ochoamadd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New workout, gaining fat not muscle

Hey! Have been working out for a while but very inconsistent. Started taking it seriously 3 months ago. Changed my diet, stopped being a veg, and go to the gym 3 times a week.

I’ve gone from 155 pounds to 169 since I started working out. I think I’ll just getting fatter and not gaining muscle. Pics from March and November, after and before, in my profile gallery.

What should I do? Could I actually have gained muscle and not fat?

Registered User Nick4LifeChange's Avatar
    Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ochoamadd View Post
    Hey! Have been working out for a while but very inconsistent. Started taking it seriously 3 months ago. Changed my diet, stopped being a veg, and go to the gym 3 times a week.

I’ve gone from 155 pounds to 169 since I started working out. I think I’ll just getting fatter and not gaining muscle. Pics from March and November, after and before, in my profile gallery.

What should I do? Could I actually have gained muscle and not fat?
    Cut carbs out. We are not plowing fields anymore in this day and age, so we dont need it. Look into a Paleo diet. It is kind of expensive, but very satisfying and helps you cut in a healthy way.
    I have always been of the opinion that unpopularity earned by doing what is right is not unpopularity at all, but glory.
    -Marcus Tullius Cicero

[18] Who have erred from the truth, saying, that the resurrection is past already, and have subverted the faith of some. [19] But the sure foundation of God standeth firm, having this seal: the Lord knoweth who are his; and let every one depart from iniquity who nameth the name of the Lord.

Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    We might not be plowing the fields anymore, but that’s exactly how you should feel at the end of a workout.

OP. Are you on a program or just going to the gym lifting all silly nilly and random.

How many cals a day. Macros. Sleep pattern. All matter. How did you put that 14 pounds on? Slow and steady or a lot of it recently. Details matter.

If you don’t know all of that, then yes, that 14 pound gain is likely all fat. And even if it isn’t, no more than 6 pounds of that is muscle after the changes 3 months ago. But that’s if you were doing everything spot on. That sounds unlikely.

What you need to do is answer all of those questions to reveal the problem with gains.

johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnconnorr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you've put on a stone in 3months what more do you want? Some guys don't even gain that on an entire cycle if your strength is going up you have gained muscle

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Nick4LifeChange View Post
    Cut carbs out. We are not plowing fields anymore in this day and age, so we dont need it. Look into a Paleo diet. It is kind of expensive, but very satisfying and helps you cut in a healthy way.
    OP, ignore this ridiculous advice. There is a reason that poster has a red reputation.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    OP, ignore this ridiculous advice. There is a reason that poster has a red reputation.

Agreed. The reason you put on that much weight and fat was your surplus is too high. Do you track what you eat and know how many calories you are taking in? Optimal weight gain is 2-3 lbs per month
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

Registered User Nick4LifeChange's Avatar
    Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nick4LifeChange is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I have always been of the opinion that unpopularity earned by doing what is right is not unpopularity at all, but glory.

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

You can say what you please, old man. Lions never lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
    -Marcus Tullius Cicero

[18] Who have erred from the truth, saying, that the resurrection is past already, and have subverted the faith of some. [19] But the sure foundation of God standeth firm, having this seal: the Lord knoweth who are his; and let every one depart from iniquity who nameth the name of the Lord.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Nick4LifeChange View Post

-Marcus Tullius Cicero

You can say what you please, old man. Lions never lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
    HAHAHA Your advice is still ridiculous, even with your quotes
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”