Thread: Bulk or Surgery

WhiteMeatFat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Bulk or Surgery

I lost 110 pounds I am 16 , and the surgery is $8,135 I Can get it with all the money saved up from my job. I am 162 at 6'2 should I bulk , or get the surgery? I wanted to bulk after , but I wanted to know if I bulked would it fill in the loose skin

Here is a link to the pics - http://imgur.com/gallery/2a8diyq

The 2nd , and pic are the same weight just 6 months apart I decided to recomp , and take lifting more seriously

ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz ForumNature has the mod powerz
    Congratulations on the weight loss, that is some serious progress!

That being said, you posted this in the All Access section, so are you following an All Access program? Loose skin will eventually tighten up, but it does take time. If you are looking to bulk, there are some excellent programs in All Access.
    ~BBCOM Chadmin~
    ~Outdoor Recreation Crew~
    Go outside and play.
    Open your mind.

Originally Posted by ForumNature View Post
    Congratulations on the weight loss, that is some serious progress!

That being said, you posted this in the All Access section, so are you following an All Access program? Loose skin will eventually tighten up, but it does take time. If you are looking to bulk, there are some excellent programs in All Access.
    I don't think it is I am about as lean as I can get with this height , and weight , and have been here for a while now been maintaining for around 8 to 9 months now bro

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WhiteMeatFat View Post
    I don't think it is I am about as lean as I can get with this height , and weight , and have been here for a while now been maintaining for around 8 to 9 months now bro
    I would bulk, fill out a bit, and give it more time. It should tighten up more as you do this; you're skin is not too bad and you are young. It might not get completely back to normal, but I think it will become far less noticeable.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    I would bulk, fill out a bit, and give it more time. It should tighten up more as you do this; you're skin is not too bad and you are young. It might not get completely back to normal, but I think it will become far less noticeable.
    I am honestly just going to get the surgery , and be way more comfortable with myself man thanks

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am honestly just going to get the surgery , and be way more comfortable with myself man thanks
    I think it's worth doing while you are younger because the scars will be less noticeable then if you have it done while you are older.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    I think it's worth doing while you are younger because the scars will be less noticeable then if you have it done while you are older.
    that is what I think I can't wait to have it gone , and see my progress better

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that is what I think I can't wait to have it gone , and see my progress better
    Also I think its nice to be thin, as I am sure you have noticed after such a drastic loss. If it were me I wouldn't be in a hurry to bulk up.

Also I think its nice to be thin, as I am sure you have noticed after such a drastic loss. If it were me I wouldn't be in a hurry to bulk up. Just eat enough food to gain strength on your lifts and otherwise stay lean.
    I have been doing that It is nice , but I want to gain 20 pounds I legit get called stick by people who never knew I was fat my lifts got way better from like 85 pound bench to 160 pound bench niw 365 deadlift 250 squat 162 6'2

I have been doing that It is nice , but I want to gain 20 pounds I legit get called stick by people who never knew I was fat my lifts got way better from like 85 pound bench to 160 pound bench niw 365 deadlift 250 squat 162 6'2
    Nice good progress keep at it and you won't be a stick figure.

My goal is to just get the surgery get to where im at now cuz I won't be able to lift for 1.50 months , and 3 months for squat / deadlift then lean bulk to 185 see how I feel there

Sounds reasonable. You'll get any strength loss back pretty fast, a few months isn't a big deal. Just make sure you research your surgeon and see one that isn't going to mess you up.

Sounds reasonable. You'll get any strength loss back pretty fast, a few months isn't a big deal. Just make sure you research your surgeon and see one that isn't going to mess you up.
    Oh I did I already had the consultation he has 4.50 stars , and has the best reviews in my area he is also the most expensive lol

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're 16? I would wait on getting the surgery until after you man muscles are developed (say around 22) then get the surgery if it's still needed/wanted.

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    You're 16? I would wait on getting the surgery until after you man muscles are developed (say around 22) then get the surgery if it's still needed/wanted.
    Bro im going to get it U really wanna look the best I can it's not gonna get much better on it's own imagine not taking your shirt off unless your laying down during sex cuz thats the only way my skin looks normal

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would weigh looking like crap for 5 years vs potentially looking like crap for the next 50. But hey, you're 16 and know everything there is to know about everything. I would work hard on getting stronger and bulking somewhat until your man body has developed (you're still a kid) then take care of the loose skin.

That is a good point you may end up finding that the skin will go away as you get larger and older. You are still very young. Remember that a surgeons job is to perform surgeries. As the saying goes, "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail". Maybe wait until you are 18, and think about it. You will probably gain a lot of muscle in the next couple years and fill out more.