJ,

I absolutely knew you would say that, that's how smart I am! "green laughing face" he,he.