Nurko1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

HELP ! Weird Bulge

Hello,

I have been active all my life, from conditioning training, ab work and football. Occasionally I would venture into lifting weights but nothing serious......

Recently I have started strong lifts and I 've started to feel some discomfort in the lower abdominal area.

I had an operation for my appendix when I was 6 years old and ever since I can remember I had this oval-shaped bulge around it... Never really bothered me nor hurt me

Sometimes when I strained too hard it would kind of swell but nothing serious.

Recently I have been eating in a surplus to gain mass and doing lifts quite seriously and it started to kind of swell on a regular basis.

Swelling goes down on rest days .... the picture I am posting is almost right after a workout.

I am really puzzled what this might be as I fear its hernia, but how can this be because it's like a connected pipe around the whole abdomen, and I had it almost all my life.

The tissue is as firm as abs when it's not flexed, when I flex my stomach it protrudes a bit as you can see in the picture. ( Keep in mind I am leaned back so it's more visible for the actual photo)

Again no pain, no serious issues so far ... it gets kind of hot recently after my workouts for lack of a better word, and my thigh muscle twitched on occasion recently after my squats/deadlifts.

Can it be that I inflamed something? Strained? I am really lost and would appreciate any help
    Attached Images

Bump, please if someone can help?

Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Doubt it's a hernia based on how it looks. It seems like it could be just irritation/inflammation in the scar tissue where the incision healed caused by the movement. When being active, the movement stretches the scar tissue and causes irritation/inflammation. Just my opinion - I'm obviously no expert. Ask your doctor to be sure.

Originally Posted by Km2019 View Post
    Doubt it's a hernia based on how it looks. It seems like it could be just irritation/inflammation in the scar tissue where the incision healed caused by the movement. When being active, the movement stretches the scar tissue and causes irritation/inflammation. Just my opinion - I'm obviously no expert. Ask your doctor to be sure.
    Thanks for the reply , its seems that you might be right . That is exactly what the doctor said , that there is no chance this is a hernia.I even did CT of the abdomen , Colonoscopy and ultrasound for a different medical reason recently and nothing came up. Seems that I inflamed fascia and scar tissue on both side of the ingunal canal and it definitly looked really wierd , altough I had these lumps almost whole my life. Almost identical symptoms of the hernia and it still kinda looks like it but the swelling has gone done.What is wierd I have not found anything simillar describing this on the internet ... Wierd situation , she said I will always feel this if I overwork and as my core strenght goes up it will always have pressure there and it might get inflamed.

Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Km2019 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nurko1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply , its seems that you might be right . That is exactly what the doctor said , that there is no chance this is a hernia.I even did CT of the abdomen , Colonoscopy and ultrasound for a different medical reason recently and nothing came up. Seems that I inflamed fascia and scar tissue on both side of the ingunal canal and it definitly looked really wierd , altough I had these lumps almost whole my life. Almost identical symptoms of the hernia and it still kinda looks like it but the swelling has gone done.What is wierd I have not found anything simillar describing this on the internet ... Wierd situation , she said I will always feel this if I overwork and as my core strenght goes up it will always have pressure there and it might get inflamed.
    Good to hear it's nothing serious. Just treat it like an injury; keep a close eye on it, rest it when you need to, and don't push it too quickly with abdominal work, or heavy compounds. Maybe it will gradually stretch enough that it doesn't get irritated anymore.