Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Thank you man; on spread

I don't think I'll do classic again as it's really not my interest and I don't have a good classic look/flow; plus that category has it's own completely different posing requirements that I just can't get down.

I think I'm going to go back and forth with Mens Physique and BB'ing. I know, very different categories altogether but I feel I do well in physique as I'm a small guy with more of that look; but I enjoy the posing and everything about BB'ing too.
    I have heard guys explain the physique class. Can I ask you (or Felix or anyone) what is the difference between classic and bodybuilding? I assumed classic was just smaller guys than BB'ing...
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

Registered User maddness_felix@hotmail.com's Avatar
    maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I forgot about this thread!
    Not to hijack, just an update. I ended up taking 1st in the 40+ class last Saturday
    I'm #7 in blue

And the win
    Well done, excellent result, looking great in the photos.

Registered User maddness_felix@hotmail.com's Avatar
    maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maddness_felix@hotmail.com is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post
    I have heard guys explain the physique class. Can I ask you (or Felix or anyone) what is the difference between classic and bodybuilding? I assumed classic was just smaller guys than BB'ing...
    The Classic Class in most federations is a weight to height class, it is generally your height in cm minus 100 is the weight you are allowed to be in kg, so if you were 183cm tall you could weigh up to 83kg allow some federation allow + 3kg or +6kg on top of this depending on your height.

smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) smokinal has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post
    So this may vary from organization to organization, but my experience with Classic vs BB'ing goes something like this...I entered classic back 5 weeks ago and came in pretty lean, thinking I would blow the class away with conditioning. Well that backfired on me. I came in 3rd; only problem was there was only 3 of us...

I always, politely and respectfully, ask the judges how I can improve and all of them said I came in far too peeled for that category; that I should have come in about 20% fatter; I should have entered BB'ing.
    So, OCB takes a lot of stock in holding to the traditional look of Classic BB'ers. Which I like. If you're going to have a category, judge it to those specs; which they do. So BF % plays a big part in the look they want. They don't want an ultra lean, grainy, vascular look as most of the classic guys didn't have that yet.

The other part is the poses. I actually got called out on stage for doing more of a traditional FDB; they want one leg out, a slight twist in the torso, a slight arch in the arms etc... They really want poses that are indicative of traditional, classic BB'ers.

Like I said in my prior post, I don't see myself entering Classic again as it just doesn't interest me like BB'ing does. To do well, you really need a certain, classic look.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the info smokinal.
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008