shwinky1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I feel soreness after a workout?

Hello everyone,
    So I have started my revised workout routine. And I hit my biceps triceps and shoulders today. I feel I did get a good workout and I absolutely felt the tightness and burn. But at the end of everything my arms still feel fine, is this a bad thing? Do I need to hit the muscles harder? Or is it normal for your muscles to adjust to not being so sore?

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well 1) DOMs usually occur the next day or the day following that. (Atleast for me)
    2) You'll generally only get sore if the stimulus is something you're not used to - like a new exercise. 3) Being sore does not correlate with making progress.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    Well 1) DOMs usually occur the next day or the day following that. (Atleast for me)
    2) You'll generally only get sore if the stimulus is something you're not used to - like a new exercise. 3) Being sore does not correlate with making progress.
    I'm glad to hear it. I've usually had some soreness after workouts. I guess after 2 months I'm finally starting to adjust to everything. I was worried I wasn't getting enough out of my time

So a little update from yesterday, you were correct about the next day. Because now my arms feel like jello. But I've got bcaas and protien. And today is a rest day for me so I should be all ready to go to fully implement the new routine on Monday

TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheUnderdog83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shwinky1992 View Post
    So a little update from yesterday, you were correct about the next day. Because now my arms feel like jello. But I've got bcaas and protien. And today is a rest day for me so I should be all ready to go to fully implement the new routine on Monday
    Lol, my DOMS always kicked in the next day, and with squats was always worse the day after that. I don’t get very sore anymore.

A side note, you can ditch the BCAAs, however you should be taking creatine if you aren’t already. Below is a link to a study done on BCAA supplements stating they don’t increase muscle protein synthesis. Essential Amino Acids (EAA) are important, but you get those from eggs, yogurt, meat, protein powered, etc.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5568273/

An excerpt from the conclusion of the study -

a dietary supplement of BCAAs alone cannot support an increased rate of muscle protein synthesis.
    Consistent with this perspective, the few studies in human subjects have reported decreases, rather than increases, in muscle protein synthesis after intake of BCAAs. We conclude that dietary BCAA supplements alone do not promote muscle anabolism.
    S: 375 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    B: 300 pounds x 1 - 177-pound bodyweight 7/2019
    D: 405 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    OHP: 180 pounds x 1 - 168-pound bodyweight 5/2019
    A great guide to nutrition: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001&p=1481919401&viewfull=1#post1481919401

rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soreness varies for so many different reasons but you can feel sore after a workout yes but generally your doms will kick in around 24-48 hours post workout. Some people get less sore but also have a good protein intake which helps speed up their recovery hence less sore.
    INSTA SEANCURREYFITNESS