Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    172.2 this morning

Got to lift for the first time since February yesterday! Chest and some tris, but I was able to put up 225 for 3 which is decent considering how long it's been since I've lifted + the weight/muscle I lost from my surgeries.

Will hopefully be able to lift chest + tris twice a week now in with my calisthenics!

MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    173.0 this morning

Semi-bad weekend, but maybe just miscalculating my calories too.

Workouts been going well, adding 25lbs to my pull up workouts and that has been a fun challenge.

Need to be more strict with diet - def missing out on some protein due to poor calorie choices.

Under 170 before the end of June if I can stick to my plan!

170.4 this morning

Wild fluctuation! Trying to stay hydrated to produce consistency in my weigh ins, hit or miss but overall trend is downward so I'm happy.

Should be able to get under 170 pretty easily! I wasn't sure after seeing 173 yesterday!

PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PuppyLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Long time no see! Glad to see your back. Your appendix must've weighed a bit when they removed it! haha just kidding. I got back into the swing of things at the beginning of June weighing in at 235.. Hit a low of 225 recently! So thats about 10 lbs in a month. I saw some past progress photos of when I was at 185/190 and I MISS being at that weight. I really liked how my body looked like then.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey dude,

Have been enjoying reading your log, well done for keeping coming back when you've had setbacks. They always happen and the biggest obstacle is to get back on the horse. So good job.

Just a technical note on some posts i saw in the first page of the log:

Carbs: As puppy life said the amount of carbs you eat is irrelevant. The amount of weight you lose is entirely dependent on calories and restricting carbs will have no impact on that. The amount of FAT you lose vs muscle (ie your body composition) can be affected by the amount of protein you consume (although in scientific circles the extent of this is debatable). The only legitimate reason to cut your carbs is that they are the most expendable macro. Fats and proteins are both essential so it is unwise to reduce your intake when you cut if you want to retain muscle and remain healthy. By default this leads to a reduction in carbs. Just to reiterate however, reducing carbs in itself does not lead to fat loss, only a misleading, potential drop in retained water.

'Whooshes': As your body burns fat within fat cells, these cells often retain water once the fat inside them has been broken down. This can last a while and eventually will be released. This is what leads to static weigh ins followed by sudden drops in weight. It is not your body holding on to and then releasing fat cells. Your body almost never actually breaks down or loses fat cells, only the fat inside them. This whole fluctuation process is determined by water.

Keep at it, stay strong, looks like you've got some solid support in both workout and pet related matters from PuppyLife :P Will provide measly reps for <170lb weigh in

Glad to see you're back @Pup! Keep up the good work and you'll be back under 200 in no time! (And it was more the muscle that I lost after the surgeries haha slowly coming back though!)

Alex - thanks for the encouragement! I have definitely learned a lot since my first post of this log! I ended up quickly learning and taken on the "get as much protein as needed, then stay within my calories" approach now.

'Whooshes' were one of the biggest surprises for me throughout this whole process. It can sometimes be discouraging and makes me want to lower my calories even further, but I just need to trust the process. It's worked great so far! For example, I did finally get my weigh in under 170 this morning!

169.2 this morning, this week has been great so far. Lowest I've been in years!

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome news, reps once my 24 hours allows!

Yeah it's almost funny how discouraging that little number can be, even when you KNOW in your head why it's going up/not going down and you know it's not reflective of your progress you can't help but want to do whatever it takes to make it change itself.

After a couple of years of broscience and bollucks as well as trial and error my cutting diet rules have literally just boiled down to 'eat less'. Beyond that and trying to err on the side of filling food (therefore a little more healthy than normal) and getting a good block of protein in I don't tend to think about it anymore. Eat whatever you enjoy and keeps you full enough not to crave. use your last 100 calories on a chocolate bar instead of an apple. Have a steak and fries for dinner, have a beer. So long as it fits in your calories and you use your common sense (ie not blowing your entire allowance on a single mcdonalds meal at 1pm) then there's no need to obsess. Also leaves you craving nice things less, therefore feeling less restricted, therefore greater diet adherence

Keep it up, watching this space

169.2 again this morning - doing well so far this week.

Always tough to say what is a fluctuation and what is me being lazy counting calories.

Either way - some great workouts this week.

168.2 this morning

10x100yd sprints, 45sec rests, DIED

4x10 wide grip pull-ups
    4x8 chin-ups regular grip
    4x7 close grip pull-ups
    18:35 start to finish, all strict form, no kick/crossfit wiggle lol

Time to ruin it with lots of beer, happy 4th of July!

168.4 this morning

Nice going dude, keep it up!

How's eating going at the moment?

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Nice going dude, keep it up!

How's eating going at the moment?
    It's going well! Always following an unintentional intermittent fasting, helps with feeling full big time.

Experimenting with full day fasting once a week as well. Lets me binge a little bit more on the weekends, but I'm uncertain on how much it will effect my lifting when I get back into it. We'll see!

Finally back in the weight room - excited to see some new progress here.

Bulked a bit too much to 185.

Next goal: 170.0

Awesome lifting progress, benched 300 for the first time ever.

Still at 185. I know this is a cutting log, but it's turned more into an update blog :P

I do plan on cutting back to 170 very soon and I will post more consistent updates.

But I'm hitting awesome PRs in my lifts!

Ok - I'm fat again. 199.0 this morning, excited to get back down there.

Daily updates incoming - lifting + throwing in some cardio for fun this time.

196.6 this morning

3 miles on the treadmill, may go lift as well.

195.6 this morning

195.0 this morning

194.8 this morning

193.0 this morning

Great workouts + getting back into cardio a bit.

192.8 this morning

195.2 this morning :/

194.2 - bad weekend, getting back into it

196.8 - lacking discipline, too much beer.

No more drinking until May. Gotta go hard to hit my goals.

Workouts have been great still though! Lifting some big numbers each week - happy with that.

Awesome chest+tris workout again - protein shake after as usual.

Cycling back on creatine starting loading phase today - finish loading phase next Monday 3/22

Only updating twice today to document my creatine so I don't forget.

192.2 this morning - weird swing, wasn't expecting that.

Won't be surprised to see another swing ~194 or so, but who knows. Maintaining the diet.

193.0 this morning

193.8 this morning

Been a great week diet wise so far. Keeping it up