redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) redmchalo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Switching to pause reps instead of touch and go reps on bench press. Good or bad?

I am trying to increase my bench press and I feel more stable and have better control using pause reps while benching heavier weights (7 sets of 3 reps). Touch and go reps with heavy weight on the bench press feels awkward on my core, especially my joints. I feel that touch and go reps are good if you are benching lesser weight with more reps (3 sets of 10 reps for example). Touch and go reps on sets that are 5 reps or less feel "off". I think Jason Blaha said the risk for a pec tear increases if you are using touch and go reps on the bench press with heavy weights.

Should I switch to pause reps while benching heavy weights, or stick to touch and go reps anyways?

sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sooby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'd say go ahead and use pause reps

doesn't have to be a long pause, just when it remains motionless on your chest, press up explosively

i'm a bigger fan of it tbh, kills momentum so you have to press the weight with your chest from a deadstop

TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000) TheUnderdog83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you feel better form with pausing then do it. It almost sounds like you might need to slow down your descent a little bit, plus I’m not exactly sure why your core feels awkward during bench...
    Current 1RM at 175-pound bodyweight
    S: 360 pounds
    B: 280 pounds
    D: 375 pounds
    OHP: 175 pounds

Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shihanlifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes. Pause benching is leaps and bounds superior to TnG benching for overall development.

Many people who "can't grow their chest" are chronic TnG'ers who don't realise that the chest is working hardest at the bottom.

scandalpk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you feel better form with pausing then do it, you can pause benching.