AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Working out and dieting making me fatter?

I don't understand what's going on. I've been hitting the weights, (benchpress, squats, shoulder presses etc.), and eating carefully, trying to maintain a slight calorie deficit. Eateing grilled chicken breast, brown rice, raw fruits & veggies, whey protein powder. And every day my stomach looks more distended and flabby. What's going on??

Any advice?

Thanks.

EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000) EBarbz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how long have you been dieting?
    have you weighed yourself?
    how strict is your diet? are you measuring out everything or just eyeballing it and taking guesses?
    "I mean I know Im gonna get Got....But ima get mine more than I get Got Doh"-Marshawn Lynch

Made in Detroit

Perfect Height Crew

AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50) AdamFrostburg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been going at it steady, after a 2 month break, for the past week and a half. I eyeball myself in the mirror. My diet is pretty strict. I eat one or two chicken breasts a day, one or two cups brown rice, and I blend raw spinach, banana, blueberries and whey powder once or twice a day. I remain with a bit of hunger before bedtime, and probably much of the day.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking bigger after one week doesn't really mean anything. Actually gaining one pound in a week doesn't really mean anything, at least as far as whether you're eating in excess or not. Measure and weigh yourself and if you are going in the wrong direction or weighing the same after 3 weeks, drop calories.

alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexincabo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could be a lot of things in my opinion, but given that it's only been a week and a half I'm sure your body is yet to adjust to the deficit and beginning burning fat for energy. Additionally, eyeballing your size in the mirror and food portions could be leading to some mis-measurements. I'd recommend using my fitnesspal and eyeballing food portions in addition to weighing yourself weekly. Obviously I'm no professional, but when I began my fat loss mission i had the same problem for a few weeks, but once i started dialing in on my macros and tracking my progress, or lack their of, the process sped way up.

Originally Posted by AdamFrostburg View Post
    I don't understand what's going on. I've been hitting the weights, (benchpress, squats, shoulder presses etc.), and eating carefully, trying to maintain a slight calorie deficit. Eateing grilled chicken breast, brown rice, raw fruits & veggies, whey protein powder. And every day my stomach looks more distended and flabby. What's going on??

Any advice?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by alexincabo View Post
    Could be a lot of things in my opinion, but given that it's only been a week and a half I'm sure your body is yet to adjust to the deficit and beginning burning fat for energy. Additionally, eyeballing your size in the mirror and food portions could be leading to some mis-measurements. I'd recommend using my fitnesspal and eyeballing food portions in addition to weighing yourself weekly. Obviously I'm no professional, but when I began my fat loss mission i had the same problem for a few weeks, but once i started dialing in on my macros and tracking my progress, or lack their of, the process sped way up.
    I mean, you guys don't understand. Like, my stomach is SERIOUSLY distended. It looks like it's been inflated like a balloon. I've never seen it like this. Like, it probably increased in size by 4 or 5 inches in a period of 2 days. Heck, it often increases in size in a period of a single afternoon. The rest of my body, back, etc looks more lean. Does this make sense?

lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10) lipids is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I mean, you guys don't understand. Like, my stomach is SERIOUSLY distended. It looks like it's been inflated like a balloon. I've never seen it like this. Like, it probably increased in size by 4 or 5 inches in a period of 2 days. Heck, it often increases in size in a period of a single afternoon. The rest of my body, back, etc looks more lean. Does this make sense?
    How long has your stomach been like that? Did you change diet recently? It sounds like something I went through for the past couple of months. Even if I ate just a slice of pizza or a PBJ, I would get very bloated like I was pregnant. It would last several days and only go down when I would go on a short fast.

I went to the doctor and had my blood tested, turns out I had gluten sensitivity. Since going gluten free my bloating issue has gone away. I hope you don't have the same issue but may be something to consider. At least see a doctor if your condition persists. Best of luck to you.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can increase mine by at least 4 inches just by inhaling.

If you think you have a medical problem, see a doctor.

Otherwise, track your weight and drop calories if you're not losing over 3+ weeks. Obviously you don't gain 4-5 inches worth if fat (25ish lbs) in that amount of time.

sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) sammyBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks more like some severe bloating to me. Is your stomach firm and hard or soft?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I mean, you guys don't understand.
    ...and not a picture to be found.

Originally Posted by sammyBuff View Post
    Looks more like some severe bloating to me. Is your stomach firm and hard or soft?
    soft

Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500)
    You may be pregnant, get tested or it could be a tumor.

Okay, so I input what I ate into myfitnesspal for the past few days and since my last lifting session, and I discovered that I have been averaging about 900-1000 calories per day. Way too little. So I finally ate a proper amount (1900 cals. I weigh 151 lbs at 5ft 9inches), and my belly bloat disappeared. My abs almost completely flattened in a matter of a few hours. So that was my problem: Undereating causing my belly to swell. So now you know in case that ever happens to you.

Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000)
    So that was my problem: Undereating causing my belly to swell.
    I figured the bloating could have been caused by the rice "I get bloated if I eat too much rice", swallowing too much air while eating, too much sodium or carbs etc. Same thing happens when drinking carbonated beverages.

Glad you figured out what was going on.

Edit - Certain types of vegetables can cause bloating, like broccoli.

What's your diet look like now? What types of foods? Total amount of calories if you're weighing them out?
    Last edited by Grelko; 03-13-2019 at 03:51 AM.
    1. Married crew * Left handed crew * Poetry crew * Always pick 4 crew * D&D crew * No cellphone crew
    3. Grelko is currently being renovated, please leave a message at the beep
    4. Quest - Searching for the holy grail of 50/30/20 High carb
    5. No supplement diet
    7. Started Feb 2012 @ 250 lbs 31% BF
    8. Down to 178.8 lbs summer of 2015
    9. Restarted April 13th, 2020 at 224.5 lbs
    10. Going for ??? 5% BF ?
    11. Long term goal 235 lbs @ 8-12% BF
    12. *Twelve line crew*

Originally Posted by Grelko View Post
    I figured the bloating could have been caused by the rice "I get bloated if I eat too much rice", swallowing too much air while eating, too much sodium or carbs etc. Same thing happens when drinking carbonated beverages.

Glad you figured out what was going on.

Edit - Certain types of vegetables can cause bloating, like broccoli.

What's your diet look like now? What types of foods? Total amount of calories if you're weighing them out?
    Brown rice, skinless boneless chicken breast seasoned with garlic salt, water, blueberries, spinach, kale, bananas, apples, whey protein powder, tomatoes/tomato juice, occasional plain chicken strip subs at subway with just onions, banana peppers and red pepper relish. That's it for now. I need to eat about 2800 cals on heavy lifting days. Maybe 2300 cals on long stretches of rest days, I guess.

Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000) Grelko is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Brown rice, skinless boneless chicken breast seasoned with garlic salt, water, blueberries, spinach, kale, bananas, apples, whey protein powder, tomatoes/tomato juice, occasional plain chicken strip subs at subway with just onions, banana peppers and red pepper relish. That's it for now. I need to eat about 2800 cals on heavy lifting days. Maybe 2300 cals on long stretches of rest days, I guess.
    Looks pretty good to me, More calories on gym days, less on non-gym days.

Unless you want to stick to those certain foods, you could always add in other vegetables, different meats, fish, peanutbutter, olive oil "good fats" and all sorts of other things to get more variety. Just keep track of the calories.
    1. Married crew * Left handed crew * Poetry crew * Always pick 4 crew * D&D crew * No cellphone crew
    3. Grelko is currently being renovated, please leave a message at the beep
    4. Quest - Searching for the holy grail of 50/30/20 High carb
    5. No supplement diet
    7. Started Feb 2012 @ 250 lbs 31% BF
    8. Down to 178.8 lbs summer of 2015
    9. Restarted April 13th, 2020 at 224.5 lbs
    10. Going for ??? 5% BF ?
    11. Long term goal 235 lbs @ 8-12% BF
    12. *Twelve line crew*

Are you trying to lose weight or not?

SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000) SebastianZay is just really nice. (+1000)
    More exercise = craving more calories
    Do you overeat and not realise